Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Divinity Original Sin Godwoken Graphic Novel
- A graphic novel for Larian Studios’ Divinity Original Sin universe is underway called Godwoken. It follows the adventures of Rivellon’s godwoken characters Ifan, Lohse, Red Prince, Sebille, Fane and Beast. It features all new tales following who they were before they joined the Divine Order or even before the Hall of Echoes.
- The graphic novel covering the origin’s stories features 300+ full-colour pages, in “never-before seen areas of Rivellon”. There are two editions available for pre-order, the graphic novel priced at $29.99 and the collector’s edition priced at $59.99.
- Both editions can be found on the Larian shop website and should be delivered by the end of November according to official Larian Twitter.
For more on this news find it here in Divinity: Original Sin – Godwoken Graphic Novel Available For Pre-Order.
Vigil: The Longest Night
- The indie title Vigil: The Longest Night by Glass Heart Games is finally releasing this October 14th for PC and Switch. The title which is inspired by all things dark, such as the eldritch horror tale and Castlevania, adds technical combat with an intriguing narrative.
- If you’re a fan of Salt and Sanctuary we think you’ll like this 2D platformer, as holds similarities to this game, but has it’s own flavour of playstyle and combat, in it’s own nightmarish world. The story follows Leila on her quests to defend her hometown against the infiltrating evil that has cropped up in the countryside. Explore the world that combines dreams (or rather nightmares) and reality.
- Playing the beta earlier this year, it showed a lot of promise in terms of an explorable world, with some interesting storyline to go with it. There are also some formidable bosses with some fun and menacing mechanics.
- Vigil: The Longest Night will release on October 14th on PC and Switch.
For more on this news find it here in Vigil: The Longest Night A 2D Platformer Launches Early 2020.
Conan Exiles Isle of Siptah
- The latest expansion for Conan Exiles called Isle of Siptah has now launched on Steam Early Access adding a massive new map, dungeons and some new features to the survival game. The expansion will fully launch in early 2021 for PC, Playstation and Xbox.
- Those who purchase on PC while it’s in early access will gain a discount plus a limited edition War-torn Rhino mount skin, new mounts and building pieces that can be used in both the base game and expansion. Purchasing the PC base game will gain a 65% discount before September 21st.
- The expansion is set on a strange island where tropical storms rage as much as the sorcery. The events that are taking place are all caused by the sorcerer Siptah, who’s secrets players will discover for themselves as they venture the island’s many underground mysteries.
- Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah is available on Steam for Early Access for $19.99.
For more on this news find it here in
- Demon’s Souls has been officially confirmed to be releasing alongside Sony’s PS5 which was this week to be launching on November 12th and will be priced at $69.99. This comes as no big shock since it was already predicted Demon’s Souls could be a potential launch title but this is great news for fans.
- What’s also interesting is that Sony has now confirmed that Demon’s Souls won’t be coming to PC or any other console, as it is a PS5 exclusive. This might be a little confusing to those who expected it be coming to PC. According to a report by Kotaku who asked Sony directly, the trailer previously uploaded stating Demon’s Soul would be coming to PC and other platforms was incorrect.
- This will give fans another reason (if not their major reason) to be picking up a PS5, as this title remake has been highly anticipated by fans.
- Demon’s Souls is getting quite the upgrade as Bluepoint has revealed in this new gameplay trailer, with immense new detailed graphics worthy of the PS5 generation.
- In case you missed it we have video up which analyses the new trailer and talks about some interesting new details including new weapon and more.
- Demon’s Souls will be releasing alongside PS5 on November 12th.
For more on this news find it here in Demon’s Souls Announced As PS5 Launch Title; Releases November 12th.
- Sony held their rather eventful PS5 showcase this week, finally unveiling when we’ll be seeing the arrival of the mighty console which previously had only announced a holidays 2020 release window. PS5 will be launching on November 12th for US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.
- It will then launch worldwide on November 19th. The digital edition which doesn’t come with a disc drive will be priced at $399 and the standard edition at $499.
- This launch date sets PS5 up and ready for the holiday season, which many will now be able to decide with these details whether they’ll be picking up Xbox Series X or PS5. The cheapest console edition Xbox Series S is priced about $100 below PS5’s digital edition. However both top of the line editions seem to cost the same which will make an interesting race for the companies, with Xbox Series X releasing a couple days before on November 10th.
- Which version will you be getting? Which console will you be picking up? Or will you be springing for both consoles Xbox and PS5? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in PS5 Release Date Announced: Price, Launch Date, Pre-Orders.
Final Fantasy XVI
- Announcements were in abundance this week during the PS5 showcase, which also includes the unveiling of Final Fantasy XVI. The producer himself, Naoki Yoshida also shared details on the Playstation Blog giving further details about the upcoming instalment that will launch in 2021.
- The trailer title “Awakening” shows footage both in-game battles and some cutscenes. The trailers a preview of what’s to come, connecting the “legacy of the crystals”. There are also some dark fantasy monsters that pop up in the video, and some formidable foes.
- Yoshida also shares that more details will be released in the run up to the game’s release next year, and there is more news about the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV to come as well.
- Final Fantasy XVI will be releasing on Playstation 5 sometime in 2021.
- Harry Potter fans get excited as an actual Harry Potter RPG has finally been confirmed. Hogwarts Legacy was officially revealed during the Playstation 5 showcase today, it will also be releasing on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S in 2021.
- The premise for the game is players will be able to create their very own wizard/witch who plays as an enrolled student of Hogwarts. The showcase notes that the footage has been captured using PS5, giving a good preview into what we can expect from the game. The game was also confirmed to being developed by Avalanche and being published under Portkey Games.
- Hogwarts Legacy is set in the 1800s, a prequel to the events of the books and will be an open-world game.
- Hogwarts Legacy will release in 2021 on PS5, PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
For more on this news find it here in Hogwarts Legacy A Harry Potter RPG Revealed.
- The developer Gearbox Software made an announcement after the PS5 showcase this week. The epic looter-slasher will be coming to both PS5 and PC on November 12th, the same day as the launch of PS5.
- Godfall is just one of the many third-party titles that are a part of the PS5 launch list, these include Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition. Counterplay and Gearbox have already confirmed that this will be purely a next-gen release, and won’t be cross-gen.
- Godfall is an action combat game that is confirmed to be coming to Playstation 5, said to be a mix of Dark Souls with Monster Hunter World co-op feel. Players can go it alone or team up with up to 3 players in a group. Unlock a number of Valorplates through gameplay, level up your character plus learn new skills.
- Godfall releases on PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store. on November 12th 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Godfall Confirmed As PS5 Launch Title.
Path of Exile Heist
- Grinding Gear Games this week have released Path of Exile: Heist the latest expansion for the free-to-play ARPG. The expansion is now available on PC and Mac, then on September 23rd on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- The Heist expansion which sets to be the developer’s “most ambitious expansion yet”. Heist will bring a new challenge for players, together with a hired crew of some specialised thieves, it will be their job to infiltrate a secure facility to retrieve valuable Artifacts. After gaining your prized loot, you’ll need to quickly escape, and make it to the extraction point, or face losing everything they stole.
- There is also the addition of 13 new active NPCs, which all have rich backstories, advanceable skills as well as equippable and craftable items. There’s a brand new town-like area to explore called The Rogue Harbour, plus a new equipment slot for Trinkets.
- To learn about all the details for Path of Exile: Heist be sure to check out our overview video.
- Path of Exile: Heist is now available on PC/Mac, and will be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One on September 23rd.
For more on this news find it here in Path of Exile: Heist Launches Today.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: