Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom currently have a free trial available for a limited time only which is now available on Playstation 4.
- The trial is only available on Playstation 4 and lets you experience Monster Hunter World up to the Tobi-Kadachi assignment quest at Hunter Rank 4. You can create your own Hunter and Palico companion and play up until this part. The free trial will run until May 20th.
- If you decided after the trial you wish to continue your adventure by purchasing the title, your progress carries over to the full version. You can pick up Monster Hunter World for $20 on Playstation 4.
- If you missed the livestream of the Spring Update or want a recap of everything that was covered you can read (and watch the video) about it here MHW Iceborne: Everything We Know, New Monsters, New Locale, New Elements!
For more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World PS4 Free Trial Available Now.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has gone live now for Xbox Insiders in of a form beta.
- Microsoft previously unveiled their new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription last month which puts together Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass into a single subscription, available for $14.99 a month.
- This saves current Xbox players about $5 a month if they were to pay for both services separately ($19.98). During the beta the service will be available at an introductory price of $1 per month.
- This allows players to access Xbox exclusive games through Xbox Game Pass on day one of launch. Choosing to buy a game in Game Pass allows you a 10 percent discount to members. Current titles include Mutant Year Zero, For the King, Operencia the Stolen Sun, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Black Desert, The Surge and more.
- At the moment the new service is available through beta for Xbox Insiders, who will test out the service and help to provide feedback.
For more about this news find it here in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Is Now Available For Preview Beta Xbox Insiders.
- Getting a closer look at the beasts chosen for the upcoming action RPG Warhammer Chaosbane, Bigben and Eko Software highlight the monsters that made it into the title ranging over 70 different types.
- Warhammer: Chaosbane is the first action-RPG that focuses on the fantasy universe. A Diablo-inspired title where you’ll not meet strong abilities but plenty of foes to battle through.
- It was up to the devs to find a good balance between combat prowess and enemy abilities that fit into the world. Bigben and Eko paid close attention to the design of well-known monsters such as Nurglings that like to swarm and use their numbers to fight you.
- Warhammer Chaosbane releases on June 4th on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. If you want to know what we thought of the game be sure to read our Warhammer Chaosbane Preview – Venturing Into The Fantasy Universe.
For more about this news find it here in War hammer Chaosbane Latest Video Focuses On Bestiary.
World of Warcraft Classic
- Blizzard announced the release date for World of Warcraft Classic which releases on August 27th. Those who have a current World of Warcraft subscription will be able to play Classic once it releases in August as part of their subscription.
- Classic is the closest thing to vanilla, based on the Drums of War Patch 1.12 but comes with modern support and dedicated servers.
- If you’re hoping to reserve your character name in WoW Classic, you will be able to start character creation on August 13th. Those who have an active subscription or game time can create up to three characters per account. So far realm names have not been released but Blizzard assures these will come later, closer to launch.
For more about this news find it here in World Of Warcraft Classic Releases August 27th; Beta Goes Live May 15th.
Project Prelude Rune
- The game Project Prelude Rune was originally announced back in 2017 by Square Enix under the developer Studio Istolia.
- On May 14th, Square Enix has officially announced the project cancellation and the developer studio has now shut down with the employees being transferred to Square Enix.
- The announcement was made after the website was taken down as well as social media accounts related to the game, as well as the news of the departure of the director Hideo Baba earlier this month. Hideo Baba the ex-Tales producer was originally working on the Playstation 4 RPG title.
For more about this news find it here in Project Prelude Rune Cancelled Confirmed By Square Enix.
Vampire The Masquerade
- A brand new title being worked on by the developers of The Council, Big Bad Wolf are developing a new narrative driven RPG set in the world of the Vampire: The Masquerade.
- With news of the second entry Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 being announced to be in the works not long ago under Paradox Interactive, it looks like another title will be expanding the Vampire universe. So far only gaining the title Vampire: The Masquerade.
- At a Bigben Interactive event in Paris, the developer Big Bad Wolf shared that story driven RPG was in production in partnership with White Wolf and Paradox Interactive, being worked on for the past three to four months.
- While information on the title is still quite scarce, but what they did reveal was that is would not be an episodic game, unlike their The Council. Set to be a large full scale RPG with “large narrative, with branching dialogues”.
- But fans will have to wait a couple of years before getting to see the new Vampire: The Masquerade title released. Hopefully this will give enough time for the developer to flesh out the RPG. Big Bad Wolf will be sharing more information about the title at Gamescom in August this year.
For more about this news find it here in A Narrative Driven RPG Set In The Vampire The Masquerade Universe Developed By Big Bad Wolf.
- If you’re looking to pick up The Witcher, you can now grab it for free from GOG. You will need to have Gwent the Witcher the free-to-play card game downloaded first.
- The original The Witcher game based on the novels by the Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski got its release in 2007 on PC. Set in a dark fantasy world featuring Geralt of Rivia. While combat was a bit rough around the edges, it introduced an inspiring RPG world with a well built group of characters.
- If you want to see how this franchise got its start, you can gain The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free by picking it up on GOG. You will however, need to download Gwent first, the Witcher based card game but this title is also free. In the process you will be requested to sign up for GOG’s newsletter and will be given a free card keg according to the official GOG website.
For more about this news find it here in The Witcher Is Now Free On GOG After Downloading The Card Game Gwent.
Epic Mega Sale
- Epic Games store drops a massive sale which includes pre-purchases of upcoming titles yet to be released.
- The sale that starts May 16th will run until June 13th has been dubbed the “Epic Mega Sale” and it stands true to its name. The Epic Games Store which opened around six months ago, is offering up to 75% off titles as well as $10 off games that cost $14.99 or more. This sale causes no additional cost to the publisher or developer according to Epic.
- You can even snap up games that are available for pre-purchase these include Quantic Dream’s titles that are coming to PC for the first time Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls for $4.99, and Detroit Become Human for $19.99. This also includes upcoming Borderlands 3 all editions with a $10 price cut, standard edition is now $49.99, Deluxe Edition is now $69.99 and Super Deluxe Edition is now $89.99.
- But if you’ve recently purchased a game that just went on sale, threat not as Epic games are willing to refund you the difference in price as long as you purchased them between May 2nd and May 15th of this year.
For more about this news find it here in Epic Games Store Mega Sale Launches.
- Bandai Namco have announced the closed network test dates and times for upcoming action-RPG Code Vein.
- The network test dates will start for US on May 30th at 8PM PST until June 3rd 12 AM PST.
- For those in EU this will start on May 31st 5 AM CEST ending on June 3rd at 9 AM CEST.
- A registration page is now up on their website for those who wish to sign up to take part this May which includes multiplayer experience and select quests according to the Bandai Namco’s Twitter account.
- The network test will be available for both Playstation 4 and Xbox One with codes going out on May 29th.
For more about this news find it here in Code Vein Closed Network Test Starts May 30th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: