Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Surge 2
- The latest trailer from developer Deck 13 and publisher Focus Home Interactive spotlights The Surge 2’s loadout system which means using enemy limbs as part of your own exo-rig.
- The latest trailer shows some of the gear customisation players will acquire from combat with upcoming action-RPG The Surge 2. Like its prequel, you will be able to slice off limbs of your foes and claim it as your own, improving your gear as you go.
- This way players will gain new armor and even crafting schematics which can be crafted at the med bay. You can even take their weapons by performing a deadly blow by zeroing in on that body part.
- There is plenty of choice for armor and even some original ones from The Surge meaning a number customisation choices. Get bonuses from using gear sets which includes partial and full bonuses. See something you like? Dismember your enemy and take it for yourself!
- The Surge 2 will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 24th and is currently available to pre-order.
To read more about this news find it here in The Surge 2 Trailer ‘You Are What You Kill’.
Remnant From the Ashes
- Developer Gunfire Games and publisher Perfect World Entertainment have announced that their co-op souls-inspired title Remnant From the Ashes will receive updates which include new adventure mode and new dungeon.
- The Adventure Mode arrived with an update on September 12th and adds a “new layer of exploration”. The mode will allow players to “re-roll” for the areas Ruined Earth, Rhom and Yaesha without having to go through all of the main campaign.
- The new update will introduce a brand new dungeon called Leto’s Lab which will arrive on September 19th. Here players will quest through the Research Station Alpha.
- Remnant From the Ashes is currently available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this news find it here in Remnant: From The Ashes Will Add ‘Adventure Mode’ Plus New Dungeon This September.
Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Nintendo has announced an update for Fire Emblem Three Houses which adds new “Maddening Mode” as part of the free update.
- Maddening Mode sets to bring players more challenges to Fire Emblem Three Houses. This came with a free update, and if you manage to complete this mode without carrying over your previous cleared save data, the title screen will also change.
- There is also Wave 2 of the Expansion Pass DLC which adds five additional Auxiliary Battles which includes Battle at Lake Teutates, Battle in the Forest, Battle at Gronder Field, Battle at the Sealed Forest, and Battle at Conand Tower as well as new battle music.
- Fire Emblem series Director Genki Yokota previously shared that the Expansion Pass will only contain side-stories and will not effect the main story, so its ideal for those who want a bit more narrative.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses is exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this news find it here in Fire Emblem Three Houses Gains Maddening Mode In Free Update.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne will be receiving its first major update on October 10th. Previously Capcom revealed that the monster Rajang would be the first to join Iceborne in a post-launch update.
- Described as “an ultra-aggressive creature that few have a chance of surviving against” Capcom also shared “sports powerful arms that pack a punch, and turns gold when angry.”
- Rajang a Fanged Beast type monster which was first introduced in Monster Hunter 2, will be joining Monster Hunter World Iceborne. This will be part of a free title update in October.
- Monster Hunter World is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and the Monster Hunter World Iceborne expansion is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a PC release, releasing in January 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne First Major Update Launches October 10th.
Star Ocean First Departure R
- Star Ocean: First Departure R has been announced to being coming to Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch for the west this December 5th. It will be available digitally for $20.99.
- The story follows Roddick who lives pretty much in an uneventful town of Kratus on the planet of Roak. But things take a turn when Roddick learns about a mysterious disease that is now plaguing nearby towns, turning those who are inflicted to stone. Together with his two friends Millie and Dorne, Roddick sets off for adventure and a cure for the disease that lets people live in a petrified state.
- Star Ocean will come with some new features as it is a remastered version of the original western PSP version. This includes full voiceovers, with a choice of Japanese or English VO, new character illustrations, speed mode and an adjusted game balance. The gameplay is hack ‘n’ slash in nature and has plenty of special abilities to master.
To read more about this news find it here in Star Ocean: First Departure R Launches December 5th In The West.
- At the Tokyo Game Show 2019, Nioh 2 got a a new trailer as well as a release window. Nioh 2 will be launching in early 2020. The trailer shows more of the Dark Realm and more foes players will face on their samurai adventures.
- We also get to see a new location of Nioh 2 called The Village of Cursed Blossoms, this is the opening level for the title. As the name suggests while beautiful in nature there are many dangers to encounter. In an article by Playstation Blog, Team Ninja director Tom Lee shared that the developers wanted to create a level covered in cherry blossoms, which is where their inspiration for this new area came from.
- He also talks about the Yokai, “an essential cornerstone of this franchise”, not only choosing the well-known or popular but going deeper into picking “each creature based on their unique characteristics”. This way they were able to keep players engaged in a variation of content, supplying plenty of challenges.
- At TGS 2019, attendees can try out the latest demo which features the deadly saw-like wielding Yokai called Mezuki. In the Dark Realm Mezuki will be even more challenging and powerful.
- Nioh 2 will release on Playstation 4 in early 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in Nioh 2 Launches In 2020 Plus TGS 2019 Trailer.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Square Enix reveal a new trailer at the Tokyo Game Show 2019 showing more of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. The trailer lets us get a first look at Turks agents which include Reno, Rude and Tseng.
- It also previews mini-games and a new character Don Corneo who rumour has it is voiced by Mark Hamill but there’s been no confirmation on that yet.
- The game looks to be shaping up pretty well, and graphics look amazing. We look forward to seeing how this one turns out. What was your favourite part of the trailer? Let us know in the comments below.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake will release on Playstation 4 on March 3rd 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in Final Fantasy VII Remake TGS 2019 Trailer.
The Game Awards
- In a post on his official Twitter account, Geoff Keighley announced that The Game Awards 2019 will take place on December 12th 2019. The post also shares that tickets are now on sale.
- Last year TGA managed to gain over 26 million live streams, with 1.13 million concurrent views on Twitch alone. There was also an increase in interactivity with views voting 50% more than in 2017. According to engadget this year the award ceremony will live stream on more than 45 services worldwide.
- What are we hoping to see TGA 2019? Hopefully some more information about the open-word title Elden Ring which has not been seen at a number of gaming events this year. The FromSoftware title is highly anticipated as it collaborates with Song of Fire and Ice author George R.R. Martin who is behind the lore of game. You can find out Everything We Know About Elden Ring in our video.
- The Game Awards 2019 will take place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on December 12th.
To read more about this news find it here in The Game Awards 2019 Announced For December 12th.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax have announced some details about the Elder Scrolls Online Update 24, Dragonhold. This is the last and final instalment of The Season of the Dragon.
- The Dragonhold DLC will be arriving alongside Update 24, as The Season of the Dragon gets its finale, there are also some new additions coming. The Elder Scrolls Online DLC introduces a new zone to explore, new main questlines, new mechanics and some more challenges to best.
- Update 24 is a free game update and it is part one of the previously announced performance improvements this includes memory management overhaul, Looking for Group system updates and improved combat response.
- If you’re eager to see some of the additions, you can access the Public Test Server on PC come Monday 16th September. Be sure to drop by our Elder Scrolls Online wiki for all the latest info.
To read more about this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Dragonhold & Update 24 Preview.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: