Witches Festival Details and Rewards
Those crafty witches are at it again as the Witches Festival makes it’s return to The Elder Scrolls Online. Not only will you receive bonus XP for taking part, there are some rewards not to be missed out on! Don’t forget this is the first event that can earn your an Indrik Feather to put together gaining an Nascent Indrik mount.
Unleash Your Inner Monster to Earn Bonus XP
What: Witches Festival
When: Thursday 18th Oct 2018, 10:00 AM EDT until Thursday 1st Nov 2018 10:00 AM EDT
- Acquire the “Crow Caller” item from the Crown Store, under the Holiday section
- Complete the quest The Witchmother’s Bargain and receive the Witchmother’s Whistle memento (if you have previously completed this quest, you will not need to repeat it, just locate the memento in your Collections menu”.
- Using the whistle, summon the Witchmother’s Cauldron – grants your party two-hour 100 XP buff that will stack with all other XP bonuses.
- Using the Witchmother’s Cauldron turns you into the undead! Effects aren’t permanent (cauldron is not needed to earn XP buff).
Your efforts to join the Witches Festival will not go unrewarded, there are some spooky themed loot to earn during the event. All boss monsters will drop Plunder Skull containers, these will contain different items.
Note: You do not need the XP buff or polymorph active to earn these witchy rewards but you can to do it in ghoulish style.
Plunder Skull Containers
You will have a chance to get your hands on the following items from these creepy containers:
- Hollowjack Motif Pages or Books
- Pieces of the new Apple-Bobbing Cauldron memento
- Combine all seven to receive a runebox that contains this unique holiday-themed memento
- A Runebox containing one of these masks:
- Witches Festival-themed recipes which include:
- Recipe: Sweet Sanguine Apples (Green)
- Recipe: Crisp and Crunchy Pumpkin Snack Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Crunchy Spider Skewer (Blue)
- Recipe: Ghasty Eye-Bowl (Blue)
- Recipe: Bowl of “Peeled Eyeballs” (Blue)
- Recipe: Frosted Brains (Blue)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Potent Brew (Purple)
- Recipe: Witchmother’s Party Punch (Purple)
- Furniture and furniture recipes
- Hollowjack and Dremora Style Materials
- Bewitching Alchemy reagents
- …and an assortment of creepy items!
Dremora Plunder Skulls
A new kind of skull will be available this Witches Festival, the Dremora Plunder Skulls. These newly rewarded items will be the first Plunder Skull drop you’ll receive for each type of boss daily. While these will contain the same items found in regular plunder skulls, you are guaranteed to gain a new Dremora Motif page depending on the boss you conquer. Dremora Motifs are tradeable, so you don’t get the one you want you can always swap with someone else.
- Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
- Dark Anchor and Geyser Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
- Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
- Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
- Public Dungeon and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
- Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
- World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
Players can earn up to seven Dremora Plunder Skulls per day. Defeat the same boss twice and receive a regular Plunder Skull on the second round.
Crown Store Items
If you’ve been looking for some creepy items to add to your collection, look no further than the new Death Mask Sabre Cat mount and the Sinister Hollowjack Items furnishing pack now available in the Crown Store:
You also pick yourself up a house fit for any witches’ coven, the Exorcised Coven Cottage will make any home owner proud in this eerie setting.
The Witches Festival begins on Thursday, October 18 at 10:00AM EDT and will end on Thursday, November 1 at 10:00AM EDT.
If you want more The Elder Scrolls Online be sure to read about all the End of Year Events as they will help you in gaining your very own Indrik Mount. To know when the next DLC launches read about it here in ESO: Murkmire Dates Announced For All Platforms. Don’t forget to check out our ESO Guides and the Elder Scrolls Online wiki for all your adventurer needs.