Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The latest trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 has teased that Nvidia’s GeForce service will support the game come launch day on November 19th.
- GeForce Now is a streaming service for Nvidia, which will allow PC gamers to play games without the need of a high-end PC. You can play on a number of devices including non-gaming laptops, tablets and mobile devices. A recent trailer for the service also put a teaser trailer at the end of their video, featuring Cyberpunk 2077, sharing it will be available on launch day.
- The service will of course require a steady and fast internet connection in order to play games. The service is similar to Microsoft’s Project xCloud however doesn’t currently provide any games for subscribers, and you will need to purchase games through places such as Steam before you can play them on supported devices.
- Currently GeForce now offers S a free version, allowing you to play for a limited time per day and a paid option which gives more freedom in the number hours you can play per day.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be Available At Launch On GeForce Now.
- The latest trailer has been released for the side-scroller Action-RPG Grime, a challenging title which puts you against foes using living weapons, that possess mutated forms and functions to destroy them with. The video gives an overview of the game’s combat mechanics, progression systems and how to transverse the world.
- Grime has a challenging combat system which is all about timing, dodging and parrying at the right moments. Influenced by souls-like combat mechanics and Metroidvania world design. Grime is also as it’s name suggests, a dark, and bizarre fantasy world, full of strange looking creatures and mutations.
- Players can use a humanoid black hole, which is capable of absorbing enemies it comes in contact with, gaining their powers in the process and enabling the player to use them as an attack, each enemy has a different effect.
- This black hole is not only a unique combat mechanic, but also grants players with useful tools to help them transverse the alien like world.
- Grime is expected to release some time in 2021 on PC via Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Grime The Unforgiving Action-RPG Gets Gameplay Trailer.
Rumour: Ghost of Tsushima Sequel
- A new job listing has been posted on the Sucker Punch website, hinting that a Ghost of Tsushima sequel could be happening. The job post is looking for a narrative writer, specifically mentioning a “desire to write stories set in feudal Japan” as “well as knowledge of feudal Japanese history”.
- These requirements do seem to point in the direction of a sequel, or maybe even more DLC. For now there is no confirmation from the developer, but hopefully we’ll be hearing more about any upcoming projects.
- Ghost of Tsushima will be releasing on PS5 next month, which will add “frame rates up to 60FPS”, also having shorter loading times and you will be able to transfer your saves from PS4 to PS5.
- Ghost of Tsushima is currently available to play on Playstation 4, and will be releasing on PS5 when it launches next month.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Ghost Of Tsushima Sequel In The Works.
Ghost of Tsushima Legends
- The first raid for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends called The Tale of Iyo will be available this October 30th. This raid will require a pre-made team of four, meaning you won’t be able to use matchmaking, and will need to invite friends to form your group.
- The Raid has three chapters and will require you to bring your A-game when it comes coordination and communication. Players will ideally need gear which is at least KI level 100 before taking on this challenge. In order to take part in the raid Sucker Punch recommends finishing all the Story missions first, and replaying the Story plus Survival modes on a higher difficulty to gain higher gear.
- There is also more coming for Legends, weekly challenges have been announced which will put two-player story missions to the test. There will also be one four-player survival mission featured each week with custom modifiers.
- Everyone who completes the missions as well as the bonus objectives will gain “max-level gear that will help you become raid ready.”
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends First Raid Tale Of Iyo Releases October 30th.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Ubisoft have announced that the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla season pass will include a number of new story expansions including Ireland, Paris and Beowulf.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla‘s season pass will have three post-launch story expansion DLCs. The seasons pass is available on it’s own for $39.99, and is included with the Gold, Ultimate and Collector’s Editions for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- The season pass will include new storylines that follow Ireland, Paris and a DLC that focuses on the story of Beowulf. Previously Ubisoft had unveiled that the season pass would include the legendary Beowulf, which is based on the old English poem of the same name. It follows the take of a hero who fights monsters but eventually gets defeated by a dragon. The Legend of Beowulf will be the exclusive mission for the season pass content.
- Ubisoft had previously teased that the season pass would take players to new countries, now we get new details that this will be Ireland which is Wrath of the Druids and one set in France, The Siege of Paris.
- There is also a post launch roadmap which includes the season pass and free seasonal content that will be releasing over the course of the end of 2020, Spring 2021, Summer and Fall.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing on November 10th on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC. As well as Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X. Pre-orders are now available and will include The Way of the Berserker additional mission.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends First Raid Tale Of Iyo Releases October 30th.
Darkest Dungeon 2 & Board Game
- Darkest Dungeon 2 has been announced by developer Red Hook Studios to be releasing next year in Early Access on the Epic Games Store. This time the game will be 3D, opposed to the 2D artstyle that was used in the first game, which was shared by the developer on a recent post on their website.
- There isn’t too much to go on at the moment in terms what the game will entail in the sequel, but we are teased with the game “will test your mettle and drive you to the brink of madness” on the Epic Games store page.
- Earlier this year Red Hook shared that a sequel was underway, not divulging too much in the way of details but did say that the combat system will be consistent with the first title but will have a “significant tune-up mechanically”.
- Red Hook has also launched a Kickstarter for the Darkest Dungeon boardgame, which currently has less than 2 weeks to go and has already reached it’s original goal of $300,000 USD within 35 minutes of going live. It has now surpassed 1.5 million in backing.
For more on this news find it here in Darkest Dungeon 2 Coming To The Epic Games Store Early Access In 2021 and Darkest Dungeon Board Game Kickstarter Surpasses $1 Million In One Day.
- Cold Symmetry announced the Mortal Shell Free Rotten Autumn update would be releasing this week, which is the first content update of the game.
- The update released on October 22nd adding a new mini-quest, ten new skins, an alternative soundtrack, and a powerful new photo editor.
- If you haven’t picked up the souls-like Action-RPG Mortal Shell is now 20% off on the Playstation Store and Epic Games Store. Those on Xbox One can get the 20% discount on October 27th.
- The update focuses on Gorf, a gigantic amphibian who will provide a new mini-quest. If you manage to satisfy Gorf’s requirements you will gain some rewards such as ten new Shell shades.
- If that’s not enough the physical release of Mortal Shell is just around the corner, which features an exclusive fold-out poster and softback artbook featuring some never-before seen art.
- The physical editions will release for PS4 and Xbox One in US on November 3rd, while in Europe on October 23rd for PS4 and PC, and Xbox One on October 30th.
- If you’re interesting to know what we thought of Mortal Shell be sure read/watch our Mortal Shell Review.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell Free Rotten Autumn Update.
- It’s been almost a month since the free-to-play online Action-RPG Genshin Impact exploded onto the gaming scene, offering a game packed full of cute characters and addictive gacha system. But if you thought the developer was anywhere near done with the game’s current state you’d be wrong.
- Recently miHoyo released a couple of surveys which were doled out to players, asking about some feedback in terms of what could be done better. It seems they have listened to some of the concerns from players.
- One of the major comments players have been very vocal about is the Original Resin system, currently players have a cap of 120 Original Resin, which regenerates slowly over time.
- In the next update, Version 1.1. the cap will be increased from 120 to 160, a 40 resin increase. While this isn’t a huge increase, it’s good to know they are listening to the community.
- Other improvements will include a filter system for Artifacts, and introducing a new item which will allow to set customisable Waypoints.
- In other news, there will be a new event coming on October 27th, so far there’s little detail as to what it involves, but the developer teases rewards for participating.
- Genshin Impact is currently available to play on PC, iOS, Android and Playstation 4. Don’t forget to drop by our Fextralife Twitch channel as we’ve been playing the game on the regular.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Devs Respond To Player Feedback, Resin, Artifacts Filters And More.
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
- At the end of last year Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice the latest title from Dark Souls developer FromSoftware had won the Game of the Year Award at TGA 2019. Previously a new update was announced to be coming this October, but now it’s confirmed the Sekiro GOTY version will be available worldwide and will be releasing on October 28th at 10AM PT.
- A trailer has been released for the GOTY edition previewing some of the additions that will be arriving next week as part of free update for all who own the game. It includes a new boss challenge mode, player recordings and unlockable skins. Players will have access to a new arena that will pit players against previous bosses but with new challenges to face such as the Gauntlets of Strength. If you die, you will have to start over, making your way through the challenges all over again.
- Players will also be getting a number of new outfit options which will be coming the update including “Tengu” and “Old Ashina Shinobi” styles which be rewarded for completing Gaunlets. A new player recording feature called Remnants is also coming which allows players to record movements.
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. The GOTY game update will be coming to all platforms, and also the game will be coming Stadia on October 28th.
For more on this news find it here in
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: