Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- At the BlizzCon 2019 Blizzard finally announced what fans have been waiting for, Diablo 4.
- It was during the opening ceremony for BlizzCon 2019 that Blizzard finally decided to share a cinematic confirming the existence of Diablo IV at long last.
- There were some rumours and leaks leading up to BlizzCon, this confirms the action-RPG coming to PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- The cinematic shown, introduces events just before all hell breaks loose, three explorers who “willingly” unleash the creator, Lilith. It is set decades after the happenings of Reaper of Souls.
- Fans can expect deep character customisation including talent trees and skills, loot including legendary/set items, runes/rune combinations and personalised mounts. Blizzard also revealed three classes, Barbarian, Sorceress and Druid.
- The release date was not revealed, but platforms pc, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were announced.
- If you want a breakdown of all the Diablo 4 released details so far, you can check out our Everything We Know Diablo 4 video.
To read more about this news find it here in Diablo IV Announcement And Info.
- Developer Snapshot Games have announced the release date for Phoenix Point along with a new platform PS4, along with Xbox One release date.
- Phoenix Point will be launching on PC via the Epic Games Store on December 3rd at 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET. Xbox One will be launching in the first quarter of 2020, followed by Playstation 4 later on in 2020.
- Phoenix Point is a strategy game created by the same mind of the original XCOM series. Dubbed the spiritual successor, Phoenix Point will pit players against aliens, but with the added element of these aliens being able to take DNA from different species, altering themselves in the process.
To read more about this news find it here in Phoenix Point Launches December 3rd For PC, Xbox One And PS4 In 2020.
- In a recent interview, Gust shares more about upcoming JRPG Fairy Tail, plus working on four projects currently.
- In an interview with Actugaming at Paris Games Week 2019, new details were revealed about upcoming JRPG Fairy Tail developed by Gust. The studio well known for their Atelier franchise shared that they were in fact working on four projects at this time which includes “an upcoming workshop”.
- Kikuchi also explained that Fairy Tail is an opportunity to reach a more international audience, as in the past games such as the Atelier series mainly “touched the Japanese public”. Also it was chosen not just because of good timing, but as Kikuchi is also a “big fan” of the series.
- We recently got to play Fairy Tale, if you want to check out more about the gameplay be sure to read our Hands-On Preview.
To read more about this news find it here in Gust Shares More Details About Fairy Tail.
Rumour: Dragon Age 4
- A new tweet by developer of Dragon Age 4 BioWare could be suggesting new info for the game next month. Next month is the 10 year anniversary of the Dragon Age franchise and a tweet by Bioware, the developer of upcoming Dragon Age 4 suggests there may be some news. December 4th will mark a decade of Dragon Age and Bioware looks to be joining the festivities with the community, but it could also mean they may unveil some details about the next instalment.
- Dragon Age 4 was first revealed during TGA 2018, where a short teaser was shown confirming the game. Since then there hasn’t been any further information concerning the game.
- But with the anniversary around the corner there could be some sort of snippet of further info.
To read more about this news find it here in Rumour: Dragon Age 4 Info Could Be Released By Bioware Next Month.
ESO Free Play
- If you’re looking to test drive Elder Scrolls Online you can for the next week during the Free Play Event which starts Wednesday 6th November at 10:00 AM EST until Wednesday 13th November at 10:00 AM EST. You can pick up the ESO base game on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One, no purchase needed.
- So what do you do while the event is on? You can create a character with the choice of four classes, Nightblade, Templar, Dragonknight and Sorcerer. Take an adventure across 23 different zones and experience the main questline which has an immersive storyline and fantastic voice acting.
- The starting zone for the base game is Morrowind, home to the Dark Elves. If you’re wondering where to start you can check out our ESO Beginners Guide for all the basics.
To read more about this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Collaboration events return to Monster Hunter World this November as Capcom announce the dates for upcoming Raccoon City which will add new event quests featuring a Resident Evil 2 theme including some zombie goodies.
- There is also Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds on PS4 which fits theme of the frosty Iceborne expansion pretty well.
- Leon, Claire and Tyrant will be paying a visit to Iceborne for the Raccoon City collaboration, which will start on November 7th at 4PM PT.
- This special collaboration will allow hunters to gain materials from completing the event quest for those who are Master Rank 20 or above. You can craft Leon α+ and Claire α+ layered armor sets and three Raccoon City themed pendants including a jiggly piece of tofu.
- The Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds event is exclusive to PS4 players which adds Aloy to Hoarfrost Reach.
- The first round of the collab will commence on November 21st, giving those with MR24 or more, the chance to craft a Light Bowgun following the theme of Aloy’s Stormslinger Prototype.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Raccoon City And All-New Horizon Zero Dawn Collaboration Event.
- While Capcom isn’t working on the action-RPG, developer Yoshinori Ono shares there’s still maybe hope for Deep Down.
- Yoshinori Ono is a prominent figure at Capcom, who started out as a developer and became the producer of Street Fighter IV.
- He was asked by Eurogamer recently what is happening with the action-RPG Deep Down. Deep Down was announced back in February 2013 and has since received little news.
- Yoshinori Ono explained while the original team are no longer together, they have “kept the trademark registered” meaning “it’s not been completely given up on”.
To read more about this news find it here in Deep Down Action-RPG Still Has Hope.
Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Latest trailer for Pokemon Sword and Shield introduces new items which affect Pokemon stats as well as special moves which can be acquired at the Pokemon Nursery.
- The new trailer shows off some of the items players will find in game in the form of supplements, that’s right if you feed your chosen Pokemon a whole lot of Calcium for example, it will affect it’s stats such increasing it’s special attack points.
- This wasn’t the only feature shown in the trailer, it also explored “Egg Moves” these are special moves that can be learnt from another egg hatched Pokemon when both placed at the Pokemon Nursery.
- Pokemon Sword and Shield will be released on November 15th
To read more about this news find it here in Pokemon Sword And Shield Trailer Highlights New Items And Features.
The Outer Worlds
- While Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds released in October for other platforms, the Switch version has still yet to be announced for its launch date. Take-Two Interactive who are responsible for the port, released a financial report for Q2 2019 narrowing down the release window which will be during the fiscal year of 2020.
- This means sometime after January 1st and before March 31st 2020, which is the end of Take Two’s fiscal year.
- There has already been a major RPG port of The Witcher 3, which had to under go some downgrading in terms of graphics to run smoothly on the Switch. It will be interesting to see how The Outer Worlds turns out on the hybrid device.
- The Outer Worlds is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will release in the Nintendo Switch sometime before March 31st 2020. If you’re curious to know what we thought of the game, be sure to check out our The Outer Worlds Review: Immense Interstellar Fun.
To read more about this news find it here in The Outer Worlds Nintendo Switch Port Release Window Narrowed Down.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: