Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- New World the MMORPG by Amazon kicked off this week with it’s Closed Beta which will continue until August 2nd. We’ve been playing New World on Twitch this week, taking part in the and Battle for New World. We’ve also released a New World Closed Beta Impressions video on our channel to give our views on the combat, character progression and more.
- If you are looking to join the Closed Beta while it’s on, you can pre-order the game through Steam or Amazon, which will grant you a closed beta key, so you can check out the action for yourself. The game offers crafting systems, a variety of weapons to choose from including both ranged and up-close combat. There’s PVE content in the form of quests, factions missions and Expeditions which are similar to dungeons. It also features PVP content such as Outrush Post which 20 v 20 PvPvE battles. These Outposts can be upgraded, defended and used as forward operating bases to drive back the enemy.
- If you need help with New World be sure to drop by our New World wiki. New World will launch on PC on August 31st.
For more on this news find it here in New World Closed Beta: How To Join, Details, Date And Time.
- Eldest Souls will be coming to a number of platforms including PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC on July 29th. The 16-bit Soulslike got a new animated trailer featuring some of what awaits players.
- In case you missed it Eldest Souls made it to our Top 5 Upcoming RPGs Of July 2021. The souls-like indie follows the quest to save mankind from the Old Gods, and yes it is you who is the last hope. Eldest Souls promises fast-paced combat, its own flavour of Boss-Rush experience and some unique challenges to best. It’s all done in a 2D top-down pixel art style giving a retro feel.
For more on this news find it here in 2D Souls-Like Eldest Souls Gets A New Animated Trailer; Releases On Consoles And PC This Month.
- Developer Nexon Korea have announced Project Magnum which will release for both PC and console. The game combines RPG elements with third-person shooter combat.
- Project Magnum promises “beautiful visuals” with a sci-fi styled environment. Players can engage in exciting battles with skills, action, and guns with high-quality PVE content that will entail huge bosses to challenge.
- While no release window has been announced as of yet, it’s great they have confirmed a worldwide release.
For more on this news find it here in Project Magnum A Looter Shooter RPG For PC And Consoles Announced By Nexon Korea.
- Also this week the online RPG Genshin Impact gained a major update Version 2.0 which brings new characters, new archon quests, new story quests, a new region Inazuma to explore, new in-game systems, enemies, domains and more.
- In order to commence the latest content, players will need to be Adventure Rank 30 or above, and have completed Act 1 of the Archon Quest. Once you have done that you will embark upon your journey to Inazuma which is a stunning new area to explore. You can also now resonate with Electro for your traveler character, which opens up a new way to fight and create combinations with your party of characters.
- Also don’t miss out on the chance to gain Beidou for free, by taking part in the Thunder Sojourn event. If you want to know more about the additions and improvements with Genshin Impact Version 2.0 be sure to drop by the Fextralife website to check out the patch notes. We’ll be streaming Genshin Impact on our Twitch channel this week, if you want to check out the new region with us.
- The developers have also announced the first character cross-over to join the game being Horizon Zero Dawn. Yes Aloy will be joining Genshin Impact, coming to the Playstation platform first as a free 5 stay character in Version 2.1. She will be a Cryo character and of course wields a bow. She joins your crew of characters via in-game mail after maintenance on October 13th. On November 24th all players on all platforms will gain the character also.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Version 2.0 Update Is Now Live: Inazuma, New Archon Quests, New In-Game System And More.
- Netflix will be going to gaming with an initial focus on mobile games and this will be a part of the Netflix subscription plan without further costs. This was announced as part of the second-quarter earnings report on Tuesday. This news comes only days after the announcement of hiring former Electronic Arts and Oculus exec Mike Verdu to head the gaming division.
- Netflix shared in a letter with investors that they had already been working on the early stages of gaming. You may have experienced the ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ styled episode of Black Mirror Bandersnatch, which allowed viewers to make interactive choices and gain different outcomes depending on the choices they made. Netflix shared they view gaming as “another content category” but won’t be adding an “additional cost” to subscriptions.
- Currently there is no word on exactly how they will be making this available to consumers. Providing gaming content on their platform directly could be a natural progression, with opportunities to expand into other types of gaming in the future not just mobile.
- What do you think about the Netflix giant heading into gaming? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Netflix Will Expand Into Gaming Starting With Mobile.
- The party-based RPG The Waylanders Summer Early Access update is now available adding a number of animals players can acquire as pets for the Ranger class. Some of these pets will be available to race-specific Classes. Pets include Wild Boar, Panther, Wolf, and Spider, as well as adding a special quest that unleashes the Rabbit.
- Developer Gato also shared a sneak peek at Advanced Classes for Rangers. These include few different paths players can take with Hunter, Draconic Master and Saboteur. After choosing the Ranger class players can select an advanced class to focus on, each granting different new animal companions.
- The July update releases on Early Access for both Steam and Games in Development players on GOG today. You can check out the full list of changes on our The Waylanders wiki.
The Waylanders will now launch in fall 2021, with the Summer early access update now available.
- Publisher Serenity Forge and developer White Rabbit have released a new trailer for upcoming Death’s Gambit: Afterlife which showcases the upgraded release’s new content plus improvements.
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will first launch on Switch sometime in 2021, this will be followed by PC a month later, and Playstation 4 one month after that. Users who already own a copy of Death’s Gambit on Playstation 4 or PC will receive Death’s Gambit: Afterlife as a free upgrade.
- The video explains that players can test out every weapon before making a commitment, which is a great feature to trial different weapons.
- The biggest overhaul is the Talents system. Players will start out with a General Talent tree and a Class-specific one. Then a second Class page will become available, letting players multi-class offering hybrid builds. There are also Advanced Talents that unlock in the endgame, which can be used well into New Game+.
- If you’re curious to know the upcoming additions and changes, or currently working your way through Death’s Gambit, drop by our Death’s Gambit wiki. Death’s Gambit Afterlife will release in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Death’s Gambit: Afterlife New Overview Trailer.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment has launched its Playstation Store Summer Sale which features a number great savings on titles including the first-party title Demon’s Souls Remake for Playstation 5.
- The Demon’s Souls Remake launched alongside the PS5 at the end of last year. It gained a number of changes and additions compared to the original including Fractured Mode, carry capacity, omnidirectional moves and more. If you want the full details on what’s different with Demon’s Souls Remake you can find it on our Fextralife Demon’s Souls wiki.
- You can now pick up the title with 29% off, original price $69.99, now $49.69 for the Standard Edition. You can also pick up the Digital Deluxe Edition which comes with the Red-Eye Knight Armor, Boletarian Royalty Armor, Hoplite Shield, Ritual Blade, Shards and Grains Bundle, Legendary Hero Soul and Original Soundtrack now for $70.19 (original price $89.99, save 22%). Pick up these deals while you can, as the offer ends on August 5th.
- Demon’s Souls is currently available on PS5.
For more on this news find it here in Demon’s Souls Now On Sale For $47.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: