Last updated on September 18th, 2020
The Castlevania inspired 2D platformer Vigil: The Longest Night is releasing this October 14th on PC and Switch.
Vigil: The Longest Night Releases on October 14th
The indie title Vigil: The Longest Night by Glass Heart Games is finally releasing this October 14th for PC and Switch. The title which is inspired by all things dark, such as the eldritch horror tale and Castlevania, adds technical combat with an intriguing narrative.
If you’re a fan of Salt and Sanctuary we think you’ll like this 2D platformer, as holds similarities to this game, but has it’s own flavour of playstyle and combat, in it’s own nightmarish world. The story follows Leila on her quests to defend her hometown against the infiltrating evil that has cropped up in the countryside. Explore the world that combines dreams (or rather nightmares) and reality.
For the official key features check them out below:
- Experiment with four types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play.
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture.
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting.
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks.
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness.
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
- Multiple endings to unravel.
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular band Whispered.
Playing the beta earlier this year, it showed a lot of promised in terms of an explorable world, with some interesting storyline to go with it. There are also some formidable bosses with some fun and menacing mechanics. I’m a big fan of the dark storybook graphics, as well as the imaginative creepy and strange monsters to fight.
Check out the launch announcement trailer below:
Vigil: The Longest Night will release on October 14th on PC and Switch.
For more news be sure to read next Godfall Combat Trailer Released and Playstation 5 Showcase Announced For September 16th.