Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Vampyr Goes Gold
- Behind the successful narrative title Life is Strange, Dotnod are releasing their upcoming title Vampyr next month which has just gone gold.
- What does this mean? This means that the game has reached it’s final version is ready to be uploaded to game stores, as well as ready to be shipped in physical copies. However, we will still have to wait for the official release on June 5th. This is good news as this means they’re on schedule for their release day.
- Vampyr is set to release on PS4, PC and Xbox One on June 5th.
To read more about this, find out more in Vampyr Goes Gold And Is On Track For Release Date.
To the Moon Animation Feature Film
- The hit indie classic To the Moon was a hit when it was first released in 2011, it even received a sequel, mobile version and now will be made into a feature film.
- Kan Gao the developer of To the Moon has confirmed the indie RPG title will be made into a movie and has a “pretty substantial” budget to go with it. It’s been a long journey for the original RPG Maker game to reach a feature film status. It’s apparent that To the Moon has become a cult classic that has had a lasting impression in order to be made into a movie.
- Kan Gao will be a part of the creative process in script editing and advising the project.
- No specifics in terms of release date has been shared about the film as of yet. We’ll keep you posted with news about the upcoming adaptation.
To read further details find out more here in Indie Classic To The Moon Will Become An Animation Feature Film.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset New Cinematic
- We got a new trailer this week from Bethesda who released a new cinematic for the upcoming launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset chapter.
- The trailer shares new characters and enemies that are taking hold of the Isle of Summerset. It also gives us more in-depth look into the storyline that will be a part of expansion featuring some of the creatures that inhabit Tamriel. The trailer is breathtakingly detailed in terms of graphics.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is available on early access on both PC and Mac. The official launch of Summerset is June 5th and will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms as well.
- If you’re a fan of Elder Scrolls Online you should definitely head over to Fextralife.com as we have some great guides including a breakdown of the Summerset Expansion.
Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version
- Resident Evil 7 comes to Nintendo Switch but not in the way you would think a usual port would go. Instead of being made available the usual ways on the eShop or physical copy, it will be playable via cloud.
- Players will need a steady internet connection in order to play the title. The cloud version will be complete with all four DLC packs which were released for the console and PC versions. A 15 minute demo version of the game will be available for free but after that players will be given an option to purchase an 180 day service pass, which will allow them to play the game in full.
- Pricing is currently set at ¥2,000, which is around $18 USD, which will include 180 days of gameplay.
- At this time there is no news on whether this form of gameplay will be made available to other regions, but we’ll keep you posted.
- What are your thoughts on cloud gaming? Do you think this is going to be more common with all platforms? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news read all about it in Resident Evil 7 Cloud Version For Nintendo Switch Announced.
Immortal Unchained Release Date
- The sci-fi horror Immortal: Unchained looks to be locked ‘n’ loaded as Toadman Interactive have confirmed the release date for September 7th. The Dark Souls–inspired action RPG sets out to be the first hardcore first person shooter of it’s kind.
- Along with the release date we get a closer look at the lore behind Immortal: Unchained in the trailer. The lore stems from the beginning of the universe caused by the Monolith, which in-turn creates the Cosmos and life develops. The races begin to inhabit the universe but conflict ensues. One race that is empowered are the Prime and the instigators of the Prime-Azurian War. Civilisation, technological advancement and the golden age begin. But this is not to last as an evil presence has begun to spread across the Cosmos, and everything falls prey to a new threat.
- Immortal: Unchained is set to release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 7th, 2018.
To read more about Immortal: Unchained, trailer and screenshots check out Action RPG Shooter Immortal: Unchained Gets Release Date Of September 7th.
Crazy Alleged E3 Press Conference Line Up Leak
- The rumor mill must be working overtime as we get another “leak” running up to E3 2018, with an upcoming game set list. Although the source being Imgur means the rumor is highly unlikely, but what if this list was real?
- By the powers of Imgur, a few images took the internet community by storm, as a potential leak of the E3 2018 schedule was shared.
- It’s usual during E3 to have rumors floating around the forums, but one this precise does seem a little odd. The list does look a little too good to be true with Diablo IV and the announcement of the next FromSoftware project being Bloodborn 2. But what’s interesting about this list is that actual names of the projects are mentioned.
- Which titles are you hoping are more than just a rumour? Let us know in the comments below.
For a look at the “leaked” press conference list read about it here in What If This Crazy Allegedly Leaked E3 Lineup Is True?.
Dark Souls Remastered
- With the exception of Nintendo Switch Dark Souls Remastered has been released on all platforms, PC, PS4 and Xbox One on May 25th. Bandai Namco released a new trailer prior to it’s release featuring some of the most outstanding moments in the game.
- One of the most famous RPGs known for it’s challenging adversaries. Dark Souls Remastered on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and PC receive HDR versions and 4K support. If playing you’re playing on regular PS4 or Xbox One you will still receive an experience of 60 fps and 1080p resolution.
- If you want to know what to expect check out our Dark Souls Remastered Review on our channel and we also have some awesome Dark Souls boss guides that you shouldn’t miss out on.
To read what we thought of Dark Souls Remastered check out our Dark Souls Remastered Review: Nostalgia In 4K and check out the new trailer in Dark Souls Remastered Receives A New Trailer Before It’s Release.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Releases DLC Roadmap
- Warhorse Studios released a DLC roadmap this week with 4 upcoming story DLCs: From the Ashes, Sir Hans Capon, Band of Bastards and A Woman’s Lot. The roadmap also sets out to include a new Hardcore Mode, Tournaments Mode and Modding Support. There is also a video about The Making of Kingdom Come and along Tournaments Mode they will be available for free for early crowdfunding supporters.
- The first DLC From the Ashes follows the story of an abandoned village, which you come to care for. The DLC will be featured at E3 2018 next month.
- The first of the DLCs From the Ashes releases this summer 2018.
Read further about the DLC roadmap here in Kingdom Come: Deliverance Releases DLC Roadmap To Include 4 New DLCs.
Ubisoft Announces Their Lineup For E3 2018
- Ubisoft reveal their game list for E3 2018, they will share a closer look at gameplay and content of the following titles: Beyond Good and Evil 2, For Honor, Skull & Bones, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and Transference.
- But that’s not all as Ubisoft tease that they are “saving some surprises for the show.”
- The Ubisoft press conference will commence on Monday June 11th at 1:00pm PT a the Orpheum Theater in Los Angelas. Their pre-show will start 45 minutes earlier before the press conference. Viewers can watch all the happenings via live Stream on Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, Facebook and Twitter.
To read more about the lineup find more about it here in Ubisoft Announces Their Lineup For E3 2018.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: