Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Elder Scrolls Online
- The next expansion for the Elder Scrolls Online has been revealed by ZeniMax and it’s a good one: We’re heading to the Summerset Isle – ancestral home of the High Elves.
- This is the first time since Elder Scrolls: Arena that players have been able to explore the Summerset Isles, and since the region was randomly generated in Arena, that barely counts. With shining cities, vibrant forests, tropical lagoons, coral caves and mysterious ruins, it’s a much brighter setting than Morrowind.
- In addition to the new zone the Expansion will feature a new Trial, a new Skill Line called Psijic Order and last but not least Jewelry Crafting!
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is currently available for pre-purchase and as an incentive, Zenimax is offering a new mount – the Nightmare Senche. And, for a limited time only, they’re also giving away a free copy of the Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion with digital pre-purchase of Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset.
- Stay tuned for our breakdown article later this week, detailing what this expansion means for the game!
CD Projekt Red
- Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t out yet, CD Projekt Red are already looking past it at a future release. This news was revealed thanks to their latest financial report which states that following the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, the developer is looking to release another “AAA, story-driven RPG” by 2021. At this point there are no clues as to what this mystery game might be.
- So, let the speculation begin! What would you like their next game to be? A remake of an old favourite, a sequel to one of their other games or a brand new RPG? Let us know below.
Monster Hunter World
- The wait is over fellow hunters and the Spring Update for Monster Hunter World has arrived for all (except PC players, *snicker*). This 600 ish MB update brings a lot to the table including the unleashing of Deviljho, new Weapons and Armor , quality of life additions & changes, and Weapon adjustments/tweaks. For the whole breakdown of the Spring Update and some bonus info, be sure to check out the article on the blog
- But wait there’s more, If you’re playing the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions of Monster Hunter World and want to change your avatar’s appearance then good news! Capcom recently announced that the avatar design remake will be available for Monster Hunter World through paid tickets. Additionally, a free Character Edit Voucher will be available to players so that one character can be changed without paying for the privilege. The free Character Edit Voucher is now available on PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store, so go pick yours up if you haven’t already!
- Platinum Games‘ NieR: Automata celebrated its one-year birthday yesterday and in that time, the game has sold 2.5 million copies across all platforms. Considering it’s quite a niche RPG and following up from NieR – a title that didn’t exactly break any sales records when it was released – that’s quite impressive.
- In other Nier Automata news, French publisher Third Editions announced they have met the stretch goal on Kickstarter for Taro Yoko (NieR, Drakengard) to be written. It’s a book that details the background of NieR and the creative mind behind it. Taro Yoko will be released in North America this year.
- For more on Taro Yoko and its stretch goals, you can visit its Kickstarter page, which is still ongoing for another 19 days. You can also find details there of other books which have already been funded – such as ones about Final Fantasy and Dark Souls.
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
- It’s finally here! Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom launched just a couple of days ago for PlayStation 4 and PC! A sequel to one of the best JRPGs of all time, Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom has been high on many people’s wish lists for some time now.
- So far, reviews of the game have been largely positive. It’s sitting pretty at 9/10 on Trusted Reviews and is has an average score of 86% on Metacritic.
- So, did you enjoy Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch? If so, what are your thoughts regarding the sequel? If you’ve already been playing it, we’d love to hear your take on it, so please comment below and let us know.
- It’s been a while since we heard anything about the upcoming Switch RPG, Penny Punching Princess. It was announced by NIS America last summer, alongside The Longest Five Minutes. Well we finally have some information for you!
- The game’s cast of heroes has been revealed via a video and it features the titular Princess (a pragmatic girl who loves money), her butler Sebastian, the zombie Isabella, a money god Zenigami, and a dragon-guy named Dragoloan.
- We will keep you updated as more information becomes available!
West Of Loathing
- And now it’s time for news about that cowboy game you’ve been dying to play! No, not Red Dead Redemption 2 – it’s West of Loathing!
- West of Loathing is a single-player slapstick comedy adventure role-playing game set in the wild west of the Kingdom of Loathing universe. Its gameplay is a hybrid of point-and-click adventure and open-world RPG. The stick-figure characters advance through branching narratives and engage in tactical turn-based combat.
- West of Loathing will be launching later this year as a timed exclusive for Nintendo Switch, but will eventually make it’s way to the PC platform.
Tower Of Time
- The Isometric party-based RPG Tower of Time by developer Event Horizon, will leave Early Access this April into a fully released state.
- As of now, Tower of Time has a release date of April 12th, 2018 and Event Horizon has pushed out a pre-release update for the game. This means the game is now effectively feature complete, with all the game mechanics in place for launch. All that’s missing are the last four levels of the Tower, which will be added in time for the full release in just 2 weeks.
- If you haven’t heard of this game you might want to check it out, as it is one of our Top 5 Upcoming RPGs for April!
Ys: Memories Of Celceta
- It has recently been announced by publisher XSEED via Twitch that Ys: Memories of Celceta will be released on PC in the summer.
- Ys: Memories of Celceta was released for PlayStation Vita in Japan in 2012 and North America in 2013 as well as in Australia and Europe in 2014. The PC version will have some improvements over the Vita one.
- Hyde Inc. will be handling porting the PC version of the game, and they also ported Ys Seven, so the game should be in good hands.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: