Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Rumour: Diablo 2
- A recent source has shared information stating that a subsidiary of Activision called Vicarious Visions is working on the remaster of Diablo 2.
- The French website Actugaming says that sources say a subsidiary of Activision called Vicarious Visions is currently working on the remaster for Diablo 2 Resurrected, set to release in the fourth quarter of this year.
- The editor of the website, made predictions on Diablo 4, Shadowlands and Overwatch 2 before they were announced publicly at Blizzcon last year, making their words a little more believable than most.
- So far there is no official word from Blizzard on this rumour but we will keep you posted with any updates. Are you excited for a Diablo 2 Remaster? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this rumour find it here in Rumour: Diablo 2 Remaster In Development.
- The Ascent is an action-RPG top-down shooter which was one of the titles to be revealed during Xbox Inside’s game title reveals earlier this week. The debut trailer showed a cyberpunk world, with lots of action.
- IGN has now published a 12 minute gameplay video featuring alpha footage of the gritty futuristic world where corporate security is long gone and it’s up to you to defend yourself.
- The action looks fast-paced and there’s plenty of enemies to blast away and interactive environments, with things that can go boom.
- The title will have solo and up to four-player co-op, with “unprecedented sense of verticality” according to the developer. There is plenty of cyberware customisation paired with shoot and loot gameplay.
For more on this news find it here in The Ascent A Cyberpunk Top-Down RPG Gets Gameplay Video.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
- Last week, Microsoft announced a number of games coming to their next-gen console Xbox Series X, which included Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2. Paradox Interactive and developer Hardsuits Labs now confirm that Playstation 5 will also be a platform available for Bloodlines 2.
- Previously platforms that had been confirmed were PS4, Xbox One and PC, but now adds both PS5 and Xbox Series X to the list.
- Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is an action-RPG set in the city of Seattle years after the events of the prequel. It is also based on the table top universe of the same name.
For more on this news find it here in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Adds PS5 Version.
- Scarlet Nexus the anime inspired upcoming Action-RPG has had a few more platforms confirmed following is Xbox Series X announcement. The hack and slash title will be coming to PS5, PS4 and PC.
- The title is a new IP which sets to “change the way gamers view Japanese RPGs with a powerful futuristic aesthetic as well as a streamlined combat system that balances fast-paced action with strategic planning” according to the developer.
- From the offset it looks to be anime inspired, along the lines of Bandai Namco’s previous souls-like title Code Vein in a post-apocalyptic setting, but instead takes place in futuristic world.
- The story follows a new recruit called Yuito Sumeragi, who uses the power of psycho-kinesis after the discovery of psionic hormones, to fight against the Others who are brain hungry mutants.
For more on this news find it here in Scarlet Nexus Adds PS5, PS4 And PC Versions.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- According to the Ubisoft German store listing, a game season pass for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will unlock a mission about the legendary Beowulf, where the main character Eivor will “discover the cruel truth behind the legend”.
- Beowulf is based on an Old English poem of the same name, that tells the tale of a hero who fights monsters but eventually gets defeated by a dragon.
- From the looks of it, Beowulf could be a bonus mission, not part of the main story for the season pass. So far the season pass has been described to take you to “new countries”.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing in the holidays 2020 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Stadia and PC.
For more on this news, find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass Will Unlock Beowulf Mission.
Elder Scrolls 6
- As we get closer to the month (or this year, months) of gaming events, the rumours and questions start to go into overdrive. One highly anticipated title that was debuted during E3 two years ago, has cropped up again.
- The first teaser for The Elder Scrolls 6 was revealed at E3 2018, a couple years ago now and since then details for the title have been thin.
- The update so far is not what we’d hoped, as Pete Hines Bethesda Game Studios president of marketing replied to a Twitter user about further details for ES6. He responded with “if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations.” He also went to explain that The Elder Scrolls 6 is not the next Bethesda title, as Starfield a new IP will be releasing before.
- This only supports that ES6 will yet again not be present during June’s announcements. Maybe there is still hope for something Starfield related? Are you looking forward to hearing more about Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news, find it here in The Elder Scrolls VI Won’t Be Coming Soon.
Divinity Original Sin 2
- According to a Twitter post that asked if Larian Studios will have any Divinity Original Sin 2 related news coming soon, director of publishing Michael Douse confirmed that a “couple of Divinity announcements” are underway.
- Larian Studios will be taking part in the Guerrilla Collective, a digital event taking place from June 6th to 8th, and will feature a number of announcements from indie developers, publishers and more.
- If you were hoping for a new Divinity game announcement, well it seems that won’t be happening, as Douse mentions a new game won’t be announced but he’s been “Playing around with Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2’s characters.”
- This could mean some sort of update coming for Divinity Original Sin 2, we will have to wait and see what Larian has in store. It’s safe to say there will be some news for Baldur’s Gate 3, as this is the title they are currently working on. Hopefully we will get a release window as well as some more details.
For more on this news find it here in Larian Teases Divinity Original Sin 2 June Announcements.
- Developer Gato Studios has released a new video showcasing the customisation available for character creation and gameplay for upcoming party-based RPG The Waylanders.
- The video shares that players will be able to choose a number options including race, class and backgrounds, adding plenty of customisation.
- The Waylanders is party-based RPG, set to have deep tactical combat, with time travel between Celtic and Medieval times, as well as multiple endings. It’s inspired by titles such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity.
- From the video you get peek at character creation which shows a number of options players can choose including body type, race, class and even background. Players get a choice of six base classes which are Warrior, Guardian, Rogue, Ranger, Sorcerer and Healer.
- If you’re interested to learn more about the backgrounds and customisation you can read about it on Fextralife.com.
For more on this news find it here in The Waylanders Character Creator And Gameplay Revealed.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: