World of Warcraft Classic’s next iconic expansion Burning Crusade gets official launch date of June 1st.
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic Launches June 1st
Blizzard has announced the Burning Crusade for World of Warcraft Classic will be releasing on June 1st. The original WoW expansion will be getting a few tweaks here and there. The Burning Crusade Classic is a recreation of WoW’s first expansion, featuring Outland related content, all with a more or less original experience of leveling and gearing.
This time Blizzard aims to alter the experience with “some changes” to make Burning Crusade a more longterm playable option according to lead software engineer Brian Birmingham. These include improving matchmaking for the new Arena mode, which has 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 PVP competitive matches. The raids which include Tempest Keep and Sunwell Plateau will also be designed with a little more challenge.
Ultimately Blizzard was going to release WoW Classic with “no changes” which was requested by a lot of the community, however in reality there were still a lot of bugs that existed in the original expansion as well as balancing issues.
The changes to Burning Crusade also mean a better experience for all as it will now be able to handle more players in a single area, plus provide a smoother experience when it comes to player’s spell batching.
The expansion Burning Crusade Classic like the release of World of Warcraft Classic will be part of the monthly WoW subscription which allows you to play retail WoW and Classic. However for those who wish to continue to progress in Burning Crusade Classic with their current Classic character, there will be a character cloning fee of $35. This means you can keep your current character in Classic, progress in Burning Crusade or participate in both.
Pre-patch rolls out May 18th, which is when players will need to make a choice whether to keep their character on Classic servers which stays with the level cap of 60, or move to the new servers for Burning Crusade Classic.
Dark Portal Pass and Burning Crusade Classic Digital Deluxe Edition
There is also the option to purchase a Dark Portal Pass for $39.99, available on May 18th which includes one character boost to level 58, but this cannot be used on Blood Elf or Draenei characters according to the Activision press release. Boosted characters will also receive apprentice riding skill, race-specific mount, weapon skills up to level 58, access to certain flight paths, a set of level 58 magic quality gear, up to four Runecloth Bags (with 14 slots each) and some gold.
Also announced was the Burning Crusade Classic Deluxe Edition which will include a character boost, a Phase-Hunter mount with both retail and Classic designs, a special hearthstone and Path of Illidan toy.
For the description of the official features of Burning Crusade Classic you can find them below:
- The Shattered Realm of Outland: Traverse the treacherous crags and spires of Blade’s Edge Mountains, where even dragons fear to roam; hunt alongside the uncorrupted Mag’har orcs among the floating islands of Nagrand; battle demonic agents of the Legion in the shadow of the Black Temple; and much more.
- Two New Playable Races: Fight for the Horde as the blood elves, seeking a new source of the arcane power that once sustained them, or join the Alliance as the draenei, exiles from Outland in search of a new home.
- Gather at the Arena Gates: Assemble your most trusted allies and prove your PvP prowess in 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 combat in Arenas such as the Ring of Trials and the Circle of Blood.
- Take Wing on Flying Mounts: Take flight in the chaotic skies of Netherstorm and soar over fel-touched Shadowmoon Valley with the introduction of flying mounts in Outland.
- Master Challenging Raids and Dungeons: Conquer 5-player dungeons set in the crystalline fortress of Tempest Keep and the Caverns of Time, where heroes bear witness to Azeroth’s past. Raid the haunted halls of 10-player Karazhan, and gear up over time for a climactic confrontation against Kil’jaeden in 25-player Sunwell Plateau.
- New Options for Heroes: Carve gems of power to socket into players’ gear with the Jewelcrafting profession; choose between the Aldor or Scryer factions in Shattrath and earn their unique rewards; create a paladin on the Horde or a shaman on the Alliance; and more.
Burning Crusade Classic Global Release Times
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic will be launching on June 1st 3PM PDT/6PM EDT. You can find the time according to your timezone below.
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic launches on June 1st on PC at 3:00 PM PDT.
For more news be sure to check out next E3 2021 Lineup Announced Including Bandai Namco, Square Enix, And More and The Original Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance Re-Releases In 4K For Consoles This Week.
Log in to leave a Comment