For those many fans of the action/adventure Uncharted series (of which this site has more than a few!), the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta is now live for PS4 players and runs through December 13th, as announced today on the Playstation Blog. These betas have traditionally been a blast in past entries in the series and you should expect the same for this one. Getting into the beta requires a Playstation Plus subscription and a copy (physical/digital) of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection which was released earlier this year to rave reviews.
If you’re one of the owners of the collection, follow these steps to access the beta:
- Insert the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection game disc into the PlayStation 4
- Highlight the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection game icon
- Select ‘Overview’
- Select the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta Tile and press the X button to begin your download from the PlayStation Store
Sony has also teased some new multiplayer gameplay elements in the announcement called Mysticals and Sidekicks.
Mysticals are loadout items which call upon the supernatural forces encountered during the series’ history, which is a great way of tying in some easter eggs from long time fans of the franchise. The 5 available in the beta will be:
- Wrath of El Dorado – When thrown, the El Dorado sarcophagus from Uncharted 1 appears to unleash spirits that track down the enemies near where it is placed, and damage them.
- Spirit of Djinn – The Djinn magic from Uncharted 3 imbues the player with the ability to teleport short distances, but they won’t be able to take cover.
- Cintamani Stone – Activating this mystical from Uncharted 2 revives Downed allies within its area of effect to full health instantly.
- Staff of Ayar Manco – This staff, from the Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth novel, casts a magical force across an entire map revealing where the opposing team is located. It will also show up on the mini-map and can be destroyed.
- Indra’s Eternity – From the Uncharted: Eye of Indra motion comic, this Mystical slows down any enemy that enters its visible area of effect.
Sidekicks are NPC allies which provide support skills and earn you cash as you play. The available beta sidekicks will be the following:
- Sniper – defends a location with a sniper rifle to take out members of the opposing team
- Savior – field medic who will revive Downed players, hand out ammo and help your team replenish their Gear faster
- Hunter – when called in, hunts down the nearest enemy and puts them into a hold for the player to KO them
- Brute – heavily armored with a lot of fire power but slow moving
Players will be given 25 loadout points with which to create their players and can customize them further through in game and in match stores. Players can earn different currencies to unlock what they want by completing challenges and game objectives. The beta gameplay itself will feature just the Team Deathmatch mode across 2 maps.
Uncharted is one of the few transcendent game experiences that attracts fans of every game genre. Whether you’re into shooters, rpg’s, or hack and slash, the Uncharted games have shown a knack for entertaining all tastes by bringing an Indiana Jones styled cinematic experience to consoles. With Uncharted 4 expected next year in its first iteration for the current gen, fans are enthused to see what Naughty Dog has in store for us.
Visit the Fextralife Wiki Network