Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- New screenshots have been unveiled by Bandai Namco showing a new Spa based facility in Code Vein meant to help heal exhausted revenants with rejuvenating hot springs.
- But this place is not only used for a quick soak, players can explore past memories and review important terminology according to an article by Gematsu.
- This isn’t the only new unveiling, Bandai Namco has also shared more on the Blood Code called “Prometheus“. This Blood Code is tied with the co-op companion Louis, through which players will be able to gain this code. The blood code “holds his will”.and players will receive a code which is “well-balanced for combat” but it will also be slightly fragile. The Gifts for this one will include bolster, dodging and parrying.
- Code Vein will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 27th.
For more on this news find it here in Code Vein New Details Include Spa And Prometheus Blood Code.
The Outer Worlds
- New trailer for The Outer Worlds shows off life as part of the Halcyon colony, including a look at Terra 2 and more.
- The latest trailer shows an advert styled trailer for the Halcyon colony, showing day to day life for the communities that live on Terra 2. It also shows some of the dangers on Monarch, the strange wildlife, weapons and some colourful characters you will meet.
- The title while providing an open-world experience will be based on two Planets, in the Halcyon colony. The game also offers character creation, customisation, combat including it’s own version of the Fallout VATS system. It will also have a lot of “player choice and consequence” according to the new trailer.
For more on this news find it here in New The Outer Worlds Trailer Features Halcyon.
Rumour: Project Awakening Demo
- A recent post by Twitter user Renka_schedule has shared developer Cygames could be revealing a demo for the long awaited Project Awakening soon.
- It has been a while since we have seen more than screenshots and a trailer for the action-RPG Project Awakening.
- We also were fortunate enough to have an interview with developer Cygames about Project Awakening. When we caught up with the producer Kenichiro Takaki during E3 2019 this year, he revealed it to be a high fantasy title with a scope similar to that of Skyrim. But many details had been deemed undecided and he had said the title would mostly likely be released “probably next year”.
- A recent tweet by the Twitter account Renka_schedule has highlighted the news that Cygames has registered with Europe PEGI which includes details that some sort of demo is on the horizon.
- It was earlier this year when Cygames registered the trademark “Project Awakening: Arise” in Europe, which led us to believe it was for a possible demo.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Project Awakening Is Getting A Playable Demo.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- Capcom announced that Rajang will be added to Monster Hunter World Iceborne as part of a free update in October.
- Rajang a Fanged Beast type monster which was first introduced in Monster Hunter 2, will be joining Monster Hunter World Iceborne. This will be part of a free title update in October according to Capcom.
- A new trailer has been released featuring the ferocious Rajang and his terrible temper. He lets out a final roar towards the end of the short teaser, with the release window of October 2019 announcing his arrival.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne released on September 6th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One with PC arriving in January 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne To Add Rajang In Free Update This October.
- CD Projekt Red up until this week has not concretely confirmed plans for multiplayer but have said it was at the R&D stage. However, in a post on on Twitter this week, they announced the confirmation for multiplayer.
- They also have shared that DLCs will also be released following the release of the title in April, that will include free single player content. Once they have finished developing that content, they will launch multiplayer.
- The tweet also shared they are starting to recruit people for multiplayer development. Previously, senior concept artist Marthe Jonkers shared that multiplayer would be implemented only if “everything fits together”. From this announcement, it looks like that this function fits into their vision of the game.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on April 16th 2020.
For more on this news find it here in CD Projekt Red Confirms Multiplayer For Cyberpunk 2077.
- Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Spiders has released a gameplay walkthrough video that spans 14 minutes, showing off the action-RPG GreedFall.
- So far we have seen a few different videos from GreedFall developer Spiders, who shared a gameplay overview previewing some of the in-game choices, character customisation and even combat styles.
- But now they release 14 minutes of gameplay, giving fans a more in-depth look into what they can expect from the mystical RPG.
- The video highlights some of environments including the wilderness, where a host of strange creatures lurk, and come out at night. There will be a fair few ways to tackle them whether it be through magic, alchemy, firearms or another skill. There is quite a bit of flexibility in playstyle from what is shown.
- You can also set up camp, with a workbench to help craft customisable equipment upgrades, switching out parts to help improve your gear’s stats and fashion. Spending time at a campsite will also grant opportunities to get to know your companions a little better, as this RPG will require you to put your life in their hands as part of your party.
- GreedFall releases on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 10th.
For more on this news find it here in GreedFall Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer.
Divinity Original Sin II
- The latest Nintendo Direct came with a few surprises this week, one being the immediate release of Divinity Original Sin II on the Switch. One amazing detail is that you can use the cloud-saves from your Steam account with the Switch, meaning if you’ve started a playthrough on your PC, you can switch over to your Switch and continue playing.
- Divinity Original Sin II is a turn-based RPG with plenty to offer including an intriguing world and a number of unique characters. Choose your character’s race and origin which has a choice of 6 preset options.
- Or you can create your very own custom builds with a choice of Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf or Undead and number of classes to take on. The title also includes over 200 skills to master and devious AI to best.
- Divinity Original Sin II – Definitive Edition released this week on the Nintendo Switch for $49.99 via the Switch eShop and is currently available on Steam for $26.99.
For more on this news find it here in Divinity Original Sin II – Definitive Edition Releases On Switch Today With Shared Cloud-Saves With Steam.
- Nintendo and Monolith Soft revealed that the open-world JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition would be coming to the Switch next year 2020.
- The Nintendo Direct revealed the first game in the Xenoblade series Xenoblade Chronicles will be coming to the Switch in 2020. It was originally released on the Wii and later re-released on the 3DS, but this version will be a HD remaster of the title.
- There could also be some new additions as well but these have not yet been revealed.
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will be releasing on the Nintendo Switch in 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition Coming To Switch 2020.
- Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Airship Syndicate releases a new trailer for the action-RPG title Darksiders Genesis, this time introducing War.
- The latest trailer features the character War, the Rider of the Red Horse and member of the Four Horseman. He is also a playable character in Darksiders Genesis, it will be up to you to play as War or his brother Strife in co-op mode. He uses melee combat, swinging a sword in one hand and a gauntlet in the other.
- War while the the youngest of the horseman, makes up for age, with his experience on the battleground. Encountering numerous foes using his weapon Chaoseater. He will ride into battle with his faithful steed Ruin.
- Darksiders Genesis will be launching on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia releasing this year 2019.
For more on this news find it here in Darksiders Genesis Trailer “Introducing War”.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: