Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos
- Obsidian’s latest DLC expansion for the RPG The Outer Worlds, is Murder on Eridanos released for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC this week.
- It is the second and final DLC for The Outer Worlds, taking players on an adventure to the skies of Eridanos to solve a murder mystery. In this whodunit experience, players will need to figure out how the Rizzo’s hired spokesperson, Halcyon Helen has wound up dead, ahead of the release of the brand-new Spectrum Brown Vodka.
- This DLC features murder mystery, unique floating islands of Eridanos, new weapons, and character customisation, including three new science weapons.
- Previously it was announced this would be the last DLC for The Outer Worlds but a sequel could be in the IP’s future.
- The expansion pass is currently available on sale for $19.99 on Steam, which includes previously released DLC Peril on Gorgon. Or you can get Murder on Eridanos separately for $14.99.
- Be sure to check out our review of the DLC on our Youtube channel in Murder on Eridanos Review | The Outer Worlds DLC: Is it Worth It?
For more on this news find it here in The Outer Worlds DLC Murder On Eridanos Launches March 17th.
- Developer Clover Bite has released new gameplay footage for upcoming metroidvania souls-like Grime.
- Combining a mix of surreal, anatomical horror with the souls-like experience, GRIME is an Action-Adventure RPG that looks uniquely creepy. Clover Bite the developer behind the gruesome-looking title has released some new footage that shows off the gameplay, including mutating living weapons and challenging combat.
- Features include mutating creature weapons, parrying, unique skill progression and more.
- Previously Clover Bite revealed some of the game’s combat mechanics including a black hole that can suck enemies in, letting the player gain their power and use them to attack. This handy power also can be used to transverse the world. The game offers other features such as some challenging platforming, exploration and lets you uncover a number of secrets. You may also discover more about the alien world’s lore
- GRIME will be available on PC and other platforms but so far no release date has been announced as of yet.
For more on this news find it here in Grime A Souls-Like Metroidvania Gets New Gameplay Video.
Gothic 1 Remake
- New details have emerged for the upcoming Gothic Remake which is being published by THQ Nordic and developed by Alkimia Interactive. Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the original game, new details and screenshots have been shared about the Action-RPG.
- The Steam page is now live which lists both the developer Alkimia Interactive and publisher THQ Nordic. The page also details that the remake will stay faithful to the original Gothic 1, but will now include a “modernized combat system”. There are also new screenshots that show off some of the environments.
- Gothic 1 is a classic open-world action-RPG that was released back in 2001 about an orcish invasion into human lands in the kingdom of Myrtana.
- Last year THQ released a playable teaser demo for the Gothic Remake back in February on Steam, which was well received by fans convincing the publisher to move forward with producing a full-fledged remake of the game.
- Gothic 1 Remake so far doesn’t have a release window, but THQ Nordic have stated it will be coming to “PC and Next-Gen consoles”.
For more on this news find it here in Gothic Remake New Details.
- Wizards of the Coast have announced the Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance co-op Action-RPG will be releasing June 22nd 2021.
- A new trailer has dropped for upcoming D&D Dark Alliance, an Action-RPG set to release on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
- Dark Alliance is the reboot of the classic Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game, but this time taking an over the shoulder approach rather than top down.
- The game sets to get players right into the action, with up close combat and as well as ranged weapons. At the beginning according to an interview with IGN, the developer wanted to create a game similar to Diablo, a top-down hack and slash but the concept started to change according to creative director and co-founder at Tuque Games, Jeff Hattem.
- Hattem also shared in a interview with Polygon that Dark Alliance will have 21 missions, each taking between 20 to 25 minutes to complete in group co-op.
- For single-player, it will take 40 minutes or more for each level. Hattem explained the game focuses on replayability, having players challenge themselves with higher difficulties and to gain better Armor and gear. With different gear sets to collect, granting bonus perks with three, five and eight item sets.
- For those hoping for cross-platform to be a feature, Hattem confirmed that it won’t be at launch, nor will couch co-op be a feature.
- Gameplay offers all the button mashing you could want, but also offers an experience that lets players master both the strengths and weakness of each attack, ability and combo.
- As for the future, it seems the developer is open to adding more content, Hattem shared this could include further maps and gear if players are keen.
- Dark Alliance is now available for pre-order and will launch on June 22nd. Want more Dark Alliance? Headover to our Fextralife Dark Alliance wiki for more info.
For more news on this find it here in Dark Alliance A D&D Action RPG Release Date Announced.
- Following hints this week, Microsoft has finally confirmed that the sci-fi co-op shooter RPG Outriders will be coming to Xbox Game Pass upon launch. The title launches on April 1st (no joke) and will be available on Microsoft’s subscription based game service.
- Microsoft have confirmed however it will be only available for console and Cloud (Beta) from April 1st.
- If you haven’t yet, you can check out the Outriders demo which gives a good chunk of content for players to experience before taking the plunge to play the game. Developer People Can Fly have shared that two million people have already downloaded the game’s demo so far.
- You can also check out our Outriders Gameplay Demo Gameplay Impressions on our channel to find out what we thought of the game so far, including classes, multiplayer, skills and more.
For more on this news find it here in Outriders Will Launch On Xbox Games Pass.
Disco Elysium The Final Cut
- ZA/UM announced this week Disco Elysium The Final Cut will release on March 30th.
- The Final Cut version comes with 4K with 60fps for the PS5 version as well as optimised surround sound.
- ZA/UM previously announced those who already own the game on PC will be able to get the upgraded version for free. One of the major additions of the Final Cut version is full voice-acting, which covers the million-word script, so now you can enjoy the quirky script all acted out.
- There are also added quests that didn’t make it into the original version of the game, but were planned and are now being added with this new version. Discover new characters, and a new location to explore.
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be releasing on March 30th 2021 for Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Steam, GOG, The App Store, Epic Games Store, and Google Stadia. Also coming to Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch in Summer 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Disco Elysium The Final Cut Releases March 30th.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Following the release of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake DLC episode for Yuffie, Square Enix has confirmed there will be no more content for the first part of the game, and will continue working on Part Two.
- In a recent interview with Famitsu, creative director of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series director Tetsuya Nomura shared more about the intent of the Intergrade version which was announced back in February. Originally it was planned as a full PS5 version of the original game without the DLC, but the development team decided to offer an “upgrade” route instead with the Intergrade version, meaning having to categorise the Yuffie episode as DLC.
- Nomura also confirmed that there won’t be any further content coming to the first part of the game, as they are “prioritizing the roadmap for completing the next game…” This means we can only hope to expect more DLC only after the game has been completed.
- Sonon was also revealed previously, the creative director also confirmed that while you can’t play as Sonon, you can combo battle abilities with Yuffie.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade releases on June 10th, 2021 for PS4 and PS5.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy 7 Remake Devs Will Concentrate On Part 2 After The Release Of Episode Yuffie.
- The Action-RPG Scarlet Nexus has finally got a release date this week, which is now announced for June 25th, launching on PC via Steam, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
- A new trailer which features some of storyline shows Kisane Randall, who shares about the Red String seen in the footage. Red Strings are connected to different characters’ abilities, which can be borrowed, taking on their special abilities in battles.
- The video also previews some of the abilities each character possesses all psychic kinetic in nature, with a brief introduction for each of the team members. It also teases something perilous happening in connection to Red Strings.
- If that wasn’t enough Scarlet Nexus news, an anime series has also been announced by Funimation, produced by Sunrise which will release in summer 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Scarlet Nexus Release Date Trailer And Anime Unveiled; Pre-Order Details.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
- The tactical RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister will be getting a new update this spring. Developer Tactical Adventures shares some of the upcoming features which includes increased progression level cap, more difficulty settings, pickup quests, characters’ background-related missions and a brand new Dungeon Maker tool.
- The update goes live on March 25th for both Steam and GOG.
- The update brings the beta version of the Dungeon Maker, a highly requested feature that lets players create and customise their own dungeons, share them with other players and play them in the game. This adds a whole new way to customise your game.
- One other major change with this update is difficulty levels, Tactical are adding more options for players in this update, meaning if you found the previous playthrough too easy, you can now adjust the challenge.
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister is currently in Steam Early Access and GOG.
For more on this news find it here in Solasta: Crown Of The Magister Spring Update Arrives March 25th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: