Last updated on May 9th, 2019
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Kingdom Hearts 3
- According to an article by IGN a Twitter user by the name of Yanilyn Gaming who attended the Kingdom Hearts concert held in Japan, shared that the director of Kingdom Hearts 3 Tetsuya Nomura announced that a paid DLC will be underway, known as ReMIND.
- Not only will the DLC feature an additional scenario, but a new “limit episode plus boss” and “secret episode plus boss”. The paid DLC will also have an English voice acting option. But the tweet also outlines a new free keyblade and new form.
- Supposedly according to the Twitter user more information will arrive in June, which is the same month that E3 2019 takes place. With Square Enix already confirming their spot for June 10th.
- This isn’t the first time we have heard of more DLC coming to KH3 as previously Nomura has mentioned a free DLC would be added (which was the addition of Critical Mode) and a large paid DLC. So far there is no information about when and how much the DLC will cost.
To read more about the new find it here in Rumour: Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMIND DLC Announced.
Final Fantasy XIV
- If you’ve been wanting to dive into Final Fantasy XIV, now is a great time as the Golden Week Sale is on with 50% off the complete edition.
- You can purchase the Final Fantasy XIV complete edition now for $29.99 during this week until May 6th. The complete edition comes with A Realm Reborn as well as both expansions Heavensward and Stormblood. If you’re looking to pick up the Stormblood expansion separately, you can now buy it for $19.99.
- You can purchase either on PC, Mac or for Playstation 4. You can also get the Stormblood Collector’s Edition for $29.99 which includes exclusive in-game items such as the Syldra Mount, Wind-up Bartz Minion and Chicken Knife.
- The sale will end on May 6th at 11:59 PM PDT. Final Fantasy XIV is currently available to play on Playstation 4, PC or Mac.
To read more about the new find it here in Final Fantasy 14 Is Now 50% Off.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Bethesda Softworks shares a new trailer that shows the ominous power of the Necromancer class. The new class will be joining the upcoming expansion Elsweyr in PC Early access on May 20th.
- Latest trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online chapter Elsweyr highlights the new class joining ESO soon, which is the Necromancer. Not only showing off some of the skill set this new dark arts class brings, complete with flying skulls, summoning the undead and bringing to life your own colossal skeleton monstrosity.
- If you’re interested to learn more about this class we highly recommend you check out our ESO Necromancer Preview video which walks through the abilities, as well as visiting our ESO wiki for all the written info on the Necromancer class.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr releases on PC on May 20th as well as Playstation 4 and Xbox One on June 4th. Don’t miss out on the pre-order Elsweyr bonuses which include pet, mount, outfit and more (depending on the edition).
To read more about the new find it here in Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr Trailer Features Necromancer Class.
- Based on FromSoftware’s Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, a manga based on the character Hanbei will be released in Japanese for free digitally on Comic Walker in Japan.
- The manga has been set in motion as a spin-off adaptation following the story of NPC Hanbei. The title of the manga is Sekiro Side Story: Hanbei the Undying. It is set to be available for free digitally on Comic Walker in Japan, with the first chapter being released on May 27th in Japanese.
- Sekiro Side Story: Hanbei the Undying narrative will be in collaboration with FromSoftware who will oversee the story. Artist Shin Yamamoto will be drawing the art, he also worked on Monster Hunter: Flash Hunter a manga adaptation.
- Yen Press the US based graphic novel publisher have already announced they have the license of the manga for the US release, but no news as of yet when the launch will be.
- This will be a great addition for collectors or even those who wish to learn more about the story behind the character Hanbei The Undying who seems to be cursed. In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, players meet this NPC at the Dilapidated Temple who fast becomes a sparring partner to test out moves.
To read more about this news find it here in Sekiro Manga Adaptation Featuring Hanbei Will Be Available Free In Japanese.
- Toadman Interactive’s upcoming expansion for Immortal Unchained Storm Breaker brings new unstoppable masses of the undead, challenging boss encounters and brand new weapons.
- The first expansion for Immortal Unchained titled Storm Breaker takes place at the fall of Apexion. New waves of the Undead are ready to breach the outpost Storm Break, carrying on the invasion. Toadman have shared a little more on what this story will entail in their update post.
- The expansion sets to introduce some new locations, more deadly enemies, new boss fights, a range of new weapons and much more. One of the new weapons called Brightreaver has some devastating effects, tearing your opponent to shreds making it “one of the most powerful weapons in all of the Cosmos”.
- Immortal Unchained: Storm Breaker releases on PS4, PC and Xbox One on May 7th. If you’re currently playing this dark sci-fi RPG be sure to visit our Immortal Unchained wiki for help.
To read more about this news find it here in Immortal Unchained Expansion Storm Breaker Releases May 7th.
- Deciding to opt out of Gamescom 2019 which takes place in Cologne, Germany later this year, Blizzard explain in their latest post why they won’t be attending. This is the first time they will not have attended Gamescom since 2009, which was the very first time it took place. Their reason is to concentrate on “renewed” game development according to their statement.
- By not attending the convention means we won’t be hearing any major announcements or updates about anything Diablo related probably until Blizzcon 2019, which takes place on November 1st to November 2nd at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blizzard have already shared their dates for Blizzcon 2019, which celebrates its 25 years of the original Warcraft game. This is likely where they will concentrate their efforts for announcements this year.
To read more about this news find it here in Blizzard Opts Out Of Gamescom 2019.
- Gaining the first look at Borderlands 3’s gameplay, Gearbox Software and 2K Games decided to share some extended footage from the upcoming action title, which previews some of the additional mechanics, loot changes as well as hub location.
- Over on Borderlands Twitch channel, Gearbox shared a demo that features some different areas in Borderlands 3. The gameplay started with some of the game’s tutorial, which showed one of the most iconic characters from the franchise, Claptrap.
- The tutorial also highlighted some new features such as the ability to slide along the ground and vault up ledges. There are also added alternate firing modes for weapons, brand new to Borderlands 3.
- The upcoming title also brings a new loot spawn system, now spawning loot for players depending on the different levels that are playing together. We also got to see some new boss fights as well as the new ship which will act as the hub for the game.
- Borderlands 3 will release on September 13th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this news find it here in Borderlands 3’S Gameplay Unveiled Showing New Mechanics, Loot Changes And More.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- In the latest trailer released by 505 Games and ArtPlay, we finally get the release date for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night bringing Igavania back this June.
- Its been a few years since Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was successfully crowdfunded on Kickstarter back in 2015, putting the action side-scrolling RPG into motion under the Castlevania director Koji Igarashi.
- The latest trailer reveals the process that the title has gone through, even showing comparisons since its inception compared with what it will look like upon release. The game was met with some negative feedback initially, which motivated the developers to rethink their game style visually, striving to do better.
- While other developers could have simply ignored the feedback and put out the game, it seems the developers are using this as a highlight for their comical release trailer. We even see a comparison between the old and new Vepar boss.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is releasing on PC via Steam and GOG, PS4, and Xbox One on June 18th, while the Switch version arriving a few days later on June 25th.
To read more about this news find it here in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Gets Release Date.
- To get a taste of ESO Plus you can now try out the free trial that runs until May 6th at 10:00 AM EDT. Currently the 5 Year Anniversary Event is moving into the last week of festivities, so it comes at a great time to enjoy the benefits which includes access to all DLCs, meaning you can pick up each of the daily quests needed to earn yourself those Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes.
- While ESO Plus isn’t mandatory for players to enjoy the game, it can be super helpful with a Craft Bag to store all your mats, increased experience, access to all DLCs and more. You can test out all these different features with the free trial.
- To get the most out of your free trial be sure to pick up the daily quests which can be found in such DLC zones as Murkmire, Clockwork City or Orsinium, if you’re missing any of those from your collection you can go pick up the dailies from these zones. You can also take on the DLC dungeons by picking up the Undaunted Pledges, these even include the latest Wrathstone: Frostvault and Depths of Malatar.
- If you’re taking on some of the DLC dungeons be sure to check out the latest guides in our Frostvault Dungeon Guide and Depths Of Malatar Dungeon Guide.
To read more about this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Plus Free Trial.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: