Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Playstation have added some new titles for the month of October which includes Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, Eve: Valkyrie – Warzone and more.
- There are 10 titles being added to the list of the games available on Playstation Now which currently includes titles such as Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin and more. These games can be streamed or downloaded in their native resolution and comes with 5.1 surround sound.
- You can also stream whilst you download the game, so you don’t have to wait to play. Titles support already purchased DLCs (for that title) and PS4 Pro enhancements.
- The new titles include The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Playstation Now Adds ESO, Eve And More This October.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Sony announce that PS4 players will be gaining three items with 30 days early access. The availability of these items will be from launch day for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online.
- So you’ll be able to adorn Arthur Morgan’s grizzly-lined outlaw outfit on day one of launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 which is October 26th.
- More items will make their way on the launch of Red Dead Online in November. Players will be able to obtain an Arabian horse in chestnut red equipped with an alligator skin saddle and a gold detailed high roller double-action revolver.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 will be launching on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on October 26th. Red Dead Online, the online multiplayer mode will be launching sometime in November 2018.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in PS4 Red Dead Redemption 2 Owners Get Limited Exclusive Items.
- Bethesda talked previously about the methods that they would put in place to stop griefing in player vs player combat, and it is now confirmed in recent gameplay that they have made good on that promise.
- According to Dualshockers, Fallout 76 will indeed prevent the act of griefing, allowing those who do not wish to engage in PVP combat to have an out. Not only does the game offer matchmade PvP for those who want to engage in player versus player combat, but will make it a bit of challenge to attack a player who does not fight back.
- If you try to attack a player that does not engage, the level of damage will be a lot lower making the task of killing a random player a lot more difficult. Even if they manage to successfully kill that player, a bounty will then be placed on their head.
- Fallout 76 will release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 14th, 2018 with the B.E.T.A launching on October 23rd 2018 for Xbox One and October 30th for PC/PS4. Pre-orders are already available via Amazon, those who pre-order will have access to the B.E.T.A..
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Fallout 76 Has Preventative PVP Griefing Measures.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire
- Bethesda announces the release dates for upcoming expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire. You will be able to get your hands on the latest DLC as early as end of October. Prologue quests are available now.
- The upcoming Murkmire DLC will be making it’s way to ESO this month, as Bethesda announces via The Elder Scrolls Online website that it will be released on PC/Mac on October 22nd. Followed by PS4 and Xbox One on November 6th.
- The DLC comes with new zones and questlines focusing on the Argonians in Black Marsh. The content comes free for all those who are subscribed with ESO Plus and available for purchase with crowns from the in-game Crown Store. If you fancy getting it for free, you can gain it as a daily reward for November by logging in for 24 days that month.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in ESO: Murkmire Dates Announced For All Platforms.
Rumour: Microsoft Are In The Process Of Acquiring Obsidian
- According to sources known by Kotaku, Microsoft are on the brink of acquiring Obsidian, known for such RPG titles as Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.
- While it is currently unknown how far down the line they are with this deal, sources close to Kotaku have shared that “It’s a matter of when, not if” making it sound that this is more than likely. While some deals do fall apart before they reach a conclusion, another source said it’s “90%” finished.
- Microsoft have not been quiet this year with acquiring four studios which included Playground Games known for Forza Horizon, Ninja Theory known for Hellblade, Compulsion Games known for We Happy Few and Mojang best known for Minecraft.
- Neither Microsoft or Obsidian have confirmed this rumour.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Rumour: Microsoft Are In The Process Of Acquiring Obsidian.
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Ninja Theory’s Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice released last year and sold over 1 million copies. It will now release a physical retail edition on December 4th 2018.
- The title gained a variation of reactions to a game that mixed emotion with a story that was based around mental illness. Safe to say the chilling tale did well with over 1 million copies sold. It was predicted at one point to only sell 150,000 units but quickly surpassed this.
- The physical copy of the PS4 release will be published by 505 Games, also know for publishing Laser League and upcoming title Control.For Xbox One, Microsoft will be in charge of the title’s release as they previously acquired Ninja Theory early this year.
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is currently available digitally on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It will be launching it’s retail physical edition in December for PS4 and Xbox One.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice gets a retail edition for PS4 and Xbox One this December.
Netflix’s The Witcher Series
- Netflix have already shared last month that Henry Cavill will be playing main character Geralt of Rivia. Cavill is best known for his role in Superman. They now share that Freya Allan will be cast as Ciri and Anya Chalotra for the part of Yennefer.
- The news broke from The Hollywood Reporter, who have shared that over 50 roles have already been cast.
- For any writer who takes on a story that has a huge fan base will find the task daunting as artistic vision can vary from person to person. Whether it will reflect the elements that fans know and love will have to be seen. But one thing is for sure is that Hissirch is a “huge fan” of CD Projekt Red’s highly acclaimed game adaptation The Witcher, but admittedly has “tried to steer away from” the games presentation of visuals.
- Netflix’s The Witcher series is currently in the stages of preparation, with production slated to start soon. The show is expected to release in 2020.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Netflix’s The Witcher Show Casts Roles For Yennefer And Ciri.
- THQ Nordic and the developers Gunfire Games have announced their plans to release two DLC packs after the launch of Darksiders III which releases next month.
- The two DLCs titled The Crucible and Keepers of the Void will be released after Darksider III launches on November 27th. In The Cruicible players will face hordes of new enemies in a brand new location, granting players a chance to earn new gear and rewards.
- In Keepers of the Void, main character Fury will venture into the depths of the Serpent Holes, to defeat the evil that lurks there. Players will also have a chance to gain shiny new items from this DLC as well.
- The exact release dates for these DLCs have not been announced but we will keep you updated.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Darksiders III Will Get Two DLC Packs Post Launch.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Ubisoft announce in their press release the latest game in the franchise Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has had it’s best launch records to date for the current console generation.
- The Assassin’s Creed franchise has been around since 2007, with it’s latest entry set in the beautiful backdrop of ancient Greece. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey launched on PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 5th. It’s sales performance has outdone previous franchise records and Ubisoft predict it will be it’s most popular title in the series yet.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is currently available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. If you want to see some of it action be sure to check out the Fextralife Twitch channel to watch our playthrough.
To read the rest of this article you can find it here in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Launch Tops Franchise Figures.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: