Last updated on October 12th, 2018
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Rockstar Games shares a new gameplay video for Red Dead Redemption 2 that covers some new areas which includes heists, the Dead Eye System, missions, robberies and much more.
- We get a closer look at how missions, heists and robberies play out in this video that is just over 4 minutes long.
- It’s not just your nefarious skills you’ll be using in-game, tracking foes and using detective skills to determine clues will also play it’s part.
- The Dead Eye System makes it’s return but with some added features, it will now slow down time, lets you mark your enemies to get that perfect multiple shot or even aid you in a duel.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch on PS4 and Xbox One on October 26th, 2018.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Red Dead Redemption 2 Gets Second Gameplay Video Highlighting Heists, Dead Eye System And More.
Minecraft Themed RPG
- During Minecon the Minecraft modding and enthusiasts convention, Mojang the developer announced a new title called Mincecraft: Dungeons which will be an RPG game set in the Minecraft universe.
- The game was announced to release next year on PC but no news has been given whether it will be released on other platforms. The title will be a dungeon crawler that will include a mix of Minecraft monsters and figures that fans know and love.
- Taking on a world of in single player mode or with friends with up to four in a group. Using Minecraft’s blocky visuals that has made it famous, the RPG will be an enhanced dungeon crawler version.
- Minecraft Dungeons will release on PC sometime next year in 2019.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Mojang Announces Minecraft: Dungeons – A Minecraft Themed RPG.
Rumour: Sekiro beta?
- The internet are at it again, through some quick posting on Reddit, fans of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice might have caught a confirmation for the Sekiro beta.
- It’s not uncommon for developers or publishers to accidentally release a tweet with some information that has not yet been officially announced.Through the official Activision Support account, in a reply to a tweet from what appears to be a participant taking part in a Sekiro beta Activision said “…codes will be sent out soon…”.
- The tweet was then deleted but the speedy netizens caught it by taking a screenshot.
- If they are indeed having a beta soon, it looks like it’s invite only, as there hasn’t been an official announcement concerning a date or time. Reddit users have speculated that beta is in conjunction with pre-ordering but no confirmation has come from Activision or FromSoftware at this point.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will be releasing next year on March 22nd 2019 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Rumour: Sekiro Beta Leaked?
- With the latest DLC The Good, The Bad and Augmented having just arrived this October, Deck 13 share a new trailer that highlights some of the combat against the new enemies players will come face to face with.
- Dr. Rischboter from the CREO facility will put players through their paces, pitting them against different enemies called Challengers that come straight from his crazy training room scenarios.
- Armed with wrist mounted blades, a sharp six-shooter pistol and number of heavy weapons, players will have a chance to put up a good fight in this action packed RPG DLC. The doctor’s menacing baiting words can be heard throughout the trailer.
- The Surge‘s DLC The Good, The Bad and The Augmented was released on October 2nd for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in The Surge DLC The Good, The Bad And The Augmented Gets Action Driven Trailer
Arc of Alchemist
- Compile Heart announces that Arc of Alchemist, the PS4 exclusive JRPGwill be delayed for release by a few months.
- The game was originally slated for Japan on November 29th but has now been pushed back to a February 7th release. They have apologised for the delay and have said more time would be needed to “further improve the quality”of the title. Compile Heart is known for such titles as Cute RPG and Mary Skelter 2.
- The Arc of Alchemist is an action RPG that revolves around elements, the art style comes from none other than Yoshitaka Amano who worked on Final Fantasy.
- Arc of Alchemist will release as an exclusive for Playstation 4 in Japan on February 7th 2019. No news as of yet for an international release.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Arc Of Alchemist The Exclusive PS4 JRPG Release Delayed.
- Described as a “gift to the fans” of the XCOM series, Firaxis Games share that they will be indeed giving players a free DLC on October 9th. The new DLC titled Tactical Legacy Pack will include “new game modes, stories, maps, and equipment to remaster for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen”.
- Featuring a new game mode called Legacy Ops, players will be able to take on stand-alone missions that will merge the narrative between the original reboot and XCOM 2.
- Not only does this add new content but fans will be able to choose from the original XCOM 2 soundtrack, The Enemy Unknown soundtrack or the brand new score inspired by the game called XCOM UFO Defense.
- The DLC also sets to bring original weapons and armor from previous XCOM games.
- XCOM 2 is currently available to play on PC, Xbox One and PS4. War of the Chosen – The Tactical Legacy Pack will release for PC/Mac/Linux on October 9th 2018 and will remain free for anyone who owns XCOM 2’s War of The Chosen expansion until December 3rd.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Firaxis Games Announces A Free XCOM 2 Tactical Legacy Pack DLC.
Rumour: Harry Potter RPG?
- A recently leaked video showing footage of what appears to be gameplay from a Harry Potter game was shared in a thread on Reddit earlier this week.
- n the thread, the Reddit user explained they had secretly filmed some footage of the unannounced game when they were asked to watch the video at a mall and take a survey.
- The video contains a game that shows RPG elements, further features including character creation, potion making, spells and a character running in third-person view can be seen.
- While the originally leaked video on Youtube has since been taken down for containing Warner Bro’s content, some upload links have since appeared in the thread.
- BBC News reporter and well-known Potter fan Lizo Mzimba also tweeted out that this is a “yet to be announced RPG currently titled Harry Potter Magic Awakened” and that other Potter games were in the works.
- What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Rumour: Harry Potter RPG Footage Leaked?
- While it has only been just over a year and a half since the release of the first Switch model, Nintendo have plans to launch an updated version in 2019.
- According to the Wall St Journal report, the article mentions a “brighter, thinner” screen is one of the few options possible. Not much else has been reported about the upgrades details. It is predicted that summer to late 2019 will be the release date for the next version.
- Since the sales of the initial Switch has done so well with selling almost 20 million units worldwide since it’s launch, Nintendo have begun to move forward with releasing a newer version.
- What their plans for the next version of the Switch is still vague, but will probably carry on their vision that the “console can be carried around and used easily for competitive gameplay via local wireless connection”.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Nintendo To Release Updated Switch Next Year.
- In a recent announcement the developer CD Projekt Red announced their partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for their latest project. Warner Bros. will be responsible for their distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 in North America.
- Regarding this announcement Member of the Board and SVP of Business Development at CD Projekt Red, Michal Nowakowski shared: “We’ve worked with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and both releases turned out to be really successful, so we’re entering this new stage of our cooperation with great confidence. Cyberpunk 2077 is our biggest and most ambitious project to date, and I’m really looking forward to all the amazing things we can achieve together.”
- Cyberpunk 2077 has yet to be announced for their official release window, but some sources have pointed to a possible 2019 release. The title is confirmed to launch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 To Be Distributed By Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: