Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- New details were announced for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla this week which include more information about the bird companion we saw in the gameplay trailer, plus hoods and hair colour changes.
- The bird is called Synin, pronounced “Sue-nin” which has a similar meaning to the word “insight” in Old Norse. Considering the bird will act in a similar way to the eagle in Odyssey, insight is quite a fitting name, as it will be able to show you views overhead.
- There were also new details about character visual customisation, for the first time in the Assassin’s Creed series you will be able to change the main character’s hair colour.
- Bringing back the hood from Origins, you will be able to pull your Assassin hood up or down, but in Valhalla you won’t need to access the game’s menu in order to do so.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing in the holidays 2020 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Stadia and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Get Details About Bird Companion, Hoods Plus Hair Colour.
- A new roadmap has been released by Bethesda for Fallout 76, outlining three updates coming each season. The first being in summer that adds the update Introducing Seasons to Fallout 76. The second coming in Fall called One Wasteland For All and lastly Fracture Steel which comes out in winter.
- The update Introducing Seasons will change a lot of Fallout 76’s framework, adding a new currency known as SCORE points. These will be awarded for completing challenges. Players will make progress across a retro looking game board with increasing SCORE points, gaining rewards to boot.
- This update also brings new high level perks called Legendary Perks, public teams making teaming up easier and a new legendary boss event called A Colossal Problem. This will be added in Update 20.
- In Fall players will be introduced to the One Wasteland For All Update, which will rebalance enemies and the rewards they reap to your level. This means players at different levels can join a group with varying player experiences. This also brings the new questlines Steel Dawn and Daily Ops.
- Previously Bethesda has been hinting that the Brotherhood of Steel might be making an appearance in Fallout 76, and is confirmed now to be joining in winter.
- To find out more about the roadmap be sure to visit Fextralife.com for more details.
For more on this news find it here in Fallout 76 Updates To Add Brotherhood Of Steel Plus New Seasonal Rewards.
Wolcen Lords of Mayhem
- Wolcen Studio have announced their plans for the future of the ARPG Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.
- In a forum post, the community manager of Wolcen Studio, Calistaen shared about upcoming patches and when they will be released, alongside an estimation of development for seasonal events.
- The next goal for Wolcen Lords of Mayhem will be 1.1.0 version which will bring a lot of Gameplay and Quality of Life improvements, such as Passive Skill Tree search options.
- A new season event which is internally being called the “Chronicle” will be added. A Chronicle is a temporary realm with specific events and items that players will be able to access by creating a fresh new character. A mechanic similar to “Leagues” introduced in several online ARPGs before, such as Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
- Wolcen is available to play on PC. If you’re thinking of jumping into Wolcen be sure to check out our Wolcen Lords Of Mayhem Beginner’s Guide.
For more on this news find it here in Wolcen: Lords Of Mayhem Roadmap And First League.
- In the latest developer video, inXile Entertainment goes over what’s new in upcoming Wasteland 3. One of the key features is character creation, which holds an important part in your playthrough. In Wasteland 3 players will need to be wary of the quirk system, where you can equip some powerful traits but there are tradeoffs.
- Making it as clear as possible, inXile has included a visible attributes system which will make it easier when making your build choices by having each attribute clearly explained as to what they impact.
- They also explain how melee fighters work, while they don’t seem like the strongest choice at the beginning, they get stronger with combo meters, increasing critical chance and critical hit damage.
- If you’re not about customising individual characters from the ground up, or simply new to the Wasteland world, the devs shared a new feature which are duos, ready built character teams that can work together.
- Wasteland 3 will be releasing on Xbox One, PC and PS4 on August 28th.
For more on this news find it here in Wasteland 3 Dev Diary Features Character Creation, Combat And More.
Dark Souls 3
- Celebrating a major milestone the official Dark Souls twitter account sharedthat Dark Souls 3 has now sold an amazing 10 million units worldwide.
- Dark Souls III is the latest entry in souls titles by FromSoftware. Since then From has also released the action-adventure title Sekiro: Shadow’s Die Twice and are now working on the elusive Elden Ring in collaboration with A Song of Ice and Fire writer George R.R. Martin.
- Dark Souls III first made its debut in March 2016 in Japan and then worldwide in April, selling 3 million units within the first month of its launch. The dark fantasy title that pits players against the most menacing bosses with plenty of Action-RPG combat.
- If you’re currently making your way through the dark universe of Lothric or picking the game for the first time, be sure to drop by out Dark Souls III wiki. Dark Souls III is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Dark Souls 3 Has Sold 10 Million Units Worldwide.
Phantasy Star Online 2
- The free-to-play MMO Phantasy Star Online 2 will be launching on PC on May 27th. It will also come with full cross-platform play with the Xbox One.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 puts players in the role of a member of ARKS, a task force designed to explore planets and defend the universe against the dangerous Falspawn. PSO 2 will allow you to experience a variety of missions with multiplayer and take on battles with Action-RPG combat. The title is a free-to-play, where you can team up with up to 4 players in a party or explore multiparty areas with up to 12 players.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 will be available as a free-to-play game on the Windows Store.
For more on this news find it here in Phantasy Star Online 2 Launches On PC On May 27th.
- Frozen Flame the multiplayer Action-RPG was funded on Fig, and has been announced by the developer Dreamside Interactive, that it will coming to Steam Early Access with the minimum price point of $29.
- The title sets to have a deep RPG experience, where players will defeat epic bosses and various ferocious monsters with fast-paced combat. There is also flexible crafting and leveling systems which the developer explains will offer great replayability.
- The story surrounds The Flame, a source of great magical power that will help develop your character’s powerful abilities. Endgame will include building entire settlements, taming wild creatures as well as exploring new lands and dungeons.
- The artstyle kind of looks a bit like the monster hunter Dauntless mixed in with some Fornite survival building, but has it’s own flavour of story and fantasy. It will be interesting to see more of this open-world multiplayer, and how it shapes up in early access.
For more on this news find it here in Frozen Flame A Survival Action RPG Launches On PC Early Access This Fall.
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition will be coming with an additional scenario titled “Future Connected”, which adds between 10 to 12 hours of story. However, if you add in the side content this will be around 20 hours long according to Weekly Famitsu.
- Director Tetsuya Takahashi spoke to the magazine sharing some new details about the game, sharing that the scenario would have been even longer if it were added as a paid DLC. However, because they were concentrating on new titles as well, they didn’t have enough resources to make this happen.
- It sounds like they had to know where to spend their time on the remaster as they were working on the new title as well.
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition will be releasing on May 29th on Nintendo Switch.
For more of this news find it here in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition To Add Over 10 Hours With ‘Future Connected’ Scenario.
- This week Fairy Tail in Japan was announced by Weekly Famitsu to be delayed to July, however the western version had yet to receive news on it’s release date.
- Both Koei Tecmo and Gust Studios have now announced the JRPG Fairy Tail has been delayed to July 31st 2020.
- Fairy Tail has already been delayed once but it looks like they will need more time to finish the game due to COVID-19 which has changed their development team’s working situation. But it’s not a big delay as it it’s just a month off from the previously scheduled June release date.
- Fairy Tail the JRPG is based on Hiro Mashima’s best-selling manga and anime series, giving players a new experience into the universe.
- Fairy Tail was to release on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on June 26th but now has been pushed back to a July 31st launch date.
For more on this news find it here in Fairy Tail Delayed To July.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: