Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- PlatinumGames director Hideki Kamiya this week talked about Scalebound in a recent interview with Youtube channel Cutscenes. Scalebound was cancelled a few years ago, but the director has now open apologised to publisher Microsoft for the cancellation of the Action-RPG. He expressed that they “weren’t experienced enough” and went on to explain how they were dealing with the unfamiliar territory when it came to developing the game with Unreal Engine.
- Scalebound was an Action-RPG to feature a unique story between main character Drew and an AI dragon called Thuban, who share a health bar not just friendship. It was back in April of last year when Xbox Head Phil Spencer put the nail in the coffin about the cancelled project, dampening hopes of a revival of some kind with confirming that neither Microsoft nor Platinum were working on Scalebound.
For more on this news find it here in PlatinumGames Director Apologies To Microsoft For Scalebound Cancellation.
- Developer OverBorder Games has announced that the Action-RPG Thymesia, originally slated for December 2021 will now be releasing in 2022. The developer has also announced the title will be coming to more platforms which now include Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The tweet explains needing more time to add finishing touches, causing a delay in the launch.
- In case you missed it, Thymesia is a game about a mysterious character Corvus, who has the ability to seize enemy diseases and weaponise them against adversaries. Combat includes offensive abilities, parrying and dodging. Players can also customise Corvus, by upgrading and improving various stats to aid their journey, and to recover Corvus’ memories in the process.
- Thymesia will now be releasing in 2022 on PC via Steam, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
For more on this news find it here in Thymesia The Action-RPG Gets Delayed To 2022.
- Developer Motion Twin have been teasing some additions that are coming to Dead Cells with the latest free update which includes Hollow Knight’s signature pogo jump. Now available in game, Motion Twin have been revealing the different titles gaining a crossover in Dead Cells.
- Update 26 arrived this week adding not only a Hollow Knight’s Pure Nail, but also Blasphemous‘s Face Flash, Skul: The Hero Slayer’s Bone, Curse of the Dead Gods Machete & Pistol, Guacamelee!’s Polo Power and Hyper Light Drifter’s Gun & Sword weapons.
- Dead Cells is currently available to play on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android.
For more on this news find it here in Hollow Knight’s Attack Comes To Dead Cells With Free Update 26.
- The Golden Joy Awards 2021 have awarded Dark Souls the title of the Ultimate Game of All Time. The award was voted in by the public, as part of the celebration that marks 50 years of gaming. The category seems to have taken a wide look at genres as the contenders included the likes of Tetris, Metal Gear Solid and The Last of Us. Taking second place was Doom, followed by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which came in third. Elden Ring also snapped up the award for Most Wanted Game.
- While FromSoftware weren’t able to be there in person to pick up the award, but on behalf of both From and Bandai Namco, PR, communications & events director Wouter Van Vugt accepted the award. FromSoftware are no doubt busy with the launch of Elden Ring, which was recently announced that the release will be delayed to February 2022.
- What do you think of the nominees’ list? Would you have voted differently? Let us know in the comments below. You can also vote and check out the nominees for The Game Awards 2021 which will be happening this December. Elden Ring has also been nominated for Most Anticipated Game for the second year running.
For more on this news find it here in Dark Souls Wins Ultimate Game Of All Time At Golden Joystick Awards 2021.
The Elder Scrolls 6
- Ever since Microsoft acquired The Elder Scrolls studio Bethesda, rumours of a possible exclusivity deal for Xbox consoles has been in the wind. In an interview with GQ this month, Xbox head Phil Spencer has pointed in that direction. The interview covered a number of topics including Starfield’s already confirmed Xbox and PC exclusive, “Spencer says he sees the same goes for The Elder Scrolls VI”.
- He also explains how “It’s not about punishing any other platform”. He goes on to share “But in order to be on Xbox, I want us to be able to bring the full complete package of what we have…”
- The full complete package that he talks about in the article seems to be what Microsoft offers to gamers including Xbox Live Game Pass, Cloud Gaming and other Xbox features that are all part of the Xbox system, which might not be available if released on another platform.
- While it isn’t too surprising to hear that Elder Scrolls 6 is going in the direction of an Xbox console exclusive, that’s only one of the few details we know so far. The Elder Scrolls 6 has yet to see anything further than a teaser trailer that was first revealed at E3 2018. Bethesda is currently developing Starfield which sets to release on November 11th 2022. But previously Bethesda Game Studios president Pete Hines explained last year that it would be some time before we get to see more of ES6.
For more on this news find it here in The Elder Scrolls VI Looks To Be An Xbox Exclusive.
- MiHoyo revealed revealed this week new characters coming to the online RPG Genshin Impact which are Yun Jin and Shenhe. Yun Jin was revealed to be a director of an opera troupe, while Shenhe is a member of a clan of exorcists.
- Both playable characters appeared on the official Twitter account in posts, previewing their artwork and details. Shenhe’s character will wield a Polearm and Cryo abilities, while Yun Jin’s vision is Geo and also uses a Polearm.
- Currently, there is no official release date for these characters but could be arriving with update version 2.4 as this is what has similarly happened in the past when new characters are announced close to update version releases.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact New Playable Characters Revealed Shenhe & Yun Jin.
- Matt Goldman who was the senior director of the Dragon Age series has now left Bioware having “mutually” parted ways.
- In an announcement that was made by studio GM Gary McKay via an email sent to Bioware staff (reported by Kotaku), they shared the director had left the company and assured that their departure would not impact the game’s development. The developer also expressed having “absolute confidence in the leadership” of the team.
- Goldman first became a part of Bioware in 1998 and worked as an artist on titles such as Baldur’s Gate and the Jade Empire as well as working on the first few Dragon Age games. He then went on to work with Ensemble before returning to take over as senior creative director on Dragon Age 4. At the moment there is no word on who will be replacing Goldman.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Age’s Senior Creative Director Leaves BioWare.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has received two free small DLCs called Faces of War and Love Beyond Death this week. The DLCs are available for free for anyone who owns the game.
- Faces of War adds a couple of new portraits, hairstyle options, beards and colour options as well. You can now zoom in on your character from the character menu to get a better look.
- In Love Beyond Death, a new area is available in chapter 5, where players can “witness a celebration of love turned into a deadly trap” according to the Steam post. This chapter covers the new Bear’s Maw Shrine area where you can see the consequences of the demonic invasion which happens smack in the middle of a wedding.
- If you’ve been meaning to pick up this title now’s a great time as the game is currently 15% off on Steam and the Epic Games Store. If you’re looking for more info on this game be sure to drop by our Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Gets Two Free DLCs.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom have now confirmed that the PC version of Monster Hunter Rise when it launches on January 12th 2022 will also include the post-launch content that has already been released for the Switch version.
- Capcom has been releasing post-launch content for MHR since its launch on Switch back in March of this year. This includes bringing new monsters and the proper ending to the Kamura Village story arc. There have also been some collaborations, additions such as with Sonic the Hedgehog which brings hunter and palamute Sonic styled gear, and a themed quest.
- In a new post on Steam, Capcom has outlined that Monster Hunter Rise will include all content featured on the Switch edition, all the way up to the most recent Ver.3.6.1 when it arrives in January. This will include monsters Teostra, Kushala, Chameleos, Apex Diablos, Apex Rathalos, Crimson Glow Valstrax and Apex Zinogre.
- Capcom have already announced that the PC version will not come with cross-platform or cross-saves. So if you’re planning to pick up the title on PC and already have it on Switch, you will be having a fresh start and won’t be able to use the same account.
- Monster Hunter Rise is currently available on Switch and coming to PC on January 12th 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise PC Version To Include All Switch Post-Launch Content On Day 1 Release and Monster Hunter Rise Sonic The Hedgehog Collaboration Now Live.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
- Black Geyser Couriers of Darkness has received a major update called Phase 2 in Early Access. The update adds some major features including 3 additional main quests, new side quests, 6 new locations, as well as combat updates and more. There are also new boss fights adding new challenges for players to face. You can now also experience a revamped introduction to the game which has more info, more player guidance and options of how to complete it.
- Players will be able to explore new places in Isilmerald such as the frozen harbor of Freynager which is separated from the city by a huge ice dome. There’s also Amanuel’s Hoard, a seaside fort owned by “the greediest man in history” according to the press release.
- Black Geyser: Courier of Darkness is now available on Steam and GOG Early Access.
For more on this news find it here in Black Geyser Receives Major New Features In Early Access.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: