Last updated on October 13th, 2017
No experience is necessary. It’s as simple as making an account and posting an article.
- Daily articles and news, on par with bigger gaming websites, but tailored to the games our users enjoy
- Features, opinion pieces and reviews by gamers, with the unique know-how from those who really play the games. No media bias!
- A platform for everyone who has something to say or share: Focus on Author pages
- Anyone with 50+ posts in our forum is automatically a contributor. You can go to the blog and add an article that easy.
- Editors will add images and video of your choosing as per your request, and help you promote your content
- A thread is automatically created in the forums to discuss your content
- Author pages for your articles: introduce yourself, your social media and showcase all of your content
- Editor Support: Editors will help you with article tips and tricks on request. We also have Writing advice and support threads to guide you.
- Have published works that people read, increase your visibility and recognition
- Our articles are read and shared in places like N4G.com, but also by developers themselves! (Media Molecule, Zenimax, Namco and others have re-shared and re-tweeted Fextra articles)
- Reach our Forum, Twitter, Facebook, Google and Wiki audience through RSS feeds of your work
- Promote your work and content without spamming – an article is better than a “check out my video” post.
- Contribute to the community by sharing your ideas
How to: Getting Started
- If you don’t have 50 posts yet but want to write articles, PM me and I can add you as a contributor
- Once added, go to the blog and click on “dashboard”
- Here you can edit your profile and add your social media links and author “blurb”
- You can also add a new post, or view the calendar to see what was published or is scheduled
How to: Article posting
You can add a new article easily by clicking “add new” under posts. These images show you the available options:
You can save your draft and come back to it later, nobody can see it until it is published (except the editors). Once you are happy with your draft, click “Submit for Review”. The editor will see your article, add category/tags/featured image etc and schedule it.
You can see the calendar to see what posts are already scheduled ahead
Fextralife started as a Demon’s Souls wiki in 2008, expanding to a Dark Souls wiki in 2011, and quickly became one of the most popular Dark Souls related communities on the internet. Since then the community has grown exponentially, spawning forums and wikis for games like Dragon’s Dogma, The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, and Dark Souls II, accommodating millions of users from across the globe.
In 2013, after several successful years on the Dark Souls Wiki and Asylum Kinship, all of these communities were merged under a single banner, and Fextralife.com was born. Like our wikis and forums, the Fextralife blog is powered by the community.
We want to hear your voice!
You can write about whatever you like, as long as it doesn’t promote racism, sexism, homophobic views, hate speech, or bigotry of any kind. Also note
- You will provide accurate information with proper attribution of your sources as appropriate.
- You will not, under any circumstance, plagiarize.
We also tend to shy away from biased articles relating to politics or religion. To clarify, an article about net neutrality laws would be an acceptable and valid topic, but an article about how people should vote for “x” candidate or why “z” elected official is the worst isn’t. Use your best judgement, and if unsure about a subject feel free to contact the editors and ask their opinion.