Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- There was a certain amount of hype surrounding this year’s BlizzCon 2018 with Diablo since Blizzard had announced they had been working on “multiple projects” and the schedule included a Diablo focused event. They revealed one of these Diablo projects that fans were not exactly thrilled about, Diablo Immortal an action MMORPG for mobile.
- There’s definitely a high expectation when it comes to developer events, usually bigger reveals are saved for their fans.
- The reaction was less than welcoming, this was probably the first time at a Blizz event when the actual audience was left stunned. Its safe to say the live Twitch audience who were viewing this worldwide also had something to say and it wasn’t positive.
- BlizzCon goers had a chance to ask a few questions during the panel. When a fan questioned if there were any plans to bring this game to PC.
- Wyatt Cheng the Principle Designer of Immortal who presented and helped field questions replied with an answer fans were not hoping for: “The current plan is mobile…we don’t have any plans at the moment to do PC.”
- What do you think of this news? Let us in the comments below.
- To read more about this news find it here in Blizzard Announces Diablo Immortal Mobile Game And Fans Are Less Than Thrilled.
World of Warcraft Classic
- Blizzcon 2018 kicked off with a few reveals including the release window for the long awaited World of Warcraft Classic. Blizzard announce that it will be making it’s way to Warcraft fans in Summer 2019.
- Fans of the early days of World of Warcraft have long awaited news on the release of World of Warcraft Classic, the closest thing to vanilla based on the Drums of War Patch 1.12 but comes with modern support and dedicated servers. Blizzard finally announces at Blizzcon 2018 that it will be releasing next year in Summer. They also share that World of Warcraft subscribers will be able to gain access to the game for free.
- Battle for Azeroth is the latest expansion to release for WoW and is available to play on PC.
To read more about this news find it here in World Of Warcraft Classic Launches Summer 2019; WoW Subscribers Play Free.
Path of Exile
- An announcement was made by Grinding Gear Games the developer of the action RPG Path of Exile that it will be joining Playstation 4 on December 7th 2018. The title will release alongside expansion 3.5.0 that has been announced for PC and Xbox One versions.
- The game was originally released on Xbox One in August 2017, this year will finally join PS4 in time for Christmas. No cross-play has been announced for the launch on Playstation 4 which is still a hot topic after other games such as Fornite allow this.
- Path of Exile is currently available to play on Xbox One and PC, and will be coming to Playstation 4 on December 4th.
- To read more about this news find it here in Path Of Exile Comes To PS4 With 3.5.0 Expansion This December.
Final Fantasy XV
- Square Enix held a special livestream event celebrating their 2 year anniversary for Final Fantasy XV which featured a host of related news coming straight from Square Enix Youtube channel.
- Announcements included rather sad news announcing the departure of director Hajime Tabata who worked on the DLC episodes. This also meant that three of the planned DLCs featuring Noctis, Aranea and Lunafreya were indeed cancelled, with only Ardyn’s episode going forward, releasing in March 2019.
- However, there was some more positive news with the announcement of a standalone version of Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades, which will launch on December 12th for the US.
- Those who already own the season pass will automatically gain the standalone version for free. Square Enix plan to do away with the DLC in FFXV once the new version goes live.
- Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades will contain 10 newly released bosses, costumes and new weapons. If you ever wanted to dress up as a giant Moogle, well now’s your chance.
- Further news was announced in the form of crossover content, Square Enix are quite fond of their crossovers with previous Terra Wars crossover a couple of months ago. But this one is across two Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy XV and XIV. Taking on a new quest called “Adventurer from Another World” will bring in a boss called Garuda from Final Fantasy XIV. This will come with a new update on December 12th.
- To read more about this news find it here in Final Fantasy XV 2 Year Anniversary Livestream On November 7th, Final Fantasy XV Episodes Cancelled As Hajime Tabata Developer Leaves Square Enix and Final Fantasy XV Crossover With Final Fantasy XIV In New Update
Persona 3: Dancing In Moonlight & Persona 5: Dancing In Starlight Demos
- Playstation 4 will be receiving the rhythm themed RPGs spin-offs Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight scheduled for this December, but demos have been released before the official launch.
- You can now test out the game demo on Playstation 4 available in the US PS store. Each game has two different tunes to bust a move to, that’s four tracks total for both games.
- The story takes place when The Phantom Thieves are each whisked away to a secret room, known only as Club Velvet. Upon awakening, each group finds themselves face-to-face with enigmatic Velvet Room residents and are forced to perform at a mysterious dance party, unaware of what lies ahead of them.
- Both titles will feature the original storylines with a returning cast of characters from previous games.
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight will launch on Playstation 4 and PS Vita on December 4th for the US and December 11th for Europe. Both titles are PSVR compatible.
To read about more this news find it here in Persona 3: Dancing In Moonlight & Persona 5: Dancing In Starlight Demos Released For PS4.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Fans of the long awaited Final Fantasy 7 Remake have been looking for any news regarding the project’s progress. At a recent event for The World Ends With You: Final Remix, director Tetsuya Nomura was asked about the remake.
- In a report by Famitsu which was later translated by Gematsu, Nomura answered some questions at a panel for The World Ends With You: Final Remix. A fan expressed to Nomura “I want to play Before Crisis: Final Fantasy 7 again!”
- Nomura responded saying that he was “concentrating on Kingdom Hearts III, but when that’s finished, VII will be where I head next,”.
- He also mentioned that he was “considering various developments in regards to what accompanies the remake” including the “Compilation titles”.
- His answer didn’t quite confirm whether the developer Square Enix will take elements from previous Final Fantasy 7 iterations combining them into the remake, or simply port the previous games alongside the remake.
- To read about more this news find it here in Final Fantasy 7 Remake Director Nomura Considering Compilation Titles.
- A recent thread had caught the eye of Bethesda concerning Fallout 76 PC hacks, while they attest that most are untrue, there are a few that aren’t.
- A user by the name of teetharejustdone shared a list of several issues with Fallout 76 on the subreddit. These concerns included unencrypted client to client communications, this allows players the ability to view other gamer’s in-game stats and IP addresses. This also led to other exposures such as Fallout 76 can be modded by players and innovations that have now appeared on Nexus Mods, which give players an upper-hand. These mods have now been put under moderation by the site.
- Bethesda response was: “Many of the claims in the thread are either inaccurate or based on incorrect assumptions. The community has however called to attention several issues that our teams are already actively tracking and planning to roll out fixes for.”
- It is currently unknown which of these claimed in the thread are true, as Bethesda at this point have not mentioned. Hopefully any major fixes will be all in order before the official launch in about a week’s time.
- Fallout 76 will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC officially on November 14th.
- To read the full article find it here in Bethesda Admit Some Fallout 76 PC Hacks Are True And Vow To Fix.
Red Dead Online
- Following the enormous popularity of Red Dead Redemption 2, Red Dead Online Beta is scheduled to be releasing at the end of this month.
- Rockstar Games released their earnings raking in a cool 17 million copies shipped worldwide. But fans are awaiting the next feature to hit the game, Red Dead Online. Taking the experience of the wild west to multiplayer, some saying similar to that of Rockstar’s previous title GTA Online.
- While the exact date and times have not been released for Red Dead Online, it’s good to know that the beta will still be going ahead towards the end of November. Players should note you will need a console subscription such as Playstation Plus for online mode.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launched last month and is available to play Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
To read more about this news find it here in Red Dead Online Beta Launches End Of November.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: