Microsoft have announced that the latest Xbox One software update is releasing to alpha testing.
Xbox One System Software Update to Add Keyboard and Mouse Support Plus More
The update that will go live in November is set to bring keyboard and mouse support, letting developers add features to their games that include PC accessories as an option. This feature will be up to the developer to decide whether they wish to add such features, so if the game doesn’t have support for keyboard/mouse then you will not be able to use them. The first game to get included in the test will be the free-to-play Warframe, which is set to be tested “in the coming weeks”.
The following fixes will be supported with the update:
My Games and Apps
- Fixed navigation issues in My Games and Apps that caused some users not able to select certain tiles in their collection.
- We have fixed the issue users were experiencing with the crashing of games or the Youtube app when you are either launching or resuming the Youtube app and switching between games and the app.
- System Memory and Performance fixes in this build to help with system and spatial audio performance.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
- The volume up and down is not functioning when using the media remote. Workaround – Use your TV remote or voice controls.
My Games and Apps
- We are tracking an issue in which game and app updates are not automatically downloading and installing.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Predictive text in not working in the Virtual Keyboard.
So far these are the details that have been revealed for their preview update available for those who are a part of the Preview program, the full update will be released in November.
If you want more Microsoft news you can find it here in Rumour: Microsoft Are In The Process Of Acquiring Obsidian and Microsoft Reveals Project XCloud Game Streaming Service Trials Starting 2019. For a rundown of the latest news find it here in Top RPG News Of The Week: October 14th 2018 (Darksiders 3, RDR2, Playstation Now And More!).