Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- This week V Rising described as an “open-world survival and action RPG hybrid” about vampires went into early access. Emerging from a coffin after a long sleep, players will take on a perilous world to build their own base and survive the elements such as avoiding sunlight.
- In order to survive players will need to kill enemies, animals and gain blood a precious resource needed to feed themselves as well as their own castle. Even though this is an RPG at its heart, V Rising will not have your traditional leveling systems or skill trees. Instead, vampires’ progression will be non-linear and rely totally on what players want to excel in.
- Instead of gaining skill points at specific levels, progression will be tied to learning abilities out in the world. The most basic of moves will be tied to your equipped weapons, which can be swapped out in combat. Take up a single-player campaign or join friends in both PVE and PVP.
- V Rising is now available on Steam through early access.
For more on this news find it here in V Rising Is An Upcoming Vampire Survival RPG By Stunlock Studios, Enters Early Access On May 17th.
Zenless Zone Zero
- HoYoVerse, the developer behind the wildly popular free to play Action-RPG Genshin Impact has another title in the works also coming to platforms mobile and PC. Zenless Zone Zero was announced, an Action-RPG with roguelike elements got a trailer featuring the game.
- Instead of a more fantasy styled title, the game looks to follow a more sci-fi approach, set in a modern city-setting.
- According to the website, Zenless is set in a metropolitan city following the events of an apocalyptic disaster caused by Hollows, other dimension portals. These portals seem to allow terrible monsters to pass through known as Ethereals. The people of New Eridu have found a way to survive against all odds by extracting resources and tech from Ethereal’s domain.
- This is where players come in. Taking up the role of Proxy, players will help guide people through the Hollows, all the while fighting off the enemies. Together with other character’s abilities, players will develop combo party abilities to deal more damage.
- Sounds a little familiar as Genshin Impact also has party-combo action with elemental visions. However, Zenless also throws in some roguelike elements as each trip to the Hollow will be different, with labyrinths.
- In case you missed it, Zenless isn’t the only PC/mobile hybrid game currently in development, as recently Honkai: Star Rail was announced, a turn-based strategy RPG.
- Zenless Zone Zero so far has had PC and iOS announced for the closed beta with sign-ups now available.
For more on this news find it here in Zenless Zone Zero Action-RPG Announced By Genshin Impact Developer.
- From the creators of Mutant Year Zero comes a new turn-based tactical RPG called Miasma. Developer The Bearded Ladies unveiled their new game with a trailer which showed an America in the “not-too-distant” future. America has been destroyed by an unnatural and destructive force called the “Miasma”.
- The story follows Elvis, a young man who can control the Miasma with his hand. His only companion growing up is a robot brother that took care of him. Together with his brother they will travel across America to find out the reason for the miasma.
- Miasma Chronicles sets to blend real-time exploration with tactical-turn-based combat. The game even featured destructible environments, which are always fun to blow up with rockets or big, hulking robots.
- Miasma Chronicles was announced for PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S releasing some time in 2023.
For more on this news find it here in Miasma Chronicles Is The Newest Tactical RPG From The Creators Of Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden.
New Fantasy Open-World RPG by Techland
- Developer Techland are working on an unannounced game that sets to be a fantasy open-world action-RPG. The studio behind Dying Light explained they are in the midst of hiring for a AAA title.
- The team working on the title are made up of some pretty key figures in RPG history including members that have worked on the likes of The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk 2077, Deathloop to name a few.
- Concept art was released teasing the fantasy title that shows some crumbling structures as well as stone statues. Whether this title is influenced by mythology or based on a completely new fantasy is not known, but the image does show historical elements.
- Techland has worked on the Dying Light franchise, and remains one of the biggest studios of Polish game developers, with 30 years of experience. Recently they released the sequel Dying Light 2 a survival horror Action-RPG which pits players against monsters that lurk in dark hideouts.
For more on this news find it here in Dying Light Developer Techland Is Making An Open-World Action-RPG.
Greedfall II: Dying World
- Fans of Spiders’ 2019 Action-RPG Greedfall will be excited to hear that a sequel was announced this week. Greedfall 2: The Dying World will retain its strongest element – player choice.
- This upcoming game will actually be a prequel to Greedfall. Our story will take place again on Teer Fradee, the island that was being colonized by the soldiers and people of Serene. This time playing as native, three years prior to the first game, before the colonisation.
- Much like the main island of Teer Fradee, Gacane is also ravaged by war and political unrest. Not much else was given in terms of combat systems and companions, but hopefully it will continue Greedfall’s fun mix of magic and weapons, as well as endless customisation options. If you want to check out our wishlist for Greedfall 2, be sure to check it out on our Fextralife website.
- GreedFall 2 will be released sometime in 2024. If you want to jump into the first title be sure to check out our review for Greedfall and drop by our Greedfall wiki.
For more on this news find it here in GreedFall 2 The Dying World Announced For 2024 Release.
- Developer Spiders also shared more about upcoming Action-RPG Steelrising which received a new trailer previewing a different telling of the french revolution.
- When you think french revolution you may not think of mechanical robots. The latest trailer for the Action-RPG features King Louis XVI’s automaton army as he tries to stop the Revolution from taking place in Paris in 1789.
- But not everyone is on board with the King’s plan, as Aegis, an automaton “not like the others” is enlisted to stop the evil army. Turning one of Louis’ creations against him as he’s gone too far. Aegis unlike her mechanical counterparts, can speak and even use reason.
- The trailer seems to only show in-game cut scenes and focuses on the narrative of Steelrising. We do get a preview of some more enemies such as the beast looking automatons ready to pounce. Aegis whips out her fan shields and stops them dead in their tracks.
- Previously Spiders showed that Aegis will have a number of weapons to choose from in Steelrising. Even options to augment their body with tools such as grappling hooks.
- Steelrising will be released on September 8th for Playstation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Steelrising New Trailer Previews The Alternative Revolution.
Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura has teased that “various” announcements will be made next month during the game’s 25th anniversary.
- Announced during a special promotional stream for the mobile-based battle royal spin-off The First Soldier, Nomura shared that news will be coming next month.
- Not sharing too much the director said that “next month we will publish various things”. But this is enough to get fans excited as this could mean we’ll be hearing/possibly seeing more of the next part of the FF7 remake. Previously it was teased we would most likely be getting an announcement in 2022.
- Square Enix of course has been busy with FFVII related projects such as the mobile titles The First Soldier and upcoming Ever Crisis.
- With Summer Game Fest also happening next month, we could be getting some updates for these Square Enix titles if we’re lucky.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy VII Announcements Coming In June For 25th Anniversary.
The Witcher 3
- CD Projekt Red have announced The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition will be releasing on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series in Q4 2022.
- It was previously announced CD Projekt Red has the next-gen versions of The Witcher 3 in the works for consoles but it got delayed due to Cyberpunk 2077 taking priority. The enhanced edition for The Witcher 3 for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S promises to include ray-tracing and faster loading times.
- The complete edition will have all the released expansions and downloadable content previously released for the game and free downloadable content inspired by the Netflix show. This year marks the 7th anniversary of this entry. The new box art also is slightly different.
- The developer also teased this year that the franchise will be getting another entry, a fourth game. It was also confirmed that the title will use Unreal Engine 5 as part of the “multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games.”
For more on this news find it here in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition Heads To PS5 And Xbox Series X|S In Q4 2022.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: