Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls Remastered
- Just a few days ago Nintendo released the first gameplay footage of Dark Souls Remastered for the Nintendo Switch, which is available for viewing on our YouTube channel. Many players are concerned the the other versions of the game (Xbox One and Playstation 4), will look similar, which isn’t all that great from all appearances.
- From Software also announced that there will be a network test for the game in our near future stating the following:
We will be carrying out a Network Test for DARK SOULS REMASTERED on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Please stay tuned for the schedule and details on how to take part. We hope to get as many people on board as possible.
- Nintendo Switch owners can rejoice, as the mighty Solaire of Astora will be joining the Amiibo gang. Scanning Solaire will allow players to perform the iconic “Praise The Sun emote” that is well known throughout the Dark Souls community. The Amiibo will cost USD 12 and be available on May 25 just like Dark Souls Remastered. Make sure to reserve your copy when they become available on the Nintendo Amiibo site or at a retailer near you.
Monster Hunter World
- Iron Galaxy – the developer who successfully ported Skyrim to the Nintendo Switch – has offered to do the same for Monster Hunter World. On Twitter, their CEO Adam Boyes tweeted to the Monster Hunter team that he’s aware of how challenging it’d be to port Monster Hunter World to Switch. He offered to lend his studio’s expertise to the publisher in order to make it happen, saying the following:
Dear @monsterhunter team at Capcom – we understand that porting the game to Nintendo Switch is challenging (https://kotaku.com/bringing-monster-hunter-world-to-nintendo-switch-is-d-1822988009 …) but this is exactly what @IToTheG does. Give us a shot & we won’t let you down ;)” – Adam Boyes, via Twitter.
Could we be seeing Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch soon? Only time will tell.
Capcom has released the new week of quests for Monster Hunter World, which will last until next Thursday evening. These quests include:
“A Simple Task”
- 9 ★ located in the Ancient Forest
- Players must be HR 30 or higher
- Player must deliver 10 Gourmet Shroomcaps
“Triple Threat Showdown”
- 6 ★ located in the Special Arena
- Players must be HR 13 or higher
- Players must hunt a Dodogama, a Great Jargas, and a Great Girros.
“A Flash in the Pan”
“Challenge Quest 1: Expert”
- 9 ★ located in the Arena
- Players must be HR 15 or higher
- Players must hunt a Bazelgeuse and a Uragaan.
The Division 2
- Ubisoft announced this past week that The Division 2 is officially in the works and we will get to see more of it at E3 this June. As The Division was the fastest selling new IP in history, it’s no surprise that a sequel is happening and we look forward to learning more about it. Hopefully it’s better than the original…
- The Division 2 will be developed using an updated version of the Snowdrop engine, which its predecessor currently runs on.
- Immortal Unchained, the sci-fi Souls-Like shooter from Toadman Interactive, hosted its first Alpha this past week, and players were lining up to play the game. If you have not yet had a chance to check it out, it runs through the 12th, so you have a couple more days. You can create an account and post in the thread here if you would like a code.
- Players generally like the “Souls-Likeness” of the game and its unique take with the addition of guns, however, there are some complaints regarding the combat and environments, which was provided to Toadman as part of the feedback.
What did you think of the Alpha? What would you change? Make sure you let Toadman know here.
- It looks like Blizzard is developing a mobile RPG. This news came via a job advertisement that Blizzard posted, looking for a Tools Engineer for an Unannounced Project, which is a mobile game of some sort.
- Could it be a spin-off of one of their core game franchises, such as Diablo? Or will it be an entirely new property? Right now details are predictably rather vague, but we’ll keep you posted with details when we learn more.
Ni No Kuni II
- One of the biggest RPG releases this month is Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, which comes out on March 23rd, has now gone gold. To celebrate, Bandai Namco has released a new featurette.
- The new Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom featurette is called Ni No Kuni 2: Building the Kingdom. It includes new gameplay footage and also developer interviews. You can watch the featurette below.
- Square Enix has recently trademarked “Idol Fantasy“. Could this be the Final Fantasy karaoke game you’ve always dreamed of?
- As of yet, we can only guess as to what kind of a game Idol Fantasy might be. Could it be a story-heavy dancing and singing game, like Persona 5: Dancing Star Night? Or could it be another rhythm action title for 3DS and other mobile devices, such as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy?
Harry Potter: Mystery RPG
- A new gameplay trailer has been released for Jam City‘s upcoming Harry Potter RPG: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was announced towards the end of 2017. It is going to be published by Portkey Games for Android and iOS devices later this year. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery appears to be a narrative-driven RPG, casting players as Hogwarts students. The story is set in the world of J.K. Rowling’s novel series but before the events of the books occurred.
- No precise release date has been set yet for the game but fans looking for more news about Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery can pre-register on Google Play to receive updates.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. I miss you already. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: