Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Rockstar has revealed some new screenshots and video sharing more about the guns, customisation and Dead Eye system players can expect to encounter in-game for Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Not only will you be able to choose from 50 unique weapons but the choice for customisation is lengthy. Players can choose different types of ammunition that can help accuracy, the range and even the amount of damage the weapon does. Rockstar also details that the more you use the gun, the better it will perform. However as you continue to use it, it will start to degrade if it is not properly looked after.
- They also reveal more about the Dead Eye System, introduced previously to the Red Dead Redemption franchise, the system has a bit of an upgrade as you will be able to slow time down to get that perfect shot. The Dead Eye system will “become more sophisticated over of the course of the game”.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 will release on PS4 and Xbox One on October 26th 2018 with Red Dead Online launching sometime in November 2018.
If you want to read more about this news find it here New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screenshots And Video Detail Guns In-Game.
- If you were hoping to get your hands on a special limited edition Nintendo Switch and Diablo III bundle now you can as news of an exclusive is coming to Gamestop in North America.
- With the release of Diablo III Eternal Collection coming to the console hybrid, Gamestop have revealed they will be selling a unique demonic bundle that includes a specially designed Switch charging dock and Switch device. The dock features a Diablo III design but that’s not the only item that get’s a hellish look, there is also a devilish carrying case. The bundle includes the Switch, dock, carrying case and a digital download with all content.
- The limited edition is priced at $359.99 and will be available at Gamestop on November 2nd 2018.
To read more about this news find it here in Diablo III Gets Limited Edition Nintendo Switch Console Exclusively At Gamestop.
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom has been hard at work with Monster Hunter World announcing concrete dates to some of PC players eager questions about Mega Man collaboration and the Kulve Taroth Siege.
- Starting Thursday, October 18th 8 PM EDT to Thursday, November 1st 11:59 EDT, PC players will have access to the Mega Man event quest “A Rush of Blood“. This quest will take place in the Special Arena and requires players to hunt 2 Odogaron. Quest adventurers will be rewarded with Mega Man Tickets which can be used to forge the Mega Man Palico Armor and Weapon.
- They also share the dates for the third title update which will be available on Tuesday October 30 at 9 AM EDT. Changes include the addition of HDR Mode, new shortcut key options and various bug fixes.
- Capcom also share the dates for Kulve Taroth which will take place for PC players on Thursday November 1st at 8 PM EDT and will run for two weeks.
- For all your hunter needs check out our Monster Hunter World wiki.
To read more about this news find it here in MHW PC: Mega Man Event, Kulve Taroth, Third Title Update Arrival.
- Microsoft have announced that the latest Xbox One software update is releasing to alpha testing.
- The update that will go live in November is set to bring keyboard and mouse support, letting developers add features to their games that include PC accessories as an option. This feature will be up to the developer to decide whether they wish to add such features, so if the game doesn’t have support for keyboard/mouse then you will not be able to use them. The first game to get included in the test will be the free-to-play Warframe, which is set to be tested “in the coming weeks”.
- Fixes include some bug fixes for system, My Games and Apps and more.
- So far these are the details that have been revealed for their preview update available for those who are a part of the Preview program, the full update will be released in November.
To read more this news find it here in Xbox One System Software Update To Add Keyboard And Mouse Support Plus More.
Dark Souls Remastered
- FromSoftware have shared a new trailer featuring some of the gameplay for Dark Souls Remastered on the Nintendo Switch. The title released on the Switch console hybrid this week.
- Dark Souls Remastered finally makes it’s way to the Switch after it’s release was delayed. Originally set to launch with all platforms, it had it’s network test earlier in September.
- The trailer features the dramatic boss fights and challenging combat that players will be able to experience for the first time on a portable device.
- You can also check out our Dark Souls Remastered Nintendo Switch review on Fextralife.com focusing on how it fares on the go as well as for newer players.
To read more about this news find it here in FromSoftware Shares New Trailer For Dark Souls Remastered Nintendo Switch Release.
- While fans of the Diablo series have been abuzz of what might be in store at this year’s Blizzcon happening next month, Blizzard seem to have implied that it won’t be Diablo 4.
- It wasn’t long ago when Blizzard had revealed that “multiple projects” were in the works, but according to the latest post on the Blizzard forums, a fourth instalment for Diablo won’t be the case. The post mentions “…multiple teams working on different Diablo projects” and that they will reveal them “…when the time is right”.
- Blizzard continues to say “good things come to those who wait, but evil things often take longer”. This means that they may need more time before they can share anything about a future Diablo title. However, Diablo fans will still get to hear “some Diablo-related news” at Blizzcon. What they have in store for the Diablo panel will hopefully shed more light on more of their projects.
- Blizzcon 2018 will be take place next month from November 2nd until November 3rd at the Anaheim Convention Center.
To find out more about this news find it here in Blizzard Dampens Likelihood Of A Diablo 4 Reveal At Blizzcon.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- While live events for games don’t always go to plan, Ubisoft decide to share the cancellation of their first live in-game event for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey in a humorous way.
- Their first event was suppose to go live on October 16th for players over level 30, letting them participate in an in-game occurrence that grants Epic and Legendary rewards by completing limited time contracts.
- However, things didn’t quite go to plan when the Epic Mercenary called Damais the Indifferent who is suppose to launch the event didn’t show up.
- In a tweet they shared: “Rumor has it that Damais bailed at the very last minute. Apparently, he was intimidated by the idea of facing the misthios. He’ll give you a fair fight as soon as we track him down.”
- Ubisoft take it in their stride and assure players that the next event, scheduled for October 23rd will still go ahead. You will need to lookout for an epic vessel located on the Aegeon Sea to participate.
To read further about this news find it here in Ubisoft Call Off Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s First In-Game Live Event.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
- The official trailer for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has been released featuring Queen Meve of Lyria and Rivia as she ventures to stop the Nilfgaardian invasion.
- The narrative driven single player RPG was announced last month and is based on CD Projekt Red’s the popular card game Gwent. The standalone game brings card battles, world exploration, decision based narrative and puzzles to the mix. Following the well known world of The Witcher series.
- From the trailer we get a peek into the War Camp that players will be able to recruit, as well as boost their troops. Discovering supplies and resources from monsters who guard them, which include not only trolls, but necrophages, dragons and more. The battle system follows Gwent’s mechanics, however there are some unique rules that will make for a more interesting challenge.
- There will be a few completely new locations to The Witcher franchise, Mahakam, Aedirn and Angern will be getting their premiere.
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be launching on October 23rd, 2018 for PC and a couple months later for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on December 4th.
To read more about Thronebreaker find it here in Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Official Gameplay Trailer Released.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: