Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Divinity: Original Sin II
- In a bit of a mess, Microsoft leaked news that Divinity: Original Sin II would joining the Xbox Early Access program. In a post on Xbox Wire, it was shared the title would join the Game Preview program on May 16th. The listing of the title was quickly removed from the article but was later confirmed by Microsoft.
- The Xbox Game Preview is a program created by Microsoft that allows developers to share a game that is still a work-in-progress. It allows fans to get a peek into the game and help developers with game development.
- The price of the game has also been shared and will be set at $44.99 USD and will officially release on Xbox One and PlayStation in August 2018.
- But that’s not all, PC players also get some good news this week as they will be receiving the Divinity: Original Sin II Definitive Edition as a free upgrade. The Definitive Edition is expected to release also in August.
Final Fantasy XIV Update 4.3
- Square Enix share a new trailer for Final Fantasy XIV featuring some new content for the update Under the Moonlight. The new update patch 4.3 is set to release on May 22nd bringing new storylines and quests.
- These include a new main quest scenario called Under the Moonlight, a continuation of the The Stormblood storyline in the eastern lands of Doma. There are also new dungeons The Swallow’s Compass and Return to Ivalice a new 24 person Alliance Raid Dungeon.
- Other updates include Duty Finder, Cross-World Linkshells, Glamour Dress and Guestbooks.
To find out more about the update check out Final Fantasy XIV Update 4.3 Release Date And New Trailer.
Monster Hunter Film Adaptation
- Attention Monster Hunter fans, the film adaptation will be starting production and Resident Evil production company Constantin Film are the ones behind it.
- The director none other than Paul W.S. Anderson will be directing, get ready for some slick action sequences.
- But that’s not the only person who’s coming from a Resident Evil production, Milla Jovovich will be starring and producer Jeremy Bold will be producing it. The same special effects studio Mr.X will also be working on the film.
- The movie has a budget of $60 million and will be filmed in locations around South Africa, Cape Town.
- Production will start in September this year.
To read further details find them here in Monster Hunter Film Adaptation To Be Directed By Paul W.S. Anderson And Begins Production In September.
Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon
- Inti Creates have revealed their 8-bit Castlevania-inspired game Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is coming out this month.
- Inti Creates are comprised of ex-Capcom employees who have an impressive resume of retro-styled action platformer games. They have worked on the likes of Mega Man Zero and ZX, Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst.
- That to say the least means the right people are on the job in creating a retro styled Castlevania-esque spinoff.
- Curse of Moon is actually the outcome of a Kickstarter stretch goal for Inti Creates’s Bloodstain: Ritual of the Night.
- Curse of the Moon releases on May 24th on Nintendo Switch, 3DS, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, and PC.
To find out more read all about it in Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon An 8-Bit Castlevania-Esque Action Platformer Trailer.
Octopath Traveler Ophilia And Cyrus
- Nintendo Switch exclusive turn-based RPG Octopath Traveler by Square Enix gets new a trailer, artwork and releases screenshot introducing two new characters.
- An introduction trailer to final characters to be added, Ophilia and Cyrus making it a total of eight playable protagonists. Ophilia has the role of a cleric that uses her “Guide” path action to lead NPCs to certain objective points, she will unlock new encounters and situations. Cyrus is a scholar who uses “Scrutinize” path action to learn more information or uncover clues about different NPCs which will be crucial in progressing in the game.
- Each protagonist has their own abilities, which are called talents, these are specific to each character in Octopath Traveler. Cyrus has the talent of Study Foe, the ability to gain valuable information about the weakness of an opponent at the beginning of battle, exposing their vulnerabilities. Ophilia has the talent of Summon, allowing her to add NPCs to the battle field with a maximum of six characters on your side.
- Octopath Traveler will be releasing exclusively on the Nintendo Switch on July 13th, 2018.
If you want to know more about the new characters check out Octopath Traveler Ophilia And Cyrus New Trailer And Screenshots Reveal Talents.
Shenmue III Delay Release To 2019
- Shenmue III was announced earlier in January for a release window for 2018, however in a recent announcement Ys Net have moved it to 2019. In a a post on Kickstarter, Ys Net share their publisher’s Deep Silver’s statement. They explain that they wish to use this extended time to “polish the quality of the game even further” and also to give Shenmue III “the high standards it deserves”.
- A further comment from Yu Suzuki apologies for the delay of the release and assures “…extending the release will allow us to deliver Shenmue III at its best.”
- Shenmue III is now set to release on PlayStation 4 and PC next year 2019.
To find out more read about it here in Shenmue III Delay Release To 2019 To Give It “The High Standard It Deserves”.
PS Vita End Physical Game Production
- It’s the end of an era for PlayStation Vita players as Sony Interactive looks to a more digital future and plans to end the production of GameCards in America and Europe by March 31, 2019.
- Sony Interactive releases news that they “plan to end all PS Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018” which they told developers in an email shared by Kotaku.
- Sony Interactive still sets out to bring digital titles to the PS Vita as we had recent news that Stardew Valley Hits PlayStation Vita On May 22nd. But what the future holds for PS Vita is a little uncertain as new gaming devices such as the Nintendo Switch and mobile gaming gain more ground.
- What are your thoughts on the end of physical game cards? Let us know in the comments below.
To find out more details read about it in PS Vita Physical Game Production Will End March 2019 In US And Europe.
Rumor: Shadows Die Twice At E3 2018
- It seems to be that time of year when the internet unites in conspiracy and theory speculation to what will be shown at E3 2018.
- In a recent post on ResetEra, a poster by the name Omnipotent shared some clues to what could be revealed in E3 2018 next month. Sparking some conversation between members of the thread they tried to get more information out of this stranger who seemed to know a lot more than they would let on.
- The poster mentions that:
“From is doing a big showing for “Shadows Die Twice” at E3. Can’t say which show til E3 is a bit closer.“
- When asked about a possible Kuon reboot they replied:
“All I can say right now is, go in with an open mind. Things may not be as they appear to be.”
- They were asked if the game would “Souls-like” their response was a little longer to this question:
“What people consider to be ‘souls-like’ now has become so much of a blanket term that that’s a bit of a hard question to answer. I can say it’s not going to be Demon’s Souls adjacent and thats about it in terms of gameplay. You’re probably not going to see another set of games that can be as tightly knit together as Demons>Dark>Blood. But its still going to be a Fromsoft game, so take that as you will.“
- We have previously speculated on Fextralife about why it could be Bloodborne 2, Tenchu, or Shadow Tower – but with that last comment it leads you to believe that it could be a new IP entirely – that could very well be the “VR” game that was rumored long ago. What do you think FromSoftware’s big reveal for E3 2018 is? Let us know in the comments below.
To read more about this rumour check out Rumor: Shadows Die Twice To Feature Prominently At E3 2018 and for more on Shadows Die Twice.
No Man’s Sky Add Multiplayer in Update
- No Man’s Sky next big update will include a multiplayer function mode, the news came in form of an announcement in a Microsoft’s Inside Xbox livestream.
- The upcoming update sets out to be the “biggest update so far” according to Hello Games‘ Sean Murray the developer of No Man’s Sky. The multiplayer mode will enhance the “full multiplayer experience” which will add to this survival, exploration space adventure game.
- The team have been testing the multiplayer function for the last six months and sets to give the game “a really different feel”.
- Multiplayer will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC on July 24th in form of a free content update called “NEXT”.
For information read about it in No Man’s Sky Add Multiplayer To NEXT Big Update.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: