Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Baldur’s Gate 3
- CEO and founder of Larian Studios Swen Vincke recently shared with Nintendo Voice Chat about the possibility of Baldur’s Gate 3 coming to the Switch. When asked about his thoughts on a port, he shared that the current model might hold some limitations when it comes to a port, but Vincke says “never say never” meaning while it might be a challenge, it could still happen.
- We have seen some meaty games coming to the Switch recently, one being upcoming Witcher 3, which had to go through a bit of downgrading in order to run smoothly on the handheld device. However this proves it is possible to bring these kind of games to the Switch, offering fans a different experience with on-the-go.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 has been confirmed to be releasing on PC and Stadia, with no release date announced as of yet.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Larian Studios CEO Hasn’t Ruled Out Baldur’s Gate 3 On Switch.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- 505 Games and Artplay have addressed they would be looking to fix the issues that commenced with the Bloodstained Ritual of the Night’s Switch port, that came with a number of disappointments for fans in terms of performance. A patch will be dropping by the “end of the November” according to a new blog post.
- When Bloodstained Ritual of the Night arrived on the Nintendo Switch, is was met with a number of complaints when compared to other platforms, and suffered from framerate issues.
- In a new blog post the publisher has stated that fixes for these issues will roll out “by the end of November”. Two separate updates will be released, the first to help fix the majority of the problems and the later one to help improve performance issues “especially troublesome areas and enemies”.
- The improvements are to tackle four main areas for the Switch Visual Fidelity which involves the way background and environments are rendered, Loading Times between scenes, Particle Effects which many have been replaced with new assets. Input Lag, reducing the response time quite significantly making gameplay more responsive.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Bloodstained Gets Patch For Switch Port By “End Of November”.
Pokemon Sword and Shield
- The Pokemon Company held a live stream featuring the “Glimwood Tangle” forest location in the Galar region for upcoming Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield on October 4th.
- While The Pokemon Company has revealed some of the Pokemon unique to the Galar region, viewers could watch them in action during a livestream. You can check out the VOD of the Pokemon in their natural habitat during a 24 hour live stream, where you can spot your favourite new monsters as they roam Glimwood Tangle.
- There were also some new details released following a series of interviews with Gameinformer, confirming that autosave would be a feature for the first time in the franchise of games. The title will autosave in the background but you do have the option to turn them off if you’d rather use a manual save. Hidden Machines or HMs will not be be part of the title either.
- Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield will be launching on the Nintendo Switch on November 15th.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Pokemon Sword And Shield ‘Pokemon Live Camera: Glimwood Tangle’ Live Stream Set For October 4th
- Sony has announced they are cutting the monthly price of Playstation Now in half.
- Previously PS Now cost subscribers $20 a month, but now it will be only $10 per month. Grabbing an annual subscription will now only set you back $60.
- In addition to cutting the sub price in half, Sony are adding some additional titles to the subscription service as of today. These include some major titles such as God of War, Uncharted 4: Thief’s End, Infamous Second Son and Grand Theft Auto V. So if you haven’t picked up these titles previously and wanted to check them out, you can with PS Now.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Playstation Now Drops Price And Adds Limited-Time Titles.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax have dropped the motherload of events for the end of the year, which includes a furry feline charity event set to #SlayDragonsSaveCats
- Zenimax have announced a new event rounding off the end of the Season of the Dragon – Dragon Rise, where together with Best Friends Animal Society and FOUR PAWS International, your Dragon kills will result in a collective mighty donation. For every 5 Dragons slain, $1 will be donated to the cause, with a maximum of $200,000.
- Elder Scrolls Online will be ending the year with a number of events which this time will include Dragon Rise which runs until October 14th.
- The Witches Festival will also be returning and sets to bring some more witchy mayhem and rewards towards the end of October beginning on the 24th.
- The undaunted celebration returns offering an extra bonus of reward boxes while you do your pledges. A new Dawn of the Dragonguard event will be arriving in November and the New Life Festival will take us into 2020.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Elder Scrolls Online Slay Dragons Save Cats – End Of Year Events.
Playstation 4 Cross-Play
- Sony have shared they are now out of the beta phase for cross-play functionality support according to an article by Wired.
- With the release of cross-play, this means any PS4 title that supports this function can take advantage of the feature.
- According to the article the first major title to be able to use this would be most likely Modern Warfare which releases on October 25th. So far there is no confirmation on this.
- This could be a way for Sony to keep in the competitive running, and this will open up cross-play for a number of titles in future. PS4 currently has Fornite, Rocket League and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds joining cross-play this month. Which titles are you hoping to gain cross-play next? Let us know in the comments below.
For more about this news be sure to read about it in PS4 Can Now Supports Cross-Play For Any Game That Features It.
Monster Hunter World
- The first major update for Monster Hunter World Iceborne will add a new region to the Guiding Lands.
- Capcom has already revealed that the update would bring the a new huntable monster Rajang. However, the event listing also shares that there will be a new “Volcanic region” in the Guiding Lands, which was highlighted by Gematsu.
- This confirms a new explorable area is also coming for hunters to gather materials. Players will also receive the Rajang Claws pendant from completing the Admiral’s quest.
- Capcom last month shared a roadmap of updates for Iceborne, with the first major update arriving on October 10th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- But that’s not all, a new trailer has dropped featuring the latest collaboration. Monster Hunter World is no stranger to collaboration events, from Horizon Zero Dawn to the Witcher. The latest concoction of fantasy crossovers is with the Resident Evil 2 Remake. Both Leon and Claire will be jumping into the world of Monster Hunter this November. You can also see Mr. X appearing as the Handler, which is either funny or plain horrifying.
- You can check out Leon and Claire, as well as some thriller looking dance moves from zombies in the latest trailer. Oh and don’t skip the end, as the Tofu is back!
For more about this news be sure to read about it in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne First Major Update Adds Volcanic Region and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Resident Evil 2 Collaboration Announced.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Finally confirming via the Rockstar website, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be making its way to PC on November 5th. That’s right, come November you can take on the wild west, hunt, shoot and wreak havoc on PC.
- The game will be available to purchase through the new Rockstar Games Launcher, as well as through Steam, Epic Games Store, Greenman Gaming, Humble Store as well as retail stores. However, those who want to play on Steam will need to wait until December.
- If you purchase the title through Rockstar Games Launcher, during October 9th to October 22nd you can pick yourself up a couple of free games which includes: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Bully: Scholarship Edition, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition and Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 will be making it’s way to PC on November 5th 2019. It is currently available to play on PS4 and Xbox One. It will also be a launch title for Google Stadia in November.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: