Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The Square Enix lineup for TGS 2021 has been unveiled with a number of titles being featured this year. This includes Dragon Quest X Online, Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier the mobile game, Final Fantasy XIV, as well as more of Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin.
- Last we saw of Stranger of Paradise was the time-limited demo that was released earlier this year. It provided a small taste of what the Action-RPG has to offer in terms of Final Fantasy story but with a more souls-like twist. The game is being developed by Team Ninja, known for the Ninja Gaiden and Nioh franchises. It will be great to see more of what’s to come of this interesting title.
- What are you most looking forward to hearing about at the Tokyo Game Show 2021? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Square Enix Announces Tokyo Game Show 2021 Online Lineup Schedule.
Darkest Dungeon 2
- Red Hook Studios and Epic have announced the Darkest Dungeon 2 will be coming to Early Access and Epic Games Store on October 26th.
- Previously it was announced that Darkest Dungeon 2 would be coming to the Epic Games Store in Early Access in 2021, with a whole refined combat system, as well as new monsters, bosses as well as challenges.
- In an interview with PC Gamer, the developer shared that old favourites will be coming to the sequel, but new characters will making their appearance in Early Access.
- The RPG Darkest Dungeon is a cosmic horror title based around exploring dangerous environments, seeking loot and battling the many creatures that lurk in the world.
For more on this news find it here in Darkest Dungeon 2 Early Access Release Date Revealed.
- Taiwanese developer Acme Gamestudio has announced an Action-RPG called Asterigos coming to Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and PC in late spring 2022. The title will follow Hilda, a brave Northwind Legion warrior who is seeking to find her lost father and enter a mythical but cursed city.
- The game is set to feature exploration, challenging beasts, as well as storytelling, told from different perspectives. There will also be a range of weapons including sword and shield, daggers, spear, hammer, staff and bracelets.
- The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4, and will allow free exploration in ancient Rome and Greek-inspired surroundings.
- Asterigos will release on Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and PC in late spring 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Asterigos An Action RPG Announced For PS5, PS4 And PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The Discovery Tour: Viking Age will be releasing next month for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and will arrive as part of a free expansion.
- You will be able to dive into the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla discovery tour next month featuring the Viking Age. The free expansion will release for the game on October 19th.
- It will also be available as standalone on PC for $19.99 on the same day, and then for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Stadia in early 2022. Previous discovery tours have included Ancient Egypt-set Origins and the Ancient Greece-set Odyssey.
- In case you missed it previously, the Discovery Tour typically allows players to explore the game’s world without the onslaught of enemies. You can take part in interactive tours or examine historical objects and locations to learn about their real-world origins.
- Viking Age will be more narrative-led according to Ubisoft, and will let you “step into the shoes of Viking and Anglo-Saxon characters from the time while living out their stories and adventures”.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Discovery Tour Releases October 19th As Free Expansion.
- The launch trailer for Gamedec has been released this week, featuring the detective RPG’s gameplay set in 22nd century Warsaw and different virtual worlds. It also shows some of the avenues you can go down depending on the personality type.
- Gamedec sets to follow the classic RPG structure, focusing on player choice in an adaptive isometric RPG. In this game the player will “solve crimes in virtual worlds”. The game emulates tabletop RPGs, with a focus on character development and decision making. Players can craft a unique set of professions, to lead investigations in their preferred style.
- If you want to know about the game be sure to check out our video/article Gamedec Cyberpunk CRPG: Should You Play? Virtuals Worlds And Deduction Gameplay Features Overview.
For more on this news find it here Gamedec Launch Trailer Released.
Tales of Arise
- Bandai Namco have announced the latest in the Tales series of games Tales of Arise has now surpassed one million in copies sold. The 17th entry in the franchise has now become the fastest-selling one.
- The franchise as a whole has now shipped 25 million units cumulatively. Celebrating the milestone art director Mamoru Iwamoto released an art graphic of the Tales of Arise duo main characters Alphen and Shionne.
- In case you missed it Tales of Arise released this month on September 10th. If you want to know what we thought of the game be sure to check out our Tales of Arise Review: A Beautiful Experience.
For more on this news find it here Tales Of Arise Has Now Shipped Over 1 Million Copies; Fastest Selling Game In The Tales Franchise.
- Developer Artisan Studio and publisher Dear Villagers has released a new trailer featuring the upcoming RPG Astia Ascending. The trailer introduces the game with a hand-drawn animated trailer. The trailer features the story of the game, introducing some of the different inhabitants of Harmelon, a fantasy world home to different races all living in harmony according to the narrator, well at least in town.
- Astria Ascending will feature turn-based gameplay with a team of companions you can put into a party of four, using different combinations to overcome enemies. In this JRPG that follows a classical approach to the genre, players will follow a story of eight heroes who are Demigods fated together.
- Astria Ascending will release on September 30th for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here Astria Ascending Gets New Intro Trailer.
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife
- Publisher Serenity Forge and developer White Rabbit have revealed the release date for the expanded edition Death’s Gambit: Afterlife.
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife was announced back in June of this year as an expanded edition of the original. It will be releasing on PC and Switch on September 30th, with the PS4 version releasing sometime in 2021. It will be released for $19.99, but those who already own the base game will receive the update for free.
- Afterlife will double the size of the original game adding a host of new content including new bosses and news levels. There is also a number of changes in terms of systems including a revamped Talent tree.
- If you want the full details on the changes coming this expansion be sure to check out our article What’s New With Death’s Gambit: Afterlife.
For more on this news find it here in What’s New With Death’s Gambit: Afterlife.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter Rise is getting a collaboration with Mega Man. Players will be able to gain Rush as Palamute layered armor comes September 24th as an event quest reward.
- The new trailer features the robot armour-clad Rush from Megaman 11, which will be new Palamute layered armor. But it also looks like Rush comes with a number of tricks that Mega Man fans may recognise, including throwing up players into the air to reach higher ground and boosting players while riding.
- This isn’t the only collaboration that MHR has received so far, previously players received an Okami crossover and one for Monster Hunter Stories 2.
- Monster Hunter Rise is currently available on Switch and will be coming to PC next year.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise Next Collab Is Mega Man.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: