The popular Long War mod for XCOM 2 is now available for players on PC. Players can download the mod by visiting the Steam Workshop page. The mod is an overhaul mod similar to the Long War mod that was popular for players of the first game. This mod is unique from other games in that developer Firaxis has worked closely with Long War developer Pavonis to make the mod possible. If modding is your thing, read on for what it adds.
Long War Features
Long War adds the following elements:
- A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
- Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
- Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
- Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
- Two new weapon tiers, lasers and coilguns
- Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
- ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your moves
Enthusiastic modders should find plenty to like in the new mod. Full instructions on how to implement the mod can be found on the workshop page. If you’re planning to install the mod be sure to let us know what you think!
Visit the XCOM 2 Wiki
More on XCOM 2