Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Cygames held a Tech Conference last weekend which revealed new footage for the Action-RPG Project Awakening. The last we saw of the game was back in 2018 when a trailer was finally revealed during TGS.
- Now new footage has been unveiled featuring the Cyllista engine demo on which the game runs on, confirmed by the official Cygames Tech Con website. This video features the game’s terrain and foliage. While it doesn’t give any new details about the gameplay, it does show some beautiful scenery, and what to expect in terms of surroundings in the game.
- When we last talked to Cygames back in 2019, they still had a few finer details to pin down, whether it would be heavily story-driven or focus more on gameplay. What we do know is that the high-fantasy concept seems to be prevalent, with big boss battles to look forward to.
For more on this news find it here in Project Awakening Gets New Footage Featured At Cygames Tech Conference.
Salt and Sacrifice
- In the latest footage released by developers Ska Studios and Devoured Studios for upcoming sequel Salt and Sacrifice, we get a closer look at mage hunting, crafting and also online co-op.
- The story setup for Salt and Sacrifice is that the main character is a Marked Inquisitor who’s sentenced to hunt and destroy Mages. Mages are powerful beings who have been corrupted by elemental energy, and it is down to Marked Inquisitors to rid them.
- While you can expect plenty of exploring like in the previous title Salt and Sanctuary, the sequel brings new Mage Hunts, multi-phase pursuits which extend throughout regions of the map you’ve already explored, resulting in major boss battles.
- Another feature shown during the video is online co-op. This means being able to take down challenging bosses together and using each other’s builds to complement each other’s combat.
- Salt and Sacrifice will be coming Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and PC via the Epic Games Store in Q1 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Salt And Sacrifice New Gameplay Features Mage Hunting, Crafting And Online Co-Op.
- Outriders got a free update this week which arrived on November 16th called New Horizon for all platforms. An expansion will also be arriving next year 2022 called Worldslayer.
- Developer People Can Fly have outlined some details about the free update which introduces four new Expeditions as well as an all-new Transmog system. Changes also came with New Horizon which includes removed timers in Expeditions, new weapon skins, rebalanced Classes, Skills and Mods. Tiagos Expedition store and vendor items are getting a major overhaul, with general improvements and updates.
- The first expansion Worldslayer will be joining next year as a paid addition. This will uncover secrets of Enoch and continue to explore the world. A full reveal for the expansion will happen in spring 2022, which means the release won’t be until after spring.
- Outriders is available on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store and Stadia. Drop by our Outriders wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Outriders New Horizon Update Launches November 16th, Worldslayer Expansion In 2022.
- Developer Shiro Games and publisher Shiro Unlimited have announced the tactical RPG Wartales will be coming to Steam Early Access on December 1st. Shiro is the same developer behind Evoland and Northgard.
- This latest title is set nearly a century after the Great Plague, where the Edoran Empire has been ravaged by death and its inhabitants struggle for survival.
- Described as “an expansive low-fantasy world”, players will embark into dangerous work as part of the Warband, taking jobs for the right price. Visit taverns, farms, and duchies across the Edoran Empire, searching for the right people to help grow your band of mercenaries.
- Wartales will release on Steam Early Access on December 1st 2021 in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Portuguese for $34.99 USD.
For more on this news find it here in Wartales A Tactical RPG Heads To Steam Early Access December 1st 2021.
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 had a small news update as part of the Q3 interim report for publisher Paradox Interactive. The publisher has shared that they are “happy with the progress” currently being made for Bloodlines 2 which is now under a new mystery developer. They also went on to share that it would be “quite some time” until they would be in a position to provide an update on the release date.
- Bloodlines 2 is now under a “very reputable and talented” developer according to Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester which currently hasn’t been named by the publisher. Wester shared they have “high hopes” that this title will “be a good game that meets our players’ desires”.
- In a live Q&A following the interim report, Paradox explained they rather not disclose the name of the developer and let them “focus fully on the game development” without fans reaching out to them.
For more on this news find it here in Paradox Shares It’s “Happy” With Bloodlines 2 Progress.
Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
- Riot Games unexpectedly released the turn-based RPG Ruined King: A League of Legends Story this week which was launched during a special event in which the company shared details about more games underway.
- Ruined King is a turn-based RPG developed by Airship Syndicate who also worked on Darksiders: Genesis. The game was planned to be launched in early 2021 but was delayed to later this year for an unspecified date. In a rather fast twist of events, Riot officially announced the release date and released the game on Tuesday.
- The story follows the two regions in Runeterra, Bilgewater which is a port townhome to sea monster hunters, dock gangs and smugglers. Then there is the Shadow Isles, a land cursed with the deadly Black Mist. This island will corrupt all who come in contact with it. A mysterious enemy must be defeated by players, taking on the roles of League of Legends infamous champions, Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Braum, Yasuo, Ahri and Pyke.
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is now available on Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store, PS4 and Xbox One for $39.99 USD.
For more on this news find it here in League Of Legends RPG Gets Surprise Sudden Release.
- Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Piranha Bytes have released a new trailer featuring the factions of ELEX II. ELEX II will have five playable factions according to the latest trailer, the Berserkers, the Outlaws, the Albs, the Clerics and the Morkons. Each faction offers their own unique weapons and skills. Towards the end of the trailer we get to see the main character use a light-up jetpack to fly around, there is even some in air combat.
- The first title ELEX was released in 2017 as a single-player Action-RPG by the same developer who worked on the Gothic and Risen series. In ELEX II players will return to the post-apocalyptic set sci-fi world of Magalan. The world is a mix of sci-fi and medieval-looking fantasy.
- ELEX II will be releasing on Playstation 5, Xbox Series, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on March 1st 2022.
For more on this news find it here in ELEX II Factions Trailer Released.
Star Wars The Old Republic: Legacy of the Sith
- Bioware held a livestream this week which unveiled new footage for their upcoming expansion Star Wars: The Old Republic – Legacy of the Sith which will be releasing on December 14th 2021. The expansion comes with new features, locations and abilities. This also includes new combat styles, a return to Manaan and new horror-inspired Operation and Flashpoint events.
- During the livestream the developer revealed a number of new characters and returning characters that will be appearing in the expansion. Returning Characters include Darth Malgus, Major Anri, Arn Peralun, Lana Beniko, Tau Idair and Darth Rivix. New Characters joining this expansion are Colonel Gallo, Colonel Korrd and Darth Norok.
- This Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion is quite an important one as Bioware also shared that this will be the “foundation” of SWTOR for the next 10 years according to project director Keith Kanneg.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Legacy of the Sith will launch on PC on December 14th 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Star Wars: The Old Republic – Legacy Of The Sith Expansion Launches December 14th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: