Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Last week Epic Games hosted their first major sale called the “Epic Mega Sale”, however there were a few bumps along with the way most recently with Borderlands 3.
- Borderlands 3 was put on sale during the promotion, meaning those who pre-ordered would gain $10 off the different editions which included standard, deluxe and even the super deluxe edition. Epic has even offered those who had purchased titles recently before the promotion, could gain back the difference for games that had gone on sale.
- However, the title was pulled from the store and the game page now states “coming soon”. Borderlands 3 was originally announced as an Epic Games Store exclusive when the title was revealed.
- But this isn’t the only title that has been removed from the Epic Game Store due to this sale, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 was also taken down during the sale, but has now returned with a “coming soon” status.
- The Mega Sale although has been explained by Epic does not pass on the cost to the developer/publisher, looks like has caused some problems with at least with a couple titles. Lucky for those who caught the deal in time, as both titles have not returned to the store for pre-order as of yet.
- The Epic Mega Sale is still on for other titles on Epic which includes 75% off and $10 off titles $14.99 or up. You can grab Ashen for $17.24 as well as catch some pre-releases.
For more of this news find it here in Borderlands 3 Pre-Order Pulled From Epic Game Store During Mega Sale.
Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr
- Elder Scrolls Online newest expansion Elsweyr went live this week on PC Early Access, a new trailer has been released featuring the fury of the dragons that now inhabit Tamriel.
- In the latest trailer we get a closer look at the feisty new fire breathing foes that are now terrorising the land of the Khajiit, Elsweyr. This chapter brings a new main storyline, a challenging 12 player Trial called Sunspire and overland Dragon Hunt events. The trailer ends in a blaze after the dragon bellows a “Fus-Ro-Dah”.
- If you’re eager to play the latest expansion you can now access Elsweyr on PC with pre-order. Those on Playstation 4 and Xbox One will be able to play on June 4th. For all the major additions coming to ESO with the latest expansion read our Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr: 6 Biggest Changes.
For more of this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr Trailer Features Dragon Rage.
Rumour: FromSoftware Working With GRRM?
- Fan favorites FromSoftware and Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin may be working together, as per an industry rumor.
- On George RR Martin’s website he explained a little about what he was up to now that Game of Throne the tv show had concluded. He made an interesting remark saying he had “consulted on a video game out of Japan…“
- Further supporting that FromSoftware could be that developer, earlier this year they shared that there were two unannounced titles they are working on.
- If you wanted more clues according to Gematsu there’s an uncorroborated rumour, they were told from a source who knows the on-goings at From, that a project was in the works under the acronym “GR” and that it was an “open-world title (with horse riding).
- While this might not be a GOT title there could be plenty of games that could fall under this category, which could even mean a souls title. While none of this has been confirmed by either From or Martin, I guess we will have to see if we get more clues.
- If you want to read more about this article covering this rumour be sure to check out our FromSoftware Working With GRRM? Game Of Thrones & Dark Souls Rumor Crossover Could Actually Break The Wheel.
For more of this news find it here in FromSoftware Working With GRRM? Game Of Thrones & Dark Souls Rumor Crossover Could Actually Break The Wheel.
PC Gaming Show E3 2019
- The PC Gaming shows returns to E3 on June 10th with a host of participants announced to be joining. This year includes Epic Game Store as presenting sponsor, Annapurna Interactive, Funcom, Paradox Interactive and more.
- Taking place during E3 the PC Gaming Show is coming with a big list of participants which includes Annapurna Interactive, Chucklefish, Digital Extremes, Digital Uppercut, E-WIN, Fatshark, Fellow Traveller, Frontier Developments, Funcom, Modus Games, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Raw Fury, Rebellion, Re-Logic and Tripwire Interactive. These aren’t all the publishers/developers joining as more will be announced. The show will be held at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET on June 10th.
- The show is set to bring together a wide variety of announcements and games to be featured according to the official PC Gaming press release.
- Hopefully we’ll be seeing more of Paradox Interactive’s Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 which is the sequel to the highly acclaimed action-RPG.
- It’s also been a while since we have seen what has become of Chucklefish’s Stardew-like Harry Potter-esque action-RPG title Witchbrook. Set in a world where players will play the role of student studying magic, progressing with tasks and building relationships with fellow classmates.
- We could also be seeing more of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’s first expansion Seed of Evil which brings a new storyline, maps and more.
- To catch the PC Gaming Show you can watch the livestream on the PC Gamer’s Twitch channel.
For more of this news find it here in PC Gaming Show E3 2019 Participants Announced.
- The monster hunting free-to-play title by Phoenix Labs Dauntless has launched as a cross-play and cross-progression game on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Dauntless the action behemoth hunting title has launched across console and PC via the Epic Games Store. The title allows you to play for free with cross-play and cross-progression. This means players can level and purchase in-game items on one account and play on either platform.
- The launch also comes with the seasonal pass which allows both veteran hunters and beginners to earn cosmetic gear and premium currency.
- This is a great step for games and hopefully this will cause other titles to bring in cross-progression and cross-play. The latest trailer features the cross-play message and the idea that players can forge their own adventures.
- If you want to know what we thought of Dauntless be sure to check out our Dauntless Official Launch Overview: Free To Play Monster Hunting for a more in-depth look into the title which includes character creation, Behemoths, Hunt Pass and much more.
For more of this news find it here in Dauntless Launches With Cross-Play On PS4, Xbox One And PC.
- Team Ninja has confirmed that a closed alpha test is currently taking place.
- In a tweet by the official Team Ninja account, Koei Tecmo shared that the closed alpha will be tested for Nioh 2 on PS4, and they have no plans to expand this closed test. This looks like there will be a select amount of participants for this test. Nioh 2 was originally announced at last year’s E3 which shared a short announcement trailer, but not much else had been revealed.
- But now there has been alpha footage cropping up online featuring character creation, some fights, exploration and much more. Playstation Europe has released an official Closed Alpha trailer that shows off some of the intense combat, boss fights and enemies players will encounter. It also reveals the dates for the alpha starting May 24th running until June 2nd.
- Players get to experience character creation during the alpha, giving the options to pick a male or female characters and a number of customisation options.
- Those in the test demo can also experience some of the open world, interactions with the environment and fight a number of enemies as well as bosses.
- Players can pick from 7 skill trees consisting of Samurai, Sword, Onmyo Magic, Odachi, Ninja, Hatchets and Spear as well as a selection of weapons.
- If you’re wanting to get a look at our experience during the alpha be sure to check out the gameplay footage on our Youtube channel.
For more of this news find it here in Nioh 2 Closed Alpha Dates Announced.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- Those wishing to pre-order Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will now be able to do so! Bloodstained Ritual of the Night will be available in both physical or digital pre-orders for PC (Steam and GOG), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Bloodstained launches on PC, PS4 and Xbox One June 18 while Nintendo Switch owners will obtain it on June 25 for $39.99.
- Those pre-ordering on Steam will receive a 10% pre-order discount which is also the same for those with Playstation Plus subscriptions.
- Those pre-ordering on PlayStation Network will obtain the Exclusive Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Dynamic Theme.
- If you’re pre-ordering at Best Buy you Swill be able to obtain the exclusive collector Novobox futurepak for physical pre-orders for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- You can also get the Iga’s Back Pack DLC on launch day for $9.99 which allows players to fight against the game’s creator, Koji Igarashi himself, and earn the powerful Swordwhip weapon by defeating him.
- Backers who wish to obtain a Novo FuturePak steel case for Bloodstained from 505, they will have the option to purchase one for $14.99. There will only be 800 of them so expect them to go fast. 505 Games will announce when these are available to purchase.
- Alternatively if you’re not a backer, you can get a steelbook edition with your pre-order from Best Buy in the US for all platforms for $39.99, as well as at Game in the UK for £34.99.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is releasing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on June 18th, while the Switch version is arriving a few days later on June 25th.
To read more about this news find it here in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Pre-Orders.
Mutant Year Zero
- Funcom had revealed earlier this year during GDC that Mutant Year Zero would be getting its first DLC on June 25th as well as the Nintendo Switch release and physical versions for console. The expansion name Seed of Evil has been revealed along the news that the launch date would be delayed for DLC, deluxe edition and for the Switch.
- The title was set to release on the Nintendo Switch but has gotten a slight delay in release, now launching on July 30th. This will also be the same date when their first DLC expansion Seed of Evil will release.
- Seed of Evil takes place where the game left off, bringing newsmaps and a new challenge for the group of misfits. The trailer reveals a new playable character to help assist challenges by the name of Big Khan, a moose with two new mutations Ground Pound and Flame Puke. There also seems to be something rather strange going on, what Big Khan calls “Pod Ghouls” who are replacing the original Ghouls with copies. The trailer gives off a Stranger Things kind of vibe and looks to be a fun new expansion.
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – Seed of Evil will be priced at $14.99 USD/£12.99 when it releases on Steam on July 30th. Those who want to pick up both the game and DLC can purchase the Deluxe Edition of Mutant Year Zero, available digitally and in store.
To read more about this news find it here in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – Seed of Evil Expansion, Physical Release and Nintendo Switch Version Delayed.
- In a recent tweet by Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red’s Global Community Lead Marcin Momot, its been revealed a playable demo seems to be off the cards for the public at E3 2019.
- The Global Community Lead from CD Projekt Red Marcin Momot had shared in a Twitter post that Cyberpunk 2077 will not have a playable demo available to the public, but there will be a gameplay presentation given by the CD Projekt Red team.
- So if you were hoping to get your hands on the demo you will have to settle for seeing it played by the devs themselves. At least we will get to see more of the gameplay which in the past was shown to the press in a closed door session. Then towards the end of last year, an over 40 minute video showed a great chunk of gameplay including character customisation, character interactions, first person view, narrative based choices, Night City environments and much more.
- This E3 will have two different presentations, one will be available to the public shown at the theatre, and one will be shared behind-closed-doors to invited attendees only.
- Momot has not made it clear whether those watching at home will be able to see the public presentation at this point. One thing we do know for sure is that CD Projekt Red has dubbed this their most important E3 yet and they have “prepared a strong show”.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One with no confirmed release date as of yet. Be sure to catch our E3 coverage as will be attending, bringing you all the latest news.
To read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Will Not Have a Playable Demo at E3 2019, Public to Get Gameplay Presentation.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: