Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Capcom have outlined new content coming to Monster Hunter World Iceborne, with a new title update roadmap, showing off more content coming this May.
- Come May, Alatreon a “Blazing Black Dragon” will be joining the fray in Iceborne as part of the free Update 4, a fan favourite that appeared in Monster Hunter 3. In previous Monster Hunter titles Alatreon is capable of utilising a number of elements including Thunder, Ice and Fire attacks, which looks to be true from the trailer, and gives a good idea of what’s to come.
- Capcom also announced this week they are celebrating 5 million units shipped for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne by giving all hunters a free item pack which contains Mega Potions, Dust of Life, Whetfish Fin+, King Armor Sphere and a Celestial Wyverian Print.
- Also the Event Quests have been moved up, which are now on until April 9th. This includes The Red Dragon, a Master Rank 6 quest where you will face the Mature Form of the Elder Dragon Xeno’jiiva in a special siege quest type.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne To Add Alatreon In May and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Celebrates 5 Million Units Shipped; Free Item Pack And Event Quests.
- Dread Nautical a horror themed strategy RPG set at sea will be joining more platforms on April 29th as it will release on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC via the Epic Games store.
- The title is set on a luxury cruise liner called the Hope, where players will explore a randomly generated ship. The game features roguelike elements with turn-based combat, where you choose one of four playable characters to venture the ship and meet other survivors. These survivors can join your party, you can plan your escape with choosing your attacks and skill upgrades.
- The latest trailer shows the conversations you may experience with the other survivors as well as how you’ll explore the ship and gain loot.
For more on this news find it here in Dread Nautical A Horror Themed Strategy RPG Releases On Consoles And PC Next Month.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- In an interview with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Co-Director Naoki Hamaguchi, they share some details about Midgar.
- Originally there were some locations in Final Fantasy 7 that were “implied”, meaning you wouldn’t actually see these in game and the screen would fade to black. However, in the remake the Square Enix team have worked on new areas all within the city, making for a “continuous experience”.
- Kitase also explained why they decided to release the game in a number of parts, expressing that they would have had to cut back on visual graphic quality if they released the game as a whole. Instead they decided that an “immersive” setting was the goal. This meant they could also add further details and expand upon the story that fans know and love.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake will release on April 7th on Playstation 4.
Dishonored: The Role-Playing Game
- Modisphius Entertainment have announced they have launched the Dishonored: The Role-Playing Game and is now available for tabletop.
- Dishonored: The Role-Playing Game is an adaptation of the Arkane stealth action-game based on the Dishonored universe, now brought to a tabletop setting. The RPG brings players “into the turbulent Empire of the Isles, to tell stories of occult lore, intrigue and drama,” where you will play the role of the Protagonists.
- You can choose from a range of roles from “grim assassins and rugged criminals, to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists”.
- The full rulebook for the tabletop is available in digital format for £15.00 GBP as well as a physical edition now available for pre-order for £34.99 GBP.
- Those who pick up the digital version will receive a discount code that can go towards the purchase of the physical copy once printing and shipping become available, which at the moment has been delayed.
For more on this news find it here in Dishonored: The Role-Playing Game Is A New Tabletop Out Now.
- The third DLC for the Action-RPG Code Vein, Lord of Thunder is now available for $9.99 or as part of the Season Pass for $24.99. It includes a new powerful enemy known as the Lord of Thunder.
- The DLC also brings additional weapons, Blood Veils and Blood Codes. Plus you’ll gain some alternate costumes for your partners as well as explore new added areas in the Depths.
- Code Vein is available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The DLC Lord of Thunder is now available on all platforms.
- Composer for FromSoftware titles such as Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Dark Souls III, Yuka Kitamura confirms she is working on Elden Ring.
- With this track record of working on a number of games with the developer, fans were to curious to know if she would be working on the next big title Elden Ring. On Twitter, Yuka Kitamura confirmed this.
- It’s been some time since we’ve heard much about Elden Ring this year.
- Hopefully we’ll be hearing a lot more soon about the title, but with the current situation it’s hard to say when exactly From’s next big reveal will be. We will of course update you on any further info as it releases, in the mean time you drop by our Elden Ring wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Elden Ring Soundtrack Is Being Worked On By Bloodborne And Sekiro Composer Yuka Kitamura.
- Perfect World Entertainment and Echtra Games have announced a new hero class for upcoming Torchlight III called Sharpshooter.
- Torchlight III which was rebranded from the original Torchlight Frontiers title, is adding a new class to the Action-RPG which mixes careful precision skills with a range weapon, plus magical trinkets, letting you attack enemies from a distance.
- This latest addition is featured in the current Closed Alpha on Steam and will be available for players worldwide when the game launches later this year on PC.
- Sharpshooter has a number of ranged skills including Scatter Shot which deploys bursts of projectiles that deal a cone damage range, and Loyal Shasta which is a spirit wolf that deals weapon damage as well as taunts enemies.
- Torchlight 3 will be releasing sometime this year on PC via Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Torchlight III Introduces New Hero Class Sharpshooter.
Divinity Original Sin 2
- Larian Studios the developer behind Divinity Original Sin as well as the upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3 have announced an amazing sale. You can now grab Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition for 50% off, previously $44.99 and now only $22.49 on Steam. Be sure to catch this offer while it lasts which will be until the end of the month.
- This is a great price for the CRPG that offers party based campaigns, in a fantasy world where you can play 6 presets characters or customise your own. Choose everything from race to the skills they master which has over 200 to explore which makes for numerous builds.
- It’s systemic sandbox style, two player online or split screen mode offers players a chance to team up with friends which is unique for an RPG.
- If you’re looking for build guides look no further than our Youtube channel as we have quite a few.
For more on this news find it here in Divinity: Original Sin 2 Now 50% Off.
- The upcoming Fallout 76 Wastelanders expansion has been delayed…again, but this time it’s just a week later. Originally set for April 7th, it will be arriving a week later instead on April 14th. This expansion includes the long awaited human NPCs which will be fully voiced.
- This time the postponement is a different situation, which has affected quite a few industry events and development.
- The update is meant to fix the lack of life, the dialogue choices, factions as well as quest based content.
- Fallout 76 is currently available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The upcoming free Wastelanders expansion will now release on April 14th.
For more on this news find it here in Fallout 76 Wastelanders Expansion Delayed To April 14th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: