Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Path of Exile 2 Plus Announcements
- During Exilecon, Grinding Gear Games had a number of announcements which included updates and plans for next year.
- Among these announcements came the major news of Path of Exile 2 which will not only add a new campaign featuring 7 new acts but a number of game changes including 19 new Ascendancy Classes and graphics update.
- But along with the news of Path of Exile 2 or 4.0., came news of updates happening before the release of this entire new campaign. Update 3.9 known as Conquerors of the Atlas was announced, a new league Metamorph and the unveiling of Path of Exile mobile.
- In Path of Exile 2, there will be seven new act stories that take place 20 years after the end of the first game. Many changes will come with this including the game’s core systems and reworked mechanics for each of the game’s seven character classes. Along with these gameplay changes are some visual overhauls with physics-based rendering to give a more “realistic look”.
- When it is released it will offer “one game, two campaigns’, meaning players can choose whether they want to run the Path of Exile 2 campaign.
- Grinding Gear Games has not announced a release date for Path of Exile 2 yet. But the website does mention that the developer will most likely be holding a beta in late 2020.
- Update 3.9 Conquerors of the Atlas update and the new Metamorph league will release on December 13th for PC. The mobile game is still in development and no release date has been announced as of yet.
- Publisher Square Enix has shared in an interview that Babylon’s Fall by developer PlatinumGames will be receiving some news before the year is out.
- It was back 2018 at E3 when Square Enix had announced Babylon’s Fall for PS4 and Steam. Developed by Platinum Games was pretty much all the information they shared, except for a teaser trailer showing a timeline that called out the year CE 5470, known as the “Awakening”.
- The type of game hasn’t been shared, however from the trailer it could have been teasing an action-RPG of some sort from the type of combat we see and four individual characters which could be representative of classes. Platinum Games has also published such titles as Nier: Automata.
- But an interview on Automaton with Yosuke Saito, a producer at Square Enix, has shared that Babylon’s Fall is still in development and news would be released before the end of 2019. Saito was one of the producers for Dragon Quest X, an MMORPG.
For more about this news find it here in Babylon’s Fall News Is Coming Before End Of 2019.
Xbox RPG Focus
- In an interview on Xbox On, head of Xbox Phil Spencer shares his thoughts on what Xbox needs more of, answering RPGs and wanting to make them more of a focus for the company.
- He mentioned such past titles as “Mass Effect 1, Jade Empire, Fable” as the inspiration behind this vision, as well as more recent releases The Outer Worlds and upcoming Wasteland 3. He shared “I think RPG is an area we purposely focused on and wanted to do more”.
- If you look back on the studios that Microsoft have acquired it’s apparent there is an interest in growing their RPG titles with inXile Entertainment known for Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep. As well as Obsidian with Pillar of Eternity II: Deadfire and most recently the sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds, all now working with Xbox Game Studios. There are also rumours of Fable 4 still whispering in the wind.
- Any new RPG projects will also be preparing for the next generation of console Xbox Scarlett as well as Project xCloud.
For more about this news find it here in Phil Spencer Wants RPGs As A Focus For Xbox Game Studios.
Dragon Quest Builders 2
- Square Enix will bring the sandbox RPG Dragon Builders 2 to Steam this December.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 combines the love of building things with the action of combat in an RPG sandbox, and it’s coming to Steam on December 10th. The title follows an alternate storyline it is still based on the Dragon Quest story, as it follows as if the villain from Dragon Quest II still lived on.
- Those who purchase on Steam will get the base game and all the previously released DLC. This includes the Hotto Stuff Pack, Aquarium Pack and Modernist Pack giving players a range of content, recipes and cosmetics to enjoy. If you pre-order you will also gain a few bonus recipes as well.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 is now available to pre-order on Steam for $59.99 along with pre-order bonuses.
For more about this news find it here in Dragon Quest Builders 2 Comes To PC This December 2019.
The Game Award Nominees
- This year there are some top contenders for the various categories for The Game Awards 2019 happening on December 12th. On a night that celebrates the notable releases of the year. Death Stranding, Resident Evil 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, The Outer Worlds and Disco Elysium are just a few of the games that have made it onto the list.
- A number of these games have scored multiple categories, such as FromSoftware’s Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice nominated for Game of the Year, Best Game Direction and Best Action/Adventure Game.
- For the RPG category there’s quite a list with Disco Elysium from ZA/UM, Final Fantasy XIV from Square Enix, Kingdom Hearts III also from Square Enix, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne from Capcom and The Outer Worlds from Obsidian Entertainment / Private Division.The Game Awards are also time where announcements will be made, we’re still hoping to see more of Elden Ring, which has yet to gain more than a teaser trailer, you can check out Everything We Know About Elden Ring to know more.
- If you want to cast your vote search TGA Vote through Google.
- The Game Awards 2019 will be livestreamed on December 12 at 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET on Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
For more about this news find it here in The Game Awards 2019 Nominees Revealed.
- Gust reveals in the latest issue of Famitsu this week (translate by Gematsu) that there are further characters coming to Fairy Tail. When we caught up with the developer at Koei Tecmo earlier this month, Keisuke Kikuchi the producer shared they would be focusing on adding “as many characters as possible to enrich the world of Fairy Tail for fans”.
- Making good on this, characters Rogue Cheney, Kagura Mikazuchi, Sherria Blendy, Sting Eucliffe, and Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki will be all options as playable characters according to Gust.
- Some further info was also shared including Mode Change, a strengthened state that some characters can use and Super Magic, where Makarov will support you with Super Magic which has a chance to be triggered with continual magic cooporation.
- Fairy Tail is set to release on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and PC via Steam in Spring 2020.
For more about this news find it here in Fairy Tail Game Introduces More Playable Characters.
- Publisher THQ Nordic have released a new trailer featuring Darksiders Genesis abilities.
- The trailer highlights the “Creature Core” system, players can use to upgrade and customise their horseman’s battle skills. There is a choice of choosing the horseman Strife or War, who both start with a number of different attacks, they can gain more skills as you progress.
- These “Creature Cores” can be gained by defeating enemies and bosses. You can also visit Vulgrim, who will offer these in exchange for souls.
- Darksiders Genesis will be coming in the form of a top-down action title, similar to Diablo. It will pit players against enemies in a dungeon-crawler, you’ll kill monsters and gain loot.
- Darksiders Genesis will release on PC and Stadia on December 5th. Playstation 4, Xbox One and Switch versions will release on February 14th 2020.
For more about this news find it here in Darksiders Genesis Abilities Trailer.
Divinity Original Sin Board Game
- Larian Studios have launched a Kickstarter to help fund a Divinity Original Sin Board Game, but 1 day in and they have already reached their goal. The campaign sets to involve an evolving storyline and has a price set for pre-orders at $120.
- Previously Larian has used Kickstarter to fund their RPGs Divinity Original Sin and Divinity Original Sin 2. For this project the goal is set at $160,000 which has already been reached with over 1000 backers having supporting a $220 or more pledge which gains them a Divinity Original Sin Extended Edition.
- The game consists of adventuring through the world of Divinity, whether you plan to go it alone or play with up to 4 players., choosing your character will determine your traits and abilities. The story will direct you on the different locations you will encounter, some leading to bountiful rewards while others may lead to danger and combat.
- The board game uses the Chronicle System which means your choices will also impact the future of board game in terms of expansion, once you submit your choices made during your adventure with your one-time code, the developers Lynnvander Studios will decide where to take the game next.
- If this project has caught your attention and wish to back it, you can visit the Divinity Original Sin The Board Game Kickstarter which has just under a month to go.
For more about this news find it here in Divinity Original Sin The Board Game Kickstarter Launched.
Arc of Alchemist
- Publisher Idea Factory has announced that Arc of Alchemist will launch in west for PS4 and Nintendo Switch in January 2020.
- Arc of Alchemist developed by Compile Heart is coming Playstation 4 and Switch on January 30th 2020 for North America and on January 31st for those in Europe.
- The game follows the story of a captain called Quinn Bravesford as she leads her soldiers into battle, on a mission to fight back against the enemy nations now threatening her kingdom.
- Possessing an ancient alchemic device called Lunagear, it is rumoured to unlock Great Power with the use of its four orbs, but currently is only holds one.
- The game has seven-plus playable characters, each specialising in unique weapons, attacks and abilities. Players will need to build a strong base for their party to relax and reconvene during battles, planning for the next attack. The gameplay features action-RPG combat with a newly polished battle system and UI.
For more about this news find it here in Arc Of Alchemist Launches On PS4 And Switch In North America And Europe In January 2020.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: