Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Elden Ring was announced this week to be now delayed to February 25th 2022. Originally it was set to release January but has now been pushed back. While sad news to hear there was also the announcement of the closed network test which will take place in November.
- The closed network test will be available for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox and Xbox Series X|S. This seems to be a console only test, no announcement for PC as of yet. If you’re interested to join you will need to sign up via the official Elden Ring website.
- Also recently Sony held their Playstation ‘Play! Play! Play!’ livestream in Japan which showcased Elden Ring unveiling a couple of new screenshots.
- To be expected the ‘Play! Play! Play!’ Japanese livestream didn’t unveil too much but it did show two more screenshots which showed a player upon horseback (mount) which is assumed to be the Spirit Steed, aiming a bow and arrow at a flying enemy against the backdrop of a mountainous region, and derelict castle. The second screenshot is much more serene, with the player next to a luminous light amongst a field of wildflowers. It appears to be at nighttime, suggesting the night cycle system.
- Also during the livestream the presenters are against a background of the Erdtree, which also displays the day/night system with the sky slowly going from day to night.
- If you want more Elden Ring be sure to check out next Elden Ring | Why I Don’t Think “Opt-In” Is The Solution To Solo PvP Invasions and Elden Ring New Gameplay Breakdown & Impressions, New Mechanics Revealed. You can also drop by our Elden Ring wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Elden Ring Gets New Screenshots During Japanese Playstation “Play! Play! Play!’ Livestream and Elden Ring Release Date Delayed & Network Test Announced.
- Elyon the MMORPG released this week now available for NA and European servers. Elyon was originally set as a buy to play title but Kakao decided to switch their approach to better compete against the rising number of MMORPGs. Previously the title was set to release closely with New World, but Kakao decided to move the release date to this month.
- Elyon is set in a sci-fi world with massive realm wars, warring factions fight it out with manamechs, artillery and soldiers. Players can customise their character with a number of skill add-ons, runestones and through Mana Awakening. This will give a number of ways to create your own combat style. Players can pick from different classes from Mystics who can heal their allies through the power of nature but also deal damage to their foes, to Gunners who use guns to shoot enemies from a distance and land decisive blows.
- Elyon is now available to play on PC via Steam and through the Elyon client.
For more on this news find it here in Elyon Headstart Is Live; Free To Play Releases October 20th.
Final Fantasy 14
- Final Fantasy XIV director Naoki Yoshida remains “positive” about the prospect of the MMORPG coming to Xbox.
- In an interview with Easy Allies and Final Fantasy 14’s director Naoki Yoshida, the possibility of the MMORPG coming to the Xbox platform still remains “positive”.
- He also went on to explain that he hopes to share “some kind of update to the players” with timing being hopefully “very soon”. Being “unable to divulge on certain details” meaning they are moving in the right direction for an Xbox version.
- While it doesn’t look like Yoshida will be able to spill the beans on any details just yet, the timing issue suggests that hopefully the Xbox console version is underway. But with the release of the Endwalker expansion happening next month, there already seems to be a lot going on for the developer at this moment without the worry of another platform launch.
- Final Fantasy 14 is available on PC, Playstation 5 and Playstation 4. Endwalker is the next expansion that will be releasing on November 23rd 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Yoshida Remains “Positive” About The Possibility Of Final Fantasy 14 Coming To Xbox.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
- Developer GrapeOcean Technologies and publisher V Publishing have announced the CRPG Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has now officially added support for Mac & Linux via Steam and GoG.
- Since Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness release on Early Access it has gained 12 major updates and gained a number of improvements based on community feedback. This has included reducing load times, class balance, and many more. The game also now officially supports Mac & Linux via Steam and GoG.
- If you haven’t checked Black Geyser, the game is a dark CRPG that focuses on real-time tactical combat with pause. The game has a deep narrative with over 300,000 words for the dialogue, also combining deep lore with memorable companions. Take on a journey across a sprawling fantasy world with the freedom to build your hero choosing from five different races and 13 different class types.
- If you want to know our thoughts on this game check out our Black Geyser Gameplay Hands-On Impressions: Everything We Know So Far (Isometric Fantasy CRPG).
- Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness can be purchased now on Steam and GoG via Early Access for $24.99. Now with support for Mac and Linux.
For more on this news find it here in Black Geyser Adds Support For Mac & Linux; 12 Major Updates Since Early Access Launch.
- A new video has been released for Starfield featuring the Settled Systems plus revealing new concept art.
- In the short video which is just about a minute and a half, it covers the Settled Systems’ largest factions the United Colonies and the Freestar Collective. These two factions 20 years before the start of the game were a part of the colony wars. The video shows some of the concept art which includes a look at the futuristic cities and the enemies such as the Ecliptic mercenaries, pirates of the Crimson Fleet, violent Spacers and the fanatical religions zealots of House Va’ruun.
- The video also explains the motive of Constellation, an organisation “committed to uncovering the mysteries of the galaxy”. Players will be part of this organisation, and with them will explore the Settled Systems.
- We’ll be adding information to our Starfield wiki as it releases so make sure to bookmark our wiki for all the latest.
- Starfield is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC on November 11th, 2022, as well as Xbox Game Pass on day one launch.
For more on this news find it here in Starfield’s Settled Systems And Factions Revealed In New Video.
- Amazon has released details for server transfers as well as patch notes for 1.0.3 which includes reverted loot changes, new “Waiting” emote and more for New World.
- New World was faced with a number of queues especially during the first week of launch, with many players waiting to get into the game. Amazon Game Studios has shared they will be giving players an in-game title “The Stoic” and a new “Waiting” emote to show appreciation for player patience.
- A major feature that players are awaiting is the character server transfers. Amazon has outlined in the post that they will be rolling out the first transfers to be available on the Utopia world server first in the AP Southeast region. This is to ensure that transfers go smoothly, and if all is well they will roll out more transfers for the rest of the AP Southeast region, while continuing to monitor. If that goes well, after 8 hours if no other problems arise they will fully deploy server transfers for all.
- If you want the full details of the additions and changes with the latest patch be sure to check out our Patch 1.0.3 video.
For more on this news find it here in New World Update 1.0.3: Server Transfer Details, Waiting Emote And In-Game Title “The Stoic”.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
- NeocoreGames has announced the RPG King Arthur: Knight’s Tale will be leaving Steam Early Access on February 15th 2022. The game will fully launch and will include several features.
- Before the launch of version 1.0 NeocoreGames will release a final Early Access update in December which will add PVP to the game.
- A number features are coming with version 1.0 which includes a full story campaign, more than 30 playable heroes and six different classes, an increased level cap to 30, optional PVP and more.
- The latest video from the developer outlines the different classes as well as goes over character management.
For more on this news find it here in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Full Release On February 15th 2022.
Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3
- The Playstation 5 and Xbox Series versions of Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed to Q1 2022 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition has been pushed to Q2 2022.
- CD Projekt Red have shared a statement saying “Based on recommendations supplied by persons supervising development, it has decided to allocate additional time to both projects”.
- CD Projekt Red have been frequently rolling out patches in order to introduce bug fixes and improvements to the game since its launch. Previously the developer announced the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 would arrive sometime this year but also have shared that they are “keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year”.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 And The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition For Playstation 5 And Xbox Series Delayed To 2022.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: