Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Sea of Stars
- A brief update for upcoming retro inspired RPG Sea of Stars this week, the latest clip from developer Sabotage Studio previews the combat HUD.
- The video shows a party of three characters battling it out in what looks to be a dungeon, using turn-based moves to build a combo. The title while heavily influenced by classic RPG titles promises to get rid of the tedium and repetitiveness, as players will need to amend their battle plans to overcome enemies.
- Sea of Stars is an RPG inspired by classic titles which took to Kickstarter in order to fund the project, surpassing its original goal, securing further stretch goals. Set to have turn-based combat, an engaging world to explore through swimming, climbing, vaulting and more. The game not only provides the freedom to explore but will also have a story rich narrative.
- Sea of Stars releases in the Holiday Season of 2022, but no specific date has been given. It will be available on Steam and Nintendo Switch.
For more on this news find it here in Sea Of Stars Gets New Clip Showing Combat UI.
- An interesting surprise this week was that the originally mobile planned only title Diablo Immortal was announced to be getting a PC version as well. Diablo Immortal the free-to-play Action-RPG will be coming to both PC and mobile on June 2nd 2022.
- The title will be both cross-play and cross-save for both platforms. The two versions will be released side by side on the same day, with PC being an open beta test.
- The news broke during the Diablo Immortal livestream where director Wyatt Cheng shared some new details including that the PC version would support both controllers and keyboard and mouse meaning you can use WASD controls. Immortal will also feature cross-save meaning you can use the same character on both PC and mobile. As well as cross-play meaning you can team up with friends no matter which platform they are playing on.
- The open beta test sets to include all game content and features, and any progress made will carry over to the final version. The mobile version will release on both Android and iOS devices.
- According to a press briefing when asked the reason behind the decision to bring Diablo Immortal to PC, Cheng explained that there were “a lot of players ask for a PC version or talk about a PC version” and also having interest to somehow emulate the game on PC, which led to Blizz to decide to bring it also to PC officially themselves, because of this interest.
- Be sure to check our Diablo Immortal Wiki for more information on the game.
For more on this news find it here in Diablo Immortal Surprisingly Gets PC Version Announced; Cross-Play And Cross-Save With Mobile This June.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale came out of early access this week. The dark fantasy turn-based RPG, sets to challenge players with its Morality System, letting you choose between the beliefs of the Rightful or Tyrants. There are over 30 heroes with whom you can form alliances with, or take the route of becoming their sworn enemy.
- Knight’s Tale is developed by the same team who are behind the ARPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr. Players take up the mantle of Sir Mordred, the mortal enemy of King Arthur who is considered a black knight in this universe. Mordred must make some tough decisions throughout the game. As you go around exploring Camelot, you recruit a squad of heroes, each with their own unique personalities.
- You also may recognise the voice of a certain bearded gamer who has taken up the role of Sir Lancelot, complete with ye olde English accent, not to be missed! Be sure to check out our full King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Review Impressions video and make use of our King Arthur: Knight’s Tale wiki if you need some help venturing through Camelot.
For more on this news find it here in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Defender Class Guide – How To Build A Defender.
Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten
- Developer Aquaplus and publisher Shiravune have announced the release date for the next Utawarerumono entry Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten. The game will be launching in English on day one on September 8th 2022 for PC. It will also be released on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 in Japan on the same day.
- Previously the title has only been announced for Japan but looks to be getting an international version. So far the worldwide release for PC is confirmed and available to wishlist on Steam, no news as of yet about the console versions.
- Monochrome Mobius sets to be a JRPG that will have a heavy focus on its story. Set in the small province of Ennakamuy, on the frontiers of the great empire of Yamato, following a young man who encounters a girl he’s never met before. What she tells him is something quite shocking and strange, that his father who he thought was no longer alive, is living.
- The onset of the story sounds rather intriguing, especially the circumstances around the once believed dead father, and exactly who is the girl is another curiosity. The trailer shows beautiful visuals for the game, and previews some of the characters in party-based combat with turn-based moves.
For more on this news find it here in Monochrome Mobius: Rights And Wrongs Forgotten Is Coming To PC With English Localisation.
Honkai: Star Rail
- Hoyaverse has announced the next round of sign-ups is now available for the upcoming turn-based strategy RPG Honkai: Star Rail. Those interested in getting a hands-on with the upcoming mobile and PC title can head to the official website to apply for the second closed beta.
- The official website shares that the closed beta sign-ups are available now until May 15th. Any progress made in the beta will not carry over to the full launch of the game, with a limited amount of slots available. The beta will take place on iOS, Android and PC.
- Hoyaverse is behind the free-to-play Action-RPG Genshin Impact. But before the release of Genshin, Hoyaverse also released a number of Honkai Impact games including Honkai Impact 3rd. These games revolve around a group of Valkyrie warriors who go into battle against Honkai, a mysterious force that corrupts the life around it.
- Star Rail will focus on a turn-based RPG experience and is the fourth game in the Honkai universe. While under the same developer, Honkai Impact takes on a different art style, and is set in a more of a sci-fi fantasy RPG with futuristic elements.
For more on this news find it here in Honkai: Star Rail Second Closed Beta Announced For The Turn-Based Strategy RPG.
- Heading to Playstation Plus this May as part of the free games available include Tribes of Midgard, FIFA 22 and Curse of the Dead Gods, starting May 3rd. Playstation Plus subscribers will be able to pick up Curse of the Dead Gods for Playstation 4, while FIFA 22 and Tribes of Midgard will be available for Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
- Sony will be starting to roll out their new tier subscription service globally with North America on June 13th, introducing the newly created Playstation Plus Essential, Playstation Plus Extra and Playstation Plus Premium tiers which were announced last month. The lowest tier Playstation Plus Essential will still have access to the same benefits as the current Playstation Plus features, but will gain the new Essential name when the further tiers are released.
- Here’s a quick rundown of a couple of games. This May you will be able to pick up the Norse-inspired survival Action-RPG Tribes of Midgard, the title revolves around the cataclysmic event Ragnarok. Try two different modes, a story orientated mode called Saga or take up the challenge of Survival Mode in which you will need to stay alive for as many days as possible. If you want to know what we thought of this game check out our Tribes Of Midgard Review Impressions: A Refreshingly Chaotic Survival ARPG.
- Also this month comes with Curse of the Dead Gods, a roguelike dungeon crawler, that has fast-paced combat and an interesting Corruption mechanic which provides a double-edged sword, making things more challenging but can also help in taking down mobs. If you want to know more about the game check out our Curse Of The Dead Gods Preview – An Addictive Punishing Roguelite.
For more on this news find it here in Playstation Plus Free Games This May 2022 Include Tribes Of Midgard And More.
Souls Hackers 2
- Soul Hackers 2, the upcoming RPG and direct sequel to Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers which was released in 1997 got a new trailer this week. In this entry players will take up the role of the Devil Summoners, powerful mortals that make contracts with demons and then use the devilish powers.
- Weapons in Soul Hackers 2 are called the COMP and can be imbued with Demons. Doing so grants the wielder the use of the abilities of said demon. The Devil Summoner also gains some attributes depending on the type of demon placed into their COMP.
- Soul Hackers 2 is your traditional menu turn-based combat RPG. You select attacks, items, and other abilities from a menu, and hit your target. What this game does differently is that Soul Hackers 2 makes heavy use of demons.
- Soul Hackers 2 releases in Japan on August 25, 2022, and worldwide a day after on August 26. It will be available on all major consoles and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Soul Hackers 2 Lets You Summon Devils To Do Your Bidding, Releases On August 26.
Spellforce Reforced 3
- SpellForce 3: Reforced finally has a console release date: June 7, 2022. The game is a wonderful blend of RTS and RPG gameplay.
- The SpellForce series has been going on for over 20 years now at this point. However, it is good to know that the team at Grimlore is still updating their latest title. SpellForce 3 itself has been out for a while now, as the original was released way back in 2017. Since then, the game has received two major DLC, Soul Harvest and Fallen God.
- In addition to DLCs, Spellforce Reforced 3 comes with new modes including Journey Mode. This modes is inspired by the original game’s “Free Game Mode”. Players can create their own custom, persistent hero that will accompany them throughout all their journeys. The base journey mode will have about 20 hours of gameplay, and can even be played in coop with a friend.
- SpellForce 3: Reforced comes out on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S on June 7, 2022.
For more on this news find it here in SpellForce 3: Reforced Is Coming To Consoles On June 7, 2022.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: