Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Rumour has it Fable will not be an MMORPG but will still have online features.
- During Xbox Games Showcase, Fable was revealed to the world as part of the Xbox Series X lineup. Now some sources deemed as reliable Xbox insiders has shared that the game will not be an MMORPG but will still have online features. Rumours spread previously that this would be an MMO, but this goes against these assumptions.
- The senior writer at Windows Central and Klobrille, also a well-known Xbox insider on Twitter and ResetEra both have shared that Fable will be an action-RPG with some online elements which includes co-op gameplay.
- From what we can gather from what has been said by the general manager at Xbox Games Marketing at Microsoft Aaron Greenberg Fable is getting a “completely fresh start”.
- Fable has been announced to be coming to Xbox Series X, PC and Xbox Games Pass.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Fable Not An MMO But Will Have Online Features.
Ghost of Tsushima
- This week Ghost of Tsushima has released a patch adding new features Lethal Mode and accessibility options.
- In patch 1.0.5, Sucker Punch adds main accessibility options under Lower Intensity Combat and further options when is comes to subtitles and HUD text.
- The Lower Intensity Combat mode is meant to still keep “the heart” of Ghost of Tsushima while giving more of a forgiving setting, enemies will take longer to detect you as well.
- Alternatively if you want a further difficulty option, there is addition of “Lethal”, which adds a whole further challenge to the game. The new mode introduces deadlier weapons, Jin’s katana and enemies’ weapons will cause more damage.
- Foes will also become more aggressive in their attacks, while Jin will be even more quick to detect, as well as the chances to dodge and parry will become much slimmer in terms of time to react.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima Patch 1.0.5 Introduces Lethal Mode And Accessibility Features.
- Square Enix and Luminous Productions the developer behind upcoming title Project Athia confirms the game will be an open-world game and will be coming to PS5 and later on PC.
- The president of Square Enix Yosuke Matsuda, was recently interviewed by Toyo Keizai who asked a few questions about Square Enix’s mysterious upcoming game known as Project Athia.
- The game was announced during PS5 lineup reveal event, described as a “thrilling story-led, action-packed adventure”.
- According to a translation by Dualshockers, Matsuda shared the game will allows players to freely roam an open-world. PS5 will use light reflecting technology, Ray Tracing and will gain improved graphics.
- While Project Athia will be releasing on both platforms Playstation 5 and PC, according to the interview, the game will be a temporary console exclusive, and will be coming to PC at a later date.
For more on this news find it here in Project Athia Confirmed As An Open-World Game.
- MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a relatively high change to be coming to Xbox consoles according to an interview with producer Naoka Yoshida.
- In a recent interview with Final Fantasy XIV Producer Naoki Yoshida with Game Watch, they talked about the MMORPG and its possibility of coming to Xbox consoles. FFXIV apparently is a possibility on Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
- Yoshida also goes on to talk about how thankful they are to SIE for helping with the previous PS3 version of FFXIV, and explains “I want to expand our business in the future without doing anything rude to any of them.”
- Final Fantasy XIV is currently available to play on Playstation 4 and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Final Fantasy XIV Coming To Xbox Soon?.
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
- Considered the spiritual successor of the Suikoden series, and under the same key creators, a Kickstarter campaign has launched for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes by Rabbit & Bear Studios. The JRPG has an initial goal of around $500k which has already been surpassed. The estimated delivery for pledges looks to be October 2022 according to the campaign page.
- The project outlines a 6 character battle system which will take 2D sprite art-style with 3D background visuals.
- The story spans a deep narrative with a 100 different characters. The goal is for the title to come to PC with additional stretch goals for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X which have already been fulfilled.
- The gameplay focuses on turn-based combat, an RPG system which allows you to command up to six individual units against an army, or against a large foe. You can also recruit new characters that you meet in your travels, from your average fisherman to a brave warrior, each with their own part to play.
- There are a number of stretch goals of course, with a few already funded including console platforms, cooking mini-game, New Game+, fishing and more.
- The Kickstarter campaign still has 27 days to go, already reaching $2.5 million in backing.
For more on this news find it here in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes JRPG Kickstarter Campaign Launches.
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice this week got the announcement that an update will be released on October 29th, adding more to the shinobi action title.
- Details of what additions will come to the game have been outlined on Activision’s official blog. There will be several new features which include the ability to re-challenge bosses, tackle boss gauntlets, perform player movement recordings and more.
- Players will be able to use The Sculptor’s Idols not only for a place to heal but also to take on new challenges with Reflections of Strength and Gauntlets of Strength. The first allowing you to rematch previously defeated bosses and the other with a sort of arena mode, pitting you against a number of challenges.
- Sekiro will finally be able to adorn some new garb, with the addition of new outfit choices. There are three coming with the update which include “Tengu” and “Old Ashina Shinobi” styles.
- Another new feature are player recordings, allowing players to record movements and text of them taking down an enemy that lasts up to 30 seconds.
- This asynchronous feature will help other members of community in learning from others and gaining some insight on particular battles. For a full rundown of features be sure to check out our video.
For more on this news find it here in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Free Update To Add Arena, Outfits And More.
- Cryptic Studios the developer behind the upcoming ARPG Magic Legends based on the Magic: The Gathering Universe have unveiled a new class known as The Sanctifier.
- The Sanctifier is a magic caster who has a long range with the abilities to heal allies while still being able to attack enemies. They can also support their allies and summoned creatures.
- The Sanctifier brings players a balance of damage and heals to the battlefield, rebalancing what is lost with the power of Salvation. Salvation regenerates health, heals summons and gains a stack of Devotion.
- Magic: Legends will be released for PC in 2020, as well as Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Magic Legends Reveals Sanctifier Class.
Moon Studios Signs with Publisher Private Division
- Private Division has just signed publishing deals with a few indie developers. This includes Ori and Will of the Wisps developer Moon Studios who is set to be developing a new Action-RPG under the new deal. Private Division has also signed publishing agreements with Roll7 the studio behind OlliOlli and League of Geeks who developed Armello.
- Private Division is known for publishing such titles as Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds and well as working with Rockstar and 2K.
- Developer Moon Studios also commented about the next game, sharing that although working on Ori for the past ten years “has been a fantastic experience for our team,” they are looking to aim their “sights even higher with a new action RPG”.
- Last December the developer had posted job listings which mentioned an ARPG, with influences from the likes of Diablo, Zelda and Dark Souls. It looks like this is still going ahead but now with Private Division as publisher.
For more on this news find it here in Ori Developer Moon Studios To Develop Action-RPG Published By Private Division.
- This week was the release of Nioh 2’s update version 1.11 which brings a number of additions including a new feature called Demon Parade Picture Scroll.
- When equipped will make it possible for you to become stronger than before. In order to obtain this scroll you will need to defeat enemies in missions set in the “Dream of the Strong” difficulty or above. You can use these scrolls to play Picture Scrolls Missions. They can also be obtained from other users in multiplayer mode and by Bloody Graves. There is also the addition of new Ninja Skills and Onmyo Magic Skills, plus new character creation options. Other additional improved features include increase inventory capacity.
- Alongside the update is the release of the paid DLC called The Tengu’s Disciple. The Tengu’s Disciple DLC which is available for $19.99 with the Nioh 2 Season Pass, or individually for $9.99.
- The DLC The Tengu’s Disciple follows the conclusion of the Nioh 2 campaign. Players will travel to the new coastal region of Yashima and go back in time to the final years of the Heian period.
- Expect 10 new challenging missions, new Yokai, new weapon type the Splitstaff, new armor variants plus new guardian spirit, skills and Ninjutsu abilities.
For more on this news find it here in Nioh 2 Version 1.11 Update And The Tengu’s Disciple DLC.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: