Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Devil May Cry
- Capcom’s Devil May Cry is getting its very own Netflix animated series but that’s not the only amazing news, there will be a crossover. Devil May Cry “will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse” is what producer Adi Shankar told fans.
- How this will tie in with the current seasons of Netflix’s Castlevania is not currently known, whether it is a spin-off series that integrates with the two franchises or a standalone DMC series will have to be seen. Castlevania recently received its second season in October and has been met with praise from fans.
- Devil May Cry 5 the latest entry in the series which will be coming to PS4, PC and Xbox One on March 8th 2019 and is now available to pre-order.
To read more about this news find it here: Devil May Cry Animated Series Announced And Will Crossover With Netflix’s Castlevania.
- A recent patch for the action-RPG Immortal Unchained brings a bunch of new weapons, major balancing changes and more variations to weapon ranges.
- In the latest patch notes Immortal Unchained gets some updates which includes eight new weapons. Players will now be able to enjoy a greater variation when it comes to the range of weapon archetypes.
- There are also some changes to builds, weapons requirements are more varied according to player stats and there is an increase to stat requirements. This adds more weight when it comes to making builds in-game. There is also now a chance to respec characters if you aren’t happy with your current build after the Invasion.
- Immortal Unchained is currently available to play on on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
To read more about this news find it here: Immortal Unchained Patch Brings New Weapons And More.
Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Larian Studios released a new Game Master Mode campaign for Divinity: Original Sin 2 set in the world of The Dark Eye.
- In a collaboration with the creators of the well known The Dark Eye tabletop RPG Ulisses Spiele, Larian Studios new Game Master Mode campaign takes players into a new world. The campaign called the Prison of Shadow will allow fans of the Dark Eye universe to explore new adventures and perils with their party.
- In a group of three to five players, your bold party of explorers will take on a journey to the abandoned dwarven city where they’ll meet the cultists of the Nameless God.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. The new Game Master Mode campaign will launched on November 21st 2018 for PC.
To read more about this news find it here: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets Free Game Master Campaign Set In The Dark Eye Universe.
Monster Hunter Movie
- We heard that the Monster Hunter movie was well into production, most recently we heard what the producer Paul W.S. Anderson had to say about his role behind the film and we now get the first official look at a scene straight from the production.
- In a tweet from the official Sony Twitter account, they release a shot of Milla Jovovich and action star Tony Jaa running through the desert. Jaa takes on the role of the Hunter and he wields the Giant Jawblade which is from Monster Hunter World.
- Some fans are saying that Jaa’s outfit is looking pretty similar to the Field Team Leader from Monster Hunter World, as Anderson said he was taking characters from the games, this might give more insight to Jaa’s role or at least his outfit inspiration.
To read more about this news find it here: Sony Releases First Image From The Upcoming Monster Hunter Movie.
Kingdom Heart III
- Square Enix announce that Kingdom Hearts III has gone gold, this means its ready to fly onto the physical and virtual shelves…well once its release date rolls by next year.
- In an extended trailer that gives fans a recap of the many worlds that crossover in the Disney extravaganza, Kingdom Hearts III is ready to be shipped out for its release in January 2019. The latest trailer pulls out all the stops in this very Hollywood film-esque way, it will be shown in cinema across North America so it suits that platform.
- The latest does what it needs to do by reminding all of the upcoming heroes that will appear in the third instalment. The likes of characters from Hercules, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Frozen and even Pirates of the Caribbean will be making their appearance.
- Kingdom Hearts III will be releasing on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on January 29th 2019 and is available for pre-order via Amazon.
To read more about this news find it here: Kingdom Hearts III Goes Gold And Releases New Recap Trailer
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – The Forgotten Sanctum
- Obsidian announce via a post on their forums the release date for their upcoming DLC The Forgotten Sanctum for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire which will launch on December 13th 2018.
- The Forgotten Sanctum follows the vanishing of archmage Maura, after the earth shattering tremors take hold of the islands of the Deadfire. It is in the newly opened dungeon that adventurers must seek out Maura and the threat that has now awakened there. This quest to find the archmage will determine the outcome of the Deadfire Archipelego’s most hidden mysteries.
- Along with the DLC comes Patch 4.0., this will contain some new features including additional sub-classes, challenges and two new Mega Bosses.
- While this update doesn’t include info on console versions of Deadfire, the developers assures players that there will be an update regarding Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch in the near future.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is currently available to play on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this news find it here: Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire Upcoming DLC The Forgotten Sanctum And Patch 4.0 Releases December 13th
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Season Pass
- Owlcat Games and Deep Silver announce the details for their Season Pass and DLCs, the first of which is coming to Pathfinder: Kingmaker on December 6th.
- Their Season Pass will contain the next upcoming three DLCs and will be priced $24.99. All DLCs can be purchased separately but individual prices are yet to be announced.
- The first DLC will be called The Wildcards which releases on December 6th. This expansion brings a new playable race called Tielfings, a new playable class Kineticists and a new character the Tiefling Kineticist along with an intriguing backstory.
- The next DLCs will be Varnhold’s Lot which releases in February 2019 and Beneath the Stolen Lands in April 2019.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker is currently available to play on Windows, Mac and Linux.
To read more about this news find it here: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Season Pass Revealed With DLC Details.
NieR Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition
- The highly acclaimed action-RPG Nier: Automata is getting a Game of the Year Edition…well actually Game of the YoRHa Edition according to a recent ESRB rating.
- The game title that has now been listed on the ESRB rating website shares that a Game of the Year (GOTY) edition is on its way or better known as Game of the YoRHa. However, under platform it’s only Windows PC and Playstation 4 that’s been listed. Whether Xbox One will be receiving a version is still unknown.
- Nier: Automata is an action-RPG that follows the story of two androids as they explore a world that has been void of humanity and enveloped by machines.
- Nier: Automata is available to play on PS4, Xbox one and PC. No news as of yet when the GOTY edition will be released.
To read more about this news find it here: NieR: Automata Game Of The YoRHa Edition On The Way According To ESRB Rating
Bard’s Tale 4 Patch
- InXile Entertainment’s latest The Bard’s Tale 4 launched back in September with a few issues for players, now addressing these concerns a huge patch has dropped that brings anywhere game saving, perma-death, Grid mode and more.
- In the latest patch, some features have been added and bug fixes that will make your adventures go a little more smoothly. You can now save at any point in the game, previously players had to venture to a Luck Stone before they could save their game.
- If you’ve wanted to add some more challenge to your game you can now disable Auto-Resurrect, this means that characters within the game will only be brought back upon finding a Luck Stone. There is also the addition of Perma-Death, which means no amount of game saving will help you. Your save file will be automaticallyS deleted upon the demise of your entire party.
- The Bard’s Tale 4 is available to play on PC and is coming to Mac, Xbox One, and PS4 in the future. You can check out our guides for help with your next adventure.
To read more about this news find it here: Bard’s Tale 4 Large Patch Addresses Player Concerns
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: