Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- A new cinematic trailer was released during Gamescom for party-based RPG The Waylanders.
- The cinematic released introduces the world of The Waylanders, a classic party-based RPG by Gato Studio, which draws its inspiration from titles such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity. Set in a time of the Celts and the gods. A once peaceful kingdom is now thrown into chaos as warring factions fight for the throne.
- Waylanders sets to bring a multitude of choice for players when to comes to playstyle, as there are 6 basic classes and 30 advanced classes to sink your teeth into.
- The Waylanders is set to release in 2020 on PC.
To read more about this news find it here in: The Waylanders Gets Cinematic Gamescom Trailer.
Xbox Game Pass
- Microsoft are hoping to bring their Xbox Game Pass across platforms according to a recent interview.
- In an interview on Game Reactor with Ben Decker head of gaming services at Xbox, it was shared that Microsoft hope to bring Game Pass to further platforms. He shared “…we would like to see Game Pass on all platforms ultimately and I think that is a long term goal. We don’t have any specific plans today, but we would love to see Game Pass really go everywhere.”
- “Everywhere” sounds pretty far reaching, while the article doesn’t go into detail for exactly which platforms they mean, we could guess that they are including xCloud, which will allow game streaming on various devices including mobile and tablets. There have been rumours before that Xbox Game Pass might be coming to Nintendo Switch, although it seems a little unlikely as Nintendo has their own Online service, and have even tested cloud streaming in Japan.
- Xbox Game Pass came to beta on PC earlier this year, allowing those on PC to pay a monthly subscription to access a library of games.
To read more about this news find it here in: Microsoft Wants To Bring Xbox Game Pass To All Platforms.
Monster Hunter World
- Last week a rumor emerged that Monster Hunter World Iceborne would be dropping another beta before the release. Now there is confirmation from Capcom that there will be one for both Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- If you were hoping the beta rumor was true, rejoice as there is indeed a beta for Monster Hunter World Iceborne expansion is coming to Playstation 4 as early as this weekend. Xbox One players will also be gaining a beta but a little later on September 2nd.
- The Playstation 4 beta takes place from Friday August 30th to 11:59 pm PDT on Sunday, September 1st.
- The Xbox One beta takes place from 12:01am PDT on Monday, September 2nd to 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday, September 4th.
- The beta sessions will cover four quests including the Elder Dragon, Velkhana which players will need to watch out for it’s deadly icy breath.
- As in previous betas, players will get to try out 14 weapon types in any of the four quests and in the training area. These weapons will include brand new features coming with Iceborne, the Slinger tool options such as the Clutch Claw.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne releases September 6th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One with PC arriving in January 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Velkhana Beta For PS4 And Xbox One.
- With Gamescom finishing up last week, it’s time to set focus on the Tokyo Game Show 2019. Square Enix have released the list of games that will be at this year’s show.
- The lineup for TGS has been announced on the official website, which includes a number of Square Enix RPG favourites including Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Trials of Mana and more. There are a variety of platforms for each including Stadia for upcoming Marvel Avengers.
- TGS 2019 will be open for business days from September 12th to 13th. The public days are from September 14th until 15th.
To read more about this news find it here in: Square Enix Announces Their Lineup For The Tokyo Game Show 2019.
- The action RPG Ashen is making it’s way to multiple platforms this December which includes Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam and GOG.
- Ashen originally released on Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store at the end of last year. Now it is joining new platforms on December 9th.
- Ashen is an open-world action-RPG that focuses on passive co-op, meaning the players you meet in-game will resemble NPC quest givers. This unique approach allows for players to feel truly immersed in the world of Ashen, without the distraction of other player’s looks or gear. You can go it alone or play with players you meet out in the world.
- Ashen will release on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam and GOG on December 9th 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in: Ashen Is Coming To PS4, Switch, Steam And GOG On December 9th.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut
- InXile Entertainment’s most iconic RPG series has launched The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut. Now available on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, Playstation 4 and PC Steam and GOG.
- Those who already own the game will receive the Director’s Cut as a free update. This version brings a number of additions which includes character customisation options, new items, enemies, a refreshed UI and a free expansion dungeon.
- Those who purchase the title on Steam or GOG will also receive for free The Bard’s Tale Trilogy during launch week. This will be available with all Standard edition purchases as long as you purchase The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut before 9am PDT on September 3rd.
To read more about this news find it here in: The Bard’s Tale 4 Directors’s Cut Now Available.
Elder Scrolls Online
- If you’ve been wanting to try out Elder Scrolls Online now you can as there is a free play event happening right now. You can experience the adventures of Tamriel from August 27th until September 3rd.
- The free play event is available on all platforms, PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
- You will have access to four classes, 23 different zones and the amazing main story questline which I highly recommend you checking out. There are plenty of things to do and see. You can also travel to the area of Morrowind, home to the Dark Elves. If you’re curious about Elsweyr, you can also taken part in the prologue quest, which kicks of The Season of the Dragon.
- If you decide you want to continue your adventures after September 2nd, you can also pick up the Elder Scrolls Online base game for just $9.99.
- There is up to 40% off the different editions during the Summer Sale on all platforms.
- If you’re diving into Tamriel for the first time, pick up some great pointers by following our ESO Beginners Guide. If you need some help in how to level be sure to check out our Beginner’s Guide To Leveling.
To read more about this news find it here in: Elder Scrolls Online Free To Play Until Sept 3rd.
The Surge 2
- As we get closer to the launch of The Surge 2 next month, developer Deck 13 and publisher Focus Home Interactive have released a new trailer featuring combat.
- The latest trailer shows some of the fast action combat coming with The Surge 2. This title introduces some new mechanics including directional parrying and even being able to target boss limbs to create weak points. The video shows zip lining around the city of Jericho and many of the enemies players will face.
- To find out all about the news additions coming with The Surge 2, be sure to watch our The Surge 2: 10 Changes From The Prequel.
To read more about this news find it here in: The Surge 2 Get Combat Trailer
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII
- Taiwanese action RPG Xuan-Yuan Sword VII developed by Softstar Entertainment is coming to PC and consoles according to the list of games to be shown at Tokyo Game Show 2019.
- An official list of games to be exhibited at the Tokyo Game Show 2019 which takes place in September, has listed Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, an action RPG, will be releasing in winter 2019 in Japan.
- This sword wielder takes place in the last of Western Han Dynasty, featuring ancient Chinese environments and the Mohist clan which is an important part of the story. Xuan-Yuan Sword VII will concentrate on weapon technique and mechanics with action combat. The series of games follows Chinese mythology and historical events.
- While there hasn’t been an announcement for the release in the west, the description for the video is in English which could mean an international release. Hopefully we’ll learn more details during the Tokyo Game Show in September.
To read more about this news find it here in: Action RPG Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Coming To PS4, Xbox One And PC.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: