Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a tactical role-playing game both developed and published by Sega. In this guide I’ll be sharing where to obtain these Decorations aka Medals as well as what you will need to attain them.
Valkyria Chronicles 4: Decorations Guide
Decorations can be found throughout Valkyria Chronicles 4 but will need you to carry out certain requirements in order to obtain them. By gaining all decorations you can receive the achievement “War Hero” which is part of the Valkyria Chronicles 4 Trophy Guide.
Krest Service Medal
Given to participants in the battle to capture Fort Krest. Its famously fortified gates adorn the front of this commemorative medal.
- Will be awarded once Chapter 1 is completed and players start Chapter 2.
Siegval Service Medal
Given to participants in the Battle of Siegval. A depiction of the cliff and its embedded pillboxes adorns this commemorative medal.
- Will be awarded once Chapter 4 is completed and players start Chapter 5.
The Blue Rose
Given for aiding the Resistance in Loweholm. Awarded by the Blue Rose, it is appropriately engraved with a beautiful triad of azure flowers.
- Will be awarded once Chapter 13 is completed and players start Chapter 14.
Federation Star of Valor
Given to the officer who contributed most to Operation Cygnus’ success. In acknowledgement of its namesake, Cygnus, this medal is star-shaped.
- Awarded once Chapter 18 is completed.
Honorary Medal of Valor
Given to a soldier who swayed the tides of battle by defeating an elite officer of the opposing army in combat.
- Awarded after players kill their first enemy Ace
Bronze Medal of Honor
Given to those who have defeated 250 enemies. Recipients of this award earn the respect of their peers, and a place among legendary soldiers.
- Defeat 250 enemies.
Silver Medal of Honor
Given to those who have defeated 500 enemies. It’s a rank higher than the Bronze Medal of Honor, and can be awarded multiple times.
- Defeat 500 enemies.
Gold Medal of Honor
Given to those who have defeated 1000 enemies. It is the highest medal of honor one can receive. The V design represents Valor.
- Defeat 1000 enemies.
Combat Medic Medal
Given to those who have performed rescues at great personal risk during battle. A depiction of the medic’s symbol adorns this medal.
- Rescue a squadmate in critical condition.
Given to animals that have performed exceptionally on the battlefield. By definition, a human can never receive this award.
- Have Rags rescue fallen units 3* times (While I am certain 1 time is not enough, the exact numbers of attempts is more than this. Looking back through my previous videos it took 3.)
- Players must save fallen units at least 3 times with Ragnarok. Best way to unlock this is to boot up a mission that players can do easily and let your units die as you send someone (a scout) to save them. Depending on your playstyle this medal ranges from easy to difficult without intentionally needing to farm for it.
Order of the Golden Wings
Presented to a squad that has reached exceptional levels of skill across all of the soldierly disciplines.
- Train all soldier classes to level 30.
Excellence in Leadership
Given to an officer who has demonstrated remarkable skill as a leader through mastery of the art of command.
- Awarded once players have learned all orders. Always check the Mess Hall during each Chapter.
Excellence in Armament
Presented to a squad that contributed greatly to the development of armament design through their hard work and extensive knowledge.
- Obtain all weapons in the game including the Federation Reward weapons and the enemy Ace weapons.
Excellence in Technology
Presented to a squad that has contributed greatly to the improvement of tanks through their hard work and extensive knowledge.
- Obtain all tank parts, including parts from enemy Aces.
Excellence in Teamwork
Presented to a squad that has demonstrated unparalleled skill and teamwork. Each medal has a unique design for the squad it is awarded to.
- Fully complete every squadmate Personnel Profile by promoting them to Corporal.
Eastern Theater Service Medal
Given to participants of Operation Northern Cross and Operation Cygnus – those who battled across the Eastern Theater until the campaign’s end.
- Unlocks once all Story Battles are completed and viewing all cut scenes.
Meritorious Service Medal
Presented by the Federation to those who have contributed greatly to victory in battle. The Federation flag design adorns this award.
- Complete your first A-Rank mission. Possibly complete your first mission in a single turn.
Distinguished Service Medal
Presented by the Federation to those who have displayed exceptional skill and valor. Recipients of this award are considered the best of their battalion.
- Complete all missions.
Peerless Service Medal
The Federation’s most prestigious award. Given to the greatest heroes of the Federation – those whose efforts shaped the course of EWII itself.
- Complete all missions with an A rank.
Federate Medal of Honor*
Given to those who exhibit exemplary service in crucial operations. Awarded only once for any given mission, it is known to be a rare award indeed.
- Awarded to Raz after Chapter 16 is completed.
- This does not show up on the Medal List.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 was released on September 25th for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. There is also a beta for those unsure and wish to try out the game.
We will be adding more guides for Valkyria Chronicles 4 be sure to keep a look out in our guides section. Check out the first chapter in our Valkyria Chronicles 4 Prologue Guide. You can also nab yourself all of the achievements by following our Trophy Guide!