Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2021 that Monster Hunter Rise would be releasing on PC on January 12th 2022. Along with the announcement they revealed the debut trailer and IGN Japan released a 9 minute long video previewing gameplay running on PC. A Monster Hunter Rise demo will be coming to Steam on October 13th 2021.
- Confirmed features of Monster Hunter Rise include 4K support, High-Res Textures, Uncapped Framerates, 21:9 Ultrawide Support, and HDR display support according to the Steam page.
- The Monster Hunter Rise Demo will be available on Steam on October 13th and those who take part will be able to gain an Item Pack bonus redeemable in the full game. Pre-order details have also been released which includes gaining a Novice Talisman Palamute and Palico armor.
- Previously Capcom announced the first expansion coming Monster Hunter Rise called Sunbreak will be releasing in Summer 2021 simultaneously on both Switch and PC.
- Monster Hunter Rise is currently available on Nintendo Switch and will be releasing on PC on January 12th 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise PC Gets First Gameplay Footage Revealed; Launches January 12th 2022.
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
- Square Enix and Team Ninja announced that Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin will launch on PS5, Xbox Series X, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store on March 18th 2022 during the Tokyo Game Show 2021.
- A second trial version of the game is now available for a limited time on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S until October 11th. The second trial version includes the contents of the first limited trial released earlier this year in June 2021, and includes a new playable area plus multiplayer function.
- Digital pre-orders are now available for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. PS5 and Xbox Series both are cross-buy meaning include both PS5 and PS4 versions, and Xbox Series has Xbox One version.
- New info was also released this week featuring new characters Neon and Princess Sarah, plus gameplay mechanics, and multiplayer mode which will allow up to three players to join you to complete main story and side missions together.
For more on this news find it here in Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Pre-Orders; Launches March 18th 2022; Trial Version 2 Available Now and Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Gets Details On Neon, Princess Sarah, Battle Actions, Multiplayer & More
Elder Scrolls Online Deadlands
- During the livestream over the weekend, Zenimax revealed that the next DLC Deadlands will be launching on PC, Mac and Stadia on November 1st. The DLC will hit consoles Playstation and Xbox on November 16th.
- The final DLC will round up the year-long Gates of Oblivion content. Deadlands will introduce new areas part of the Daedric realm of Mehrunes Dagon including the Fleapit. This includes new Delves to explore. The zone DLC will be of similar size to previous DLC zones such as Markarth or Dragonhold. In Deadlands players will be able to explore the Prince of Destruction’s realm of Oblivion. This will give players a chance to explore a Deadric realm for the first time in an explorable zone in-game.
- The developer team has also announced that players can also gain the Deadlands DLC for free by completing the Bounties of Blackwood pathfinder achievement for anyone who already owns the latest chapter. Other achievements to unlock include the Pellucid Swamp Jelly Pet and Shadows of Blackwood Markings. You can check out the event progress on the official ESO website, the 100% mark will grant the DLC for those who take part.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Deadlands DLC Launches November 1st.
- Square Enix have been conducting closed beta tests for Babylon’s Fall, with the latest being Phase 2. A third closed beta test has already been set for November. All tests so far has restricted sharing any gameplay, however the developer has revealed some new info about feedback so far and Phase 3 will allow participants to record and stream gameplay this time around.
- In the latest post released on the Hanging Garden official community website, it was revealed that stress testing servers have already begun, with Phase 2 receiving as much as three times the accounts made for Phase 1.
- Changes to the graphic art style is also in progress, with Phase 3 getting a much more detailed oil painting feel. There was also feedback for the gameplay, with participants commenting on the “sluggish movement and low responsiveness”, but with this feedback the developer has already begun plans for the Closed Beta Test 3 to make improvements and adjustments to combat.
- The next scheduled Closed Beta – Phase 3 is set for November, which will be held over 48 hours continuously across Japan, North America and Europe. Phase 3 will include cross-platform multiplay and include the Playstation 5 version. This phase will include six quests and contain significant graphics and gameplay changes. New players can request to join the Phase 3 beta by applying through the Hanging Garden website, deadline is Wednesday, October 27.
Babylon’s Fall is in development for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.
For more on this news find it here in Babylon’s Fall Second Closed Beta Test Feedback Revealed; Phase 3 Set For November.
- A new patch was released for New World this week update 1.0.1 which includes a number of fixes mainly focusing on character server transfer groundwork. It also changes War turret projectiles, AFK exploits prevention to stop players from exploiting methods to stay logged in the game causing further queues and an update for world queues having a confirmation screen for when players attempt to leave queues for a world so they don’t accidentally leave without meaning to.
- The patch also comes with a number fixes with a few focusing on AI such as Pastor Walsh spawning aggressively, also adjusting spawn rates for Bullrush Wash which will now spawn faster, Overseer Zana to respawn slower, and Master Zindt to eliminate duplicated respawns. Other fixes include quests such as missing journal info and more.
- If you want the full details on the major changes with this patch be sure to check out our New World Update 1.0.1 Patch Notes video. You can also head to our New World wiki for all the latest info and builds.
For more on this news find it here in New World Update 1.0.1 Patch Notes: AFK, Fixes, Server Transfer And More.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Larian Studios recently teased a new playable class that would be coming to Baldur’s Gate 3 which is currently in Early Access. A recent tweet on their official Twitter account has revealed the next class to come to the CRPG is The Sorcerer. Those who are attending EGX will be able to check out the new class.
- The new class will be coming as part of the biggest patch yet, patch 6 which has already been announced to be 60 GB. While there isn’t any news so far when this patch will drop, but it will be “around the corner” meaning soon according to their previous tweet.
- The last class to be added to the game was the Druid class, which was added back in February 2021. Another Panel From Hell which goes over in detail new additions and updates has already been planned so we’ll keep an eye out on the next announcements.
- If you enjoyed reading about Baldur’s Gate 3 you can check out the previous update details for the Druid Class in case you missed it. You can also drop by the Baldur’s Gate 3 Wiki for all the latest info and Early Access Baldur’s Gate 3 Builds.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Next Playable Class Is The Sorcerer.
Tales of Arise
- Tales of Arise got both free and paid content this week. The free content includes new difficulty modes Very Easy and Unknown modes, which will offer a new less challenging level of difficulty and one that is much more difficult.
- A further training grounds battle is also available, with the chance to earn new weapons. For paid content players can pick up more costumes for Alphen and Shionne, plus a new Training Grounds fight which follows the theme of Sword Art Online getting to fight both Asuna and Kirito. It is available for $16.
- Previously it was reported that Tales of Arise has now shipped over 1 million copies becoming the franchise’s fastest-selling game in Tales history.
- Tales of Arise is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One and PC. Want to know what we thought of the game? Check out our Tales Of Arise Review: A Beautiful Experience.
For more on this news find it here in Tales Of Arise Adds New Difficulties And Premium Sword Art Online DLC.
Honkai: Star Rail
Genshin Impact developer miHoyo have announced its working on a new game called Honkai: Star Rail with beta sign-ups starting October 8th. While there aren’t a huge amount of details about the game, what we do know is it’s set in space, there are ships and it is in the Honkai universe.
There are now screenshots on the official website which shows a group of characters with weapons, not looking too dissimilar to Genshin Impact. But from the info it looks like it’s going to be a turn-based RPG as opposed to Genshin’s fast-paced action combat. There is also looks to be dungeon-based combat.
The developer has shared beta sign-ups are available through the official Honkai: Star Rail website. The beta will be taking place on iOS and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Developer Reveals New Game Honkai: Star Rail.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: