Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Genshin Impact, the recently released online Action-RPG will be getting new regions to discover according to an interview with DualShockers and developer miHoYo. The developer revealed that the vast open world that currently hosts two regions, Mondstadt and Liyue, will be expanding in later updates. This includes a Japan-themed area called Inazuma, which will be the next region to be added.
- miHoYo has also confirmed what future updates will hold for Genshin Impact and the new regions of Teyvat. The game currently holds different regions with different characters to represent each area. The latest trailer shows one of the seven regions and teases new characters.
- Also from the list we can see there is going to be a Dendro (nature element) character called Cyno. So far there are no Dendro characters in the game, only Dendro enemies, so this will bring more of a mix in combinations to play.
- Genshin Impact released last week on PC, PS4, iOS, and Android devices, and is free-to-play in with in-game microtransactions (gacha). It receive over 10 million in pre-registrations. If you’re diving into Genshin Impact for the first time, be sure to check out our getting started guide for lots of useful tips. We also have a Genshin Impact wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact New Regions Confirmed By MiHoYo Plus New Characters.
- The official page for Godfall on the Playstation website has confirmed that Godfall will need a PS Plus subscription in order to play. This isn’t too much of a surprise as most games that require co-op do need a PS Plus sub. However, the page also confirms that the game will not have an offline mode, so an online connection will be needed in order to play.
- The same goes for PC, as the game will be reliant on an internet connection, you will need a persistent connection when playing on PC too. The game revolves around drop-in/drop-out co-op, but it looks like even solo campaigns will be needed to be played online.
- Last month Godfall was confirmed as a PS5 launch title, releasing on November 12th. It’s described as a looter-slasher, concentrating on up close melee combat, where you can join up to a team of 3 players.
For more on this news find it here in Godfall Will Not Have An Offline Mode, PS Plus Subscription Required.
Ghost of Tsushima
- Earlier this year Sucker Punch had outlined a new update for Ghost of Tsushima called Legends would be coming out at some point in 2020, adding co-op mode and more. They have now announced the patch version 1.1. update will release on October 16th.
- Sucker Punch has already confirmed that the update will not include any microtransactions according to a recent interview, and the update will be completely free to those who own the game. Legends is a separate mode that doesn’t follow the main character Jin or any of his companions. Instead players to will band together with four warriors total.
- The co-op mode will have group matchmaking from 2-4 players. Each player gets to choose from four character classes: Samurai, Hunter, Ronin and Assassin, which will be based on the Mythic Tales that have been told by people in Tsushima. There is also a 2 player story mission and a post-launch raid coming.
- The trailer previews the classes plus some of the gear players can gain, including new Legends cosmetics which look pretty cool.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima Co-Op Mode Launches Next Week.
- Blue Protocol, the online anime RPG by Bandai Namco has a new job listing (shared by twitter user Renka_schedule) which shares details that the game won’t be releasing until after March 2021. The job listing which is looking for a Localisation Director, put Blue Protocol on the schedule of after March next year. The job post also reveals Bandai Namco are considering ports for consoles as well.
- The translation (via google) reads that the game is going to be the same scope and direction as an MMO, but will focus on action-like battles. The closed-alpha test had already taken place in Japan plus the closed beta.
- There is also the mention of mix-media which is term used for games with other media forms for example anime, mange, novels etc.
For more on this news find it here in Blue Protocol Won’t Release Worldwide Until After March 2021.
Vigil The Longest Night
- Vigil The Longest Night got some real inspiration from Salt & Sanctuary, and now are even adding some crossover content when it releases on October 14th. The 2D souls-like has very much created it’s own intriguing universe, but it will be getting some familiar foes, a unique questline and a “unique” weapon from Salt & Sanctuary.
- Those who own Salt & Sanctuary on Steam can even get a 10% discount for Vigil The Longest Night until October 21st.
- Vigil The Longest Night follows the adventure of the main character who is trying to solve the mystery of the recent disappearance of her sister. The game adds plenty of metroidvania exploration, four weapon types to try and has a host of cosmic horrors inspired by Taiwanese culture. If you’re interested to know more you can check out our Vigil: The Longest Night Preview: Salt & Sanctuary Meets Castlevania.
- Vigil The Longest Night will release on Steam and Nintendo Switch on October 14th. Don’t forget to check out our Twitch channel as we’ll be streaming it when it launches next week. Visit our Twitch schedule to see what we’re playing and when.
For more on this news find it here in Vigil The Longest Night Gets Crossover Content With Salt & Sanctuary.
- The Steam Autumn Festival takes place this week, which will host a number of games, featuring a number of demos. This includes upcoming Black Legend, an alternate historical turn-based tactical RPG, which follows the theme of 17th century alchemy. The demo is now available on Steam to check out.
- Players will use a alchemy based system called Humorism, in which there are have four different instabilities that can be combined to make a devastating Catalyst Attack. You can build and customise your teams using cross class abilities as well as equipment.
- You will need to use your tactical focus when devising strategies to take down enemies, from unit placement to ability combos. Choose from range, melee with different ways to inflict damage including injure, poison and debilitate.
- Black Legend is set to release on PC, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 in early 2021. The Steam Game Festival Autumn Edition ends October 13th.
For more on this news find it here in Black Legend Limited-Time Demo During Steam Autumn Festival.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Baldur’s Gate 3 has been long awaited by fans, and it finally came to Steam early access this week, with so much interest it briefly caused Steam to have issues. Those who tried to purchase the game upon launch were met with error messages or “attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours” according to PCGamesn.
- While it isn’t 100% certain that the issue alone was just due to the Baldur’s Game 3 EA launch, but over on Steamstat.us, it shows a couple of dips in connections over the 24 hour period including when BG3 went live.
- If you’re still unsure whether to pick Baldur’s Gate 3 in early access you can check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access First Impressions: Should You Get BG3 EA? which should answer your questions on where the game is so far.
- This amount of traction is highly understandable as we’ve been having a blast streaming it over on our Fextralife Twitch channel, where Twitch integration has a brought a whole new interactive experience to the game. We also have a bunch of BG3 guides and videos so don’t forget to check them out.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 early access is now available on Steam and Stadia.
- Outriders the co-op shooter that has four classes to take on has now got a release date. Previously it was announced it be coming out in the holiday season of 2020, but as we draw nearer to that window it seems it will now be launching on February 2nd 2021.
- While understandably a bit disappointing to have to wait a bit longer, the trailer does share that Outriders will have full cross-play support, meaning everyone across platforms can co-op together.
- Players will also receive free game upgrades from PS4 to PS5 as well as there is support for Xbox platforms through the smart delivery system. So even if you don’t have the next-gen console by the release date, you can still pick up a copy without the worry. A new release date announcement trailer was released sharing the new launch date.
- Outriders is set to release on February 2nd 2020 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X and PC via the Epic Games Store and Steam. Stadia support will be coming later in 2021.
Final Fantasy XVI
- The recruitment page for Square Enix was updated this week for Final Fantasy XVI. It also revealed some details about the current progress for the RPG.
- Square Enix is currently on the look out for staff to create FF16 maps and dungeons. They are also looking to produce high production cutscenes and characters’ action patterns. The game so far has the foundations complete, including scenario production. The Creative Business Unit III need new recruits to create boss battles and other large scale resources.
- It seems Square Enix will be open to new ideas for Final Fantas y XVI which is being developed for Playstation 5, in particular the action battle system and the maps. At the moment it looks like the Final Fantasy XVI development team are working remotely from home.
- Final Fantasy XVI will be releasing on Playstation 5 sometime in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy XVI Recruitment Page Shares Current Development Progress.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: