Bandai Namco today revealed Ashes of Ariandel, the first DLC for Dark Souls 3, is coming on October 25th, confirming leaked rumors of the expansion’s title and date. The expansion will be available for PS4, Xbox One and PC and is included with the 25 USD Season Pass, or will have a standalone cost of 15 USD.
The new content takes players to the frozen land of Ariandel where they will face new foes with new weapons, armor, and magic as they uncover the mystery of what destroyed the land. Check out the trailer above.
Players will find themselves steeped in a brand new environment filled with terrifying new enemies, challenges, and exciting lore to expand the overarching Dark Souls 3 storyline.
Ashes of Ariandel Details
Famitsu has published some detailed information of the game, as follows:
- “In this installment, we will tell the story of a world where cold snow continuously falls. Guided by a mysterious person, who will the wandering players meet and fight in this world, and does “Ahes of Ariandel” hold a meaning?”
- The circle that symbolizes the Way of White becomes a new miracle to tear at enemies. That circlet, almost like a boomerang, returns to its caster after being thrown. For those who learn its uses, it will surely provide a unique style.”
- “An unstable rope bridge suspended across a steep valley. A belfry without a bell rises beyond the violently fluttering snow.”
- “A world covered in freezing snow”. Unlike the pale-sun enveloped dying Lothric, this new world with its snow storms is the center of the DLC. What awaits players here?
- Will players be able to explore this harsh world, that unlike Lothric presents fearsome storms and cold winds stopping your progress?
- A new pvp mode: The Hollow Arena: A new entry in Dark Souls 3 multiplayer, and unlike invasion PvP, your skills will be tested against fierce opponents. Start training now!
- “A spell that fires a cold storm. Fitting for a spell born in the setting of this installment, a cold snow world.”
Ashes of Ariandel Screenshots
Excited for the new content and frozen theme? Let us know your thoughts in the comments and keep checking back for more updates.
Visit the Dark Souls 3 Wiki