Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Outer Worlds
- When The Outer Worlds released about a year ago, it released on PC as a limited-time exclusive on the Epic Games Store. It is now heading to Steam this month on October 23rd.
- If you haven’t picked up The Outer Worlds yet or have been waiting for it to come to Steam, the game offers quirky look at space travel, with some Fallout inspiration, and is very much an engaging RPG. The game also received the Game of the Year Award at the New York Video Game Awards 2020. If you want to find out what we thought you can check out our The Outer Worlds Review.
- Recently Obsidian released a DLC called The Peril on Gorgon which introduces a new area to explore on an asteroid. Unearth mysteries that plagued the abandoned Spacer’s Choice. You check out an overview of The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon DLC here.
- The Outer Worlds is coming to Steam on October 23rd. It is currently available to play on PC via Epic, PS4, Xbox One and Switch. If you’re currently adventuring through Halcyon be sure to drop by our wiki which is now the official partnered The Outer Worlds wiki.
Xuan-Yuan Sword 7
- Softstar Entertainment and DOMO Studio have announced that the Action-RPG Xuan-Yuan Sword VII will be releasing on PS4 and PC via Steam on October 29th. The Taiwanese developer recently released a demo on Steam, allowing you to check out the action before you buy.
- The game combines Chinese history and myth, with action combat. It follows the beginning journey for Zhao and Xiang’s adventure, full of dangerous enemies and a mysterious figure. Zhao must protect his sister from monsters and powerful demons.
- The Steam page shares it presents a third-person perspective, and has a real-time combat system with Active Skills, Dodge, Block and Riposte.
For more on this news find it here in Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Releases On October 29th.
- This week CD Projekt Red unveiled some new screenshots showing some different perspectives for Cyberpunk 2077. They also had their latest Night City Wire episode which showcased a number of vehicles players will get their hands on in the game.
- The screenshots revealed on Twitter show mid-air bullets being fired by an enemy onslaught, a view of North Oak at sunset and an up close fight behind those iconic Mantis Blades.
- The latest Night City Wire episode featured some of the fun cars you can find in upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. These range from the smallest vehicles being the Makigai, a small boxy like car that can zip around the city, to more flashy and speedy cars such as the Hypercar class that offers a little more style.
- There is quite the variation and if four wheels isn’t your style there are also motorcyles, that can offer a different way of getting around the Night City.
- Cyperpunk 2077 will release on November 19th for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Reveals Vehicles and Cyberpunk 2077 New Screenshots Shows Off Different Perspectives.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
- Neocore Games has announced the tactical turn-based RPG King Arthur: Knight’s Tale will be coming to PC in Q1 2021, with PS5 and Xbox Series X arriving later.
- Based on the Arthurian mythology, King Arthur: Knight’s Tale tactical RPG is a mix of turn-based tactical games, plus more traditional RPG centric characters.
- Neocore has setup a Kickstarter campaign with the pledged goal of $150,000 USD to complete development of the game, it has already reached $60,000 with 26 days to go.
- This is the same developer behind Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor and the Action-RPG The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.
- Official features shared on the Kickstarter page include 5 diverse classes, 30 heroes to choose from to pick for your team, diverse battle maps and more.
For more on this news find it here in Atelier Ryza 2 Launches In The West In January 2021.
- This week was the launch of the ARPG Torchlight 3, which combines hack and slash combat, with a vibrant world to adventure through either in offline single-player or in online co-op with up to 4 players.
- The game launched on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The Switch version will be releasing later this month on October 22nd.
- The title comes with four different classes The Dusk Mage, The Forged, The Railmaster and The Sharpshooter, and plenty of relics to customise your playthrough. Players will also receive an exclusive platform Fairy pet depending on which platform they choose.
- If you’re interested to learn more about Torchlight 3 be sure to check out our gameplay features video which goes over mechanics, classes, co-op, itemisation and more.
For more on this news find it here in Torchlight 3 For Switch Releases October 22nd.
- The new DLC for Nioh 2, Darkness In the Capital released this week along with a new trailer.
- The DLC which launched on October 15th includes a brand new storyline, a new weapon type, a new higher difficulty level, plus new Yokai, Soul Cores and Yokai Abilities. There are also new Guardian Spirits, weapons, armor and more.
- In this new expansion players will head to Kyoto where a shrine will transport them to the Heian Period. It is here where they will be joined by some heroes, to team up and fight hordes of Yokai.
- The DLC is available as part of the Season Pass which is currently avaialble for $13.99, or can be purchased separately for $9.99. The season pass contains three DLCs, The Tengu’s Disciple, Darkness in the Capital and The First Samurai.
For more on this news find it here in Nioh 2 DLC Darkness In The Capital Launch Trailer.
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy has been announced to be coming to PC via Steam, Playstation 5 (digital only), Playstation 4 and Switch for North America on January 26th and for Europe on January 29th 2021.
- Fans will be able to get their hands on a physical Limited Edition version which is available for preorder on the Koei Tecmo Europe Online shop and for North America on the NIS America Shop.
- In Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy, Ryza makes her return following the events of the first title Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout. This previous title shipped over 420,000 copies to date.
- There were also some details revealed in terms of gameplay mechanics and features. In this instalment, parties will consist of 3 battle members and 1 sub-member, and gameplay is now all in real-time tactics, with the ability to build up Action Points and Core Charge.
- Party members who gain AP, can carry out a number of Skills in a row called Skill Chain. When using Skill Chain other character skills also increase in power and gaining more Core Charge, which is needed to use items such as unleashing a wave of bombs.
- Exceeding a certain level on your gauge will increase your Tactics Level, helping you gain AP quicker, plus increase the regular attack intervals. A special technique can be used once the Tactics Level reaches max.
For more on this news find it here in Atelier Ryza 2 Launches In The West In January 2021.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Ubisoft have announced that upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has now gone gold, meaning that the game has been wrapped up and ready to be shipped for launch day.
- Initially Valhalla was set to release on November 17th, but was actually moved up to November 10th, which is unusual as we’ve mostly heard of delays this year. But we’re not complaining as it gives us more time explore and become a true viking a week earlier.
- November is going to be a busy month with a lot happening with console release Playstation 5 bringing the Demon’s Souls remake, and Xbox Series X, with Cyberpunk 2077 releasing on November 19th as well. We’ll be spoilt for choice with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla also releasing in this time frame.
- Valhalla will have classic Assassin’s Creed traits including a bird companion for Eivor called Synin, and a hood that can be pulled up to help blend into a crowd. Expect powerful battle scenes and brutal finishers, as well as plenty of customisation when it comes to play style.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing on November 10th on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC. As well as Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Has Gone Gold.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: