Last updated on October 31st, 2019
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
- Publisher Bigben and developer behind The Council, Big Bad Wolf had already announced earlier this year they would be releasing an RPG set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
- At PDXCon they have revealed the title Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, a tabletop narrative driven RPG releasing 2021.
- For those who might not be familiar, Vampire: The Masquerade is one of the most iconic role-playing games, setting the bar for many tabletop gamers. The world follows the politics between clans of the Camarilla, murder, conspiracies and the inner workings of vampires, as well as their complicated secret societies.
- Following the success of Big Bad Wolf’s narrative driven title The Council, the studio will take on a new genre, bringing their story telling to a whole new level. Swansong will feature a solid story, plus key RPG mechanics that will follow the fifth edition of Vampire: The Masquerade and the universe of The World of Darkness.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong will be releasing sometime in 2021.
To read more about this news find it here in Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Tabletop RPG Announced.
The Outer Worlds
- Obsidian have dropped their launch trailer for The Outer Worlds ahead its release this week.
- The latest trailer features the different roles you can take up on Halcyon, whether that’s an assassin, brawler or a…moon man? The video shows off some of its quirky voice lines and highlights a “player-driven story” according to it’s official description. The trailer also shows off some of planet’s environments.
- If you want to check out The Outer Worlds RPG in action be sure to drop by our Twitch channel to watch us play.
- The Outer Worlds will arrived on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 25th 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in The Outer Worlds Launch Trailer.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The end of The Season of the Dragon has arrived with the latest DLC Dragonhold for The Elder Scrolls Online.
- The Dragonhold DLC brings a new area to Elder Scrolls Online, Southern Elsweyr, a place you can explore and is a similar size to previous DLC zones such as Murkmire or Clockwork City. Along with this new zone comes new quests, dragon hunts and places to discover.
- You will meet new Dragon types, Storm and Frost in Dragon Hunts, bringing a whole new challenge ahead.
- Dragonhold DLC released on October 21st for PC/Mac and November 5th for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
To read more about this news find it here in The Elder Scrolls Dragonhold Launches October 21st.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood
- Developer Cyanide have a released their first trailer for upcoming tabletop based video game RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood.
- The reveal trailer for Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood pretty much is summed up by the title, the video shows a dying earth and werewolf inhabitants with gruesome mutations and exo suits all set to Of Mice & Men’s track Bones Exposed.
- The upcoming game is based on White Wolf Publishing’s tabletop roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse set in the World of Darkness which is a universe shared by the Vampire: The Masquerade games.
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood will release in 2020 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.
To read more about this news find it here in Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Releases First Trailer.
Rumour: Diablo 4
- As BlizzCon 2019 gets closer, so does the anticipation for a Diablo related announcement. According to an advertisement leak, Diablo 4 might be on the table.
- After the backlash received from Blizzard’s reveal of Diablo Immortal during BlizzCon 2018, news of Diablo 4 has been a little scarce. To say the least, this wasn’t a shining moment for Blizzard.
- But just this week an interesting printed advertisement in a German magazine might bring a glimmer of hope of a possible announcement during this year’s BlizzCon.
- The ad in question was printed in a German magazine about The Art of Diablo book, where in the translated description it reads “Featuring over 500 artworks from Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III, and Diablo IV.” German site Gamestar have shared the book isn’t made directly by Blizzard, but by the distributors Panini.
- Over on Polygon, a Blizzard representative reached outed saying “We don’t comment on rumors or speculation, but next week we will have exciting news to share so please stay tuned!” so we might not have long to wait for some news.
- BlizzCon 2019 starts of October 31st to November 3rd.
To read more about this news find it here in Rumour: Diablo 4 To Be Announced At BlizzCon 2019.
- The next update to drop for Code Vein patch 1.04 will not only bring fixes but some Halloween themed goodies as well.
- Bandai Namco has announced update 1.04 will be adding some spooky themed accessories for players this Halloween. While Code Vein already has quite the extensive set of character customisation options, further accessories, colour palettes and face paints will be added so you can live your best Halloween themed life.
- The update released this week, along with new Character Creation options, new fixes come to exploration and combat. You will be able to switch partners at Mistles at the beginning instead of later.
- For the full list of changes you can find them on our Code Vein wiki.
To read more about this news find it here in Code Vein Update Introduces Halloween Items And Fixes.
- Darksiders Genesis is still hitting its release window of 2019 for PC and Stadia, however console players will need to wait until next year.
- Darksiders Genesis the action-RPG isometric title will be releasing for PC and Stadia on December 5th. Those on console will need to wait until it releases on Playstation 4, Xbox One and Switch on February 14th, 2020.
- The release dates were unveiled along with a new cinematic trailer featuring some conversations between Horseman Strife and the three headed Malgros the Defiler. When things take an ugly turn, War can be seen dropping in, in a chaotic fashion.
- The trailer does show some of the gameplay at the end, highlighting you can play as either Strife or War if you’re soloing.
- Both can trigger a special attack meter, once activated it turns them into some pretty big creatures that only leave a path of destruction.
To read more about this news find it here in Darksiders Genesis Release Dates Revealed, Launching On Consoles Later.
The Surge 2
- Latest update for the The Surge 2 released this week bringing bug fixes and improvements, as well as a new weapon pack for all.
- The free Future Shock Weapon Pack for The Surge 2 adds four new devastating weapons which include the Golden Twin Blades, the “EFH” Heavy Duty Weapon, the Mangled Articulators Punching Gloves and Golden Harvest Double entry Weapon.
- You’ll need to hunt down enemies that wield them, defeat them to claim them for yourself.
- There are also some fixes with the latest update for consoles and PC. These include crash fixes, Dynamic resolution fixes, nerfing Delver Echo in NG+, unlocking Swiss Army Drone in NG+, as well reducing the cost of Graffiti Tags from the merchant.
To read more about this news find it here in The Surge 2 Update And Free Weapon Pack.
- Ubisoft have announced during their financial report that titles Watch Dog Legion, Rainbox Six Quarantine and Gods & Monsters will be delayed to release to the later end of next year. An article by VGC explains that the chief financial officer, Frédérick Duguet shared that the three games would be next-gen titles.
- These three titles are part of the five AAA titles set to be release in the next fiscal year. So far there are no new release dates for these titles. With this announcement we get to learn the game that will be aimed for the next generation of Playstation and Xbox.
- The other two AAA titles have been rumoured to be Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Assassin’s Creed Kingdom.
To read more about this news find it here in Ubisoft Announces Gods & Monsters And More For Next Gen Consoles.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: