Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter Rise
- If you were hoping to jump into Monster Hunter Rise PC with cross-save or cross-play when it releases next year, you’re about to be disappointed as Capcom has said they will be “unable to implement” either of these options. This means you won’t be able to carry over your progress from the Switch version to PC, nor will you be able to play with other players between the two platforms.
- Capcom has shared on Twitter that these features which were requested from players won’t be a possibility at this time.
- Monster Hunter Rise will be arriving on PC next year on January 12th, with 4K resolution and ultrawide monitor support, plus improved framerates and textures. A new expansion has also been recently revealed called Sunbreak which will be making its way to both PC and Switch sometime in summer 2022.
- Since cross-play won’t be a feature between Switch and PC, not having a cross-save feature seems to go hand in hand. While other games have implemented this feature for both Switch and PC, it looks like Monster Hunter Rise won’t be one of them.
- Are you disappointed by this news? Or are you not deterred from picking up the PC version despite starting on Switch? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Capcom Share It’s “Unable To Implement” Monster Hunter Rise Cross-Saves/Cross-Play.
- Developer FURYU and publisher NIS America have announced Monark will be officially releasing in North America and Europe in 2022. The JRPG will be launching on Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Switch and PC via Steam on February 22nd 2022 in North America and February 25th in Europe.
- Monark is a new RPG coming from former Shin Megami Tensei developers which was previously announced to be releasing in Japan. Now gets the confirmed release dates for the international version.
- Monark’s story follows you as the protagonist who wakes up mysteriously in Shin Mikado Academy, with a barrier separating the campus from the rest of the outside world. Within the academy, there is a madness-inducing Mist, strange cryptic calls that connect to the Otherworld and seven Pactbearers–each with their own Daemonic power ruled by their Egos.
For more on this news find it here in Monark Launches February 22nd 2022 In North America, February 25th In Europe.
- Details have been few and far between for Avowed, Obsidian’s next RPG which was revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase last year. But new rumoured details have been shared via an insider according to Windows Central. The article shares that sources close to the project have seen early footage and that the game is in a “playable alpha state” with “many mechanics and core gameplay pillars” already in place.
- The article also goes on to make comparisons to major RPG franchises such as Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, but also explains how the engine for the game is similar to but an enhanced version of The Outer Worlds‘.
- The gameplay which was teased in the announcement trailer takes inspiration from Elder Scrolls with the first-person dual-wield action combat as opposed to Pillars of Eternity’s CRPG gameplay. Avowed is set in the Pillars universe but will focus more on an Action-RPG approach.
- While these rumours have not been confirmed, if they are true, development still seems to be some time away before we see more of Avowed’s gameplay.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Avowed Nearly In Playable Alpha State; Fantasy Outer Worlds.
Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy 14 has garnered quite a lot of interest in the past few months but now has gained another milestone with surpassing over 24 million players. This also makes the MMORPG the most profitable game in the series according to Naoki Yoshida, the director who shared this during a recent press preview event for Endwalker.
- During the digital preview event, Yoshida revealed the player count has reached 24 million, 11 years after the initial release of Final Fantasy 14. Yoshida shared some interesting stats, with the game reaching 4 million registered players in 2015, and then hit 10 million by the time Stormblood was released in 2017. The game since then has picked up speed doubling its number of players in the next four years.
- This success didn’t come without struggle as Yoshida pointed out “how hard things were for us with the original Final Fantasy 14”, but also mentions how they were able to “transform the title” making it one of the major contributors to the company’s profits.
- Final Fantasy 14 has a bumpy humble beginning, ultimately getting a revamp releasing a transformed version nuking the world, hence the title A Realm Reborn.
- Final Fantasy 14 will be receiving its next major expansion Endwalker next month on November 23rd gaining two new jobs the healer Sage and DPS melee class Reaper. Yoshida also shared that they are looking forward to the next ten years and thanked players for sticking by them.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy 14 Surpasses 24 Million Players And Is The Most Profitable Final Fantasy Game In The Franchise.
- A new patch has been released this week for New World bringing new bug fixes and concentrating on Faction Missions.
- The latest patch notes for New World update 1.0.2 outlines changes for the game including another slew of bug fixes for general issues, AI and store fixes. It also concentrates on Faction Missions which has now adjusted the rates of influence players gain over time. This means it will require more of an effort to flip a territory, putting it into a conflict state.
- The post also addresses the preparation for the upcoming server transfer feature. Amazon has shared some details previously about server transfers including how to transfer a character which will require a character transfer token and which worlds you can transfer your character to. The transfer tokens will be available for free, but an additional wave of transfer tokens may be available in future depending on what the developer deems as needed.
- If you want all the details on the latest patch 1.0.2 you should check out our video which goes over the finer details and what this means for New World.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 6 Patch Notes – New Sorcerer Class, Grymforge, Gameplay Improvements, And More!.
Diablo II Resurrected
- Diablo 2: Resurrected has been experiencing a number of issues concerning servers since its launch on September 23rd. In a rather lengthy post on the official Blizzard forums, the community manager Adam Fletcher better known as PezRadar, outlined the several problems which are causing outages for Diablo 2.
- According to the post, they are not tackling just a single issue but different problems such as character progression loss caused by server crashes. The smaller issues have amounted to a number of solutions needed. One particular issue for Diablo 2: Resurrected is the number of players now logging in, which hit an all-time high with the player count last week, now higher than the launch.
- One major problem is that Diablo 2: Resurrected has large amounts of game code that are relying on code that was from the original. This legacy code not only affects things such as game creation and joining but reading character data, game lists, server health and more. There is also a big difference in player behaviour compared to the original release, with many focusing on short farming runs which means an influx of games being created frequently in short intervals.
- Solutions going forward include queue creation, stopping a large number of players from logging in at the same time, and breaking down certain services into their own systems helping to reduce server load.
- While undoubtedly fans are frustrated and unhappy with their Diablo 2 Resurrected experience with these problems, hopefully these fixes can alleviate the server issues and get players back into the game with a smoother player experience.
For more on this news find it here in Blizzard Addresses Diablo II: Resurrected Server Outages.
Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars
- If you haven’t heard of Yoko Taro’s latest game which arrives this October, it’s a card-based RPG called Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars. A slew of new screenshots, images and character introductions have been shared.
- The art of the game is designed by none other than Drakengard Series’ Kimihiko Fujisaka, who worked on The Last Story, Terra Battle and more.
- Some of the characters are introduced including travel companions Lidy and Bruno, as the young knight of the White Cult Sirok, the dragon worshipper Vartz and the titular Dragon.
- Cards for skills and traits are also shown in the screenshots as well as events. Special stories can be unlocked for both characters and enemies which involve fighting and progressing the game.
- The screenshots also feature the NieR Replicant crossover DLC and Dot-Art Set that changes the illustrations on the cards into pixel art.
- Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars releases on PC, Switch and PS4 on October 28th. A demo is now available on all platforms.
For more on this news find it here in Yoko Taro’s Upcoming Voice Of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars Gets New Screenshots And Introduces Characters.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- The latest trailer for Baldur’s Gate 3 called Forging the Arcane – Grymforge features the sixth update for the CRPG continuing the adventure in Early Access across Ebonlake and into Grymforge a brand new area to explore.
- Patch 6 also introduces a new class the Sorcerer which was revealed this month, wielding Wild Magic or Draconic Bloodline descending from the dragon ancestry. The latest update comes with a number of changes and adjustments as well as a graphical overhaul.
- The Sorcerer introduces new spells including Horrific Visage, Chromatic Orb, Cloud of Daggers, Crown of Madness and Enlarge/Reduce.
- If you’re interested in learning about all the latest additions and changes with this patch be sure to check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 6 Patch Notes – New Sorcerer Class, Grymforge, Gameplay Improvements, And More! We also have a brand new Sorcerer Class build guide to get you ready for an adventure into Grymforge.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 is currently in Early Access on Steam. If you’re looking for build guides and more be sure to check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3: Forging The Arcane Trailer Released Featuring New Sorcerer Class And Grymforge.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: