Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Larian Studios finally unveiled some gameplay during PAX East 2020 for upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3.
- But we also got to check out an almost 3 hour presentation before the conference which shared a lot info about gameplay, mechanics, character creation, classes and combat.
- The visuals are quite akin to that of Divinity Original Sin 2, as Larian is using an updated engine but even layout and character creation is quite similar. However, this will change over time and is not the final look.
- The gameplay preview also confirmed turn-based combat which many have speculated, and there is no real-time combat.
- We also got to see the dialogue options with first person point of view and some of the interactions you can expect in game.
- We have two whole new videos which cover Everything We Know about Baldur’s Gate 3 as well as our First Impressions, so if you want to know more you can check out those videos on our channel.
For more on Baldur’s Gate 3 be sure to read/watch next Baldur’s Gate III: Everything We Know So Far (Gameplay & Mechanics).
- CD Projekt Red have unveiled new details that could sway you in picking up Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One as there will be a free upgrade available for Xbox Series X when it’s available.
- In a tweet the developer explained how it would be unfair to force players to purchase the same game twice as many will upgrade to the latest version of Xbox when it releases, so to make things a little fairer they are offering Cyberpunk players a free upgrade.
- This is part of the “Smart Delivery” system ensuring that players have the best version of the Xbox title for their hardware.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most highly anticipated titles of this year, with it’s sci-fi action gameplay and highly detailed world. It also made our list of Fextralife’s Top 10 Upcoming RPGs Of 2020 which is quite a packed year.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077’S Xbox One Version Will Have Free Xbox Series X Upgrade.
Elder Scrolls Online
- This week was the arrival of the latest patch update 25 for Elder Scrolls Online. Along with it came the latest downloadable content Harrowstorm, which provides two new dungeons, Icereach and Unhallowed Grave.
- Update 25 is a bit of an unusual one as it means all players need to redownload the game, but the good news is that will save a chunk of space on your harddrive as Zenimax have now consolidated a number of duplicate files and older data that is now obsolete.
- There were also a few performance improvements to the base game, the first wave of framerate updates providing smoother display of motion and optimisation.
- The two new dungeons are part of the Dark Heart of Skyrim content. Icereach takes players across the Seas of Ghosts to the witch coven that inhabit the isle.
- Unhallowed Grave takes players to the old Bangkorai Garrison, where something mysterious is buried. Expect a lot of grappling fun with this one.
- New dungeons means new sets including two additional monster sets.
- For all the major changes with update 25 you can check out our website and visit our Elder Scrolls Online wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Update 25 Harrowstorm Major Changes.
- Bandai Namco sneakily released another DLC for Code Vein called Frozen Empress. This DLC is now available either separately for $9.99 or as part of the Season Pass for $24.99.
- The DLC introduces the ice wielding foe known as the Frozen Empress who can use ice-elemental attacks with their cold iron armor. Accompanying the Empress’ attacks are two crystals that on occasion will trigger support effects.
- Clearing the Horror Hunting Trials will grant players with bonuses such as new Gifts, weapons, blood veils and cosmetics, but there are certain requirements during the battle against the “Frozen Empress” that will need to be completed.
For more on this news find it here in Code Vein DLC Frozen Empress Launch Trailer.
- Koei Tecmo this week hosted a fan event in Tokyo where they showed some gameplay of the upcoming action-RPG Nioh 2.
- They showcased some of the single-player combat, including gameplay featuring a few different weapon types such as bows and Switchglaives.
- There was also some multiplayer gameplay shown, pitting players again the boss Makara Naotaka.
- There was also more news from the developer Team Ninja who shared in an article in Famitsu about post-launch content. They are planning to add further difficulty modes after launch as well as three big DLC stories which will be comparable to the size of the previous Nioh’s downloadable content.
- Other interesting highlights include that the devs wish to add two new weapons to the game but are having a hard time coming up with some ideas, so they are asking players for some suggestions. So if you want to share some requests, now’s probably the time to tweet the devs with the kind of weapons you’d want to see in the game.
- The Last Chance Trial is currently happening over this weekend until March 1st allowing players to try out three missions. You can also check out our Twitch channel to see this trial in action.
For more on this news find it here in Nioh 2 Livestream Shows Off Single-Player And Multiplayer PS4 Gameplay and Nioh 2 To Have Further Difficulty Updates Plus Endgame Content.
- Blizzard have released their first quarterly update for Diablo IV of the year which outlines some of the changes to UI, the Monster Family, co-op features and more updates.
- The action bar position has changed a little but depending on what platform you’re planning on playing on. While Blizz aimed to have the action bar positioned on the left of screen to help alleviate space in the middle of screen to help with viewing combat, this didn’t not work well when tested with PC players. Ultimate what they found was depending on how far away you’re sitting from your screen, will determine which one works best.
- Since PC will come with controller support, they are planning to give both options for corner action bar and middle to suit both inputs.
- This is the first time Blizzard will be producing a Diablo game simultaneously on console and PC.
- To give fluidity between the different inputs, UI has become quite grid based. The developer assures that controller support won’t limit how complex the game is, and they are striving to make the layout interaction as user friendly as possible.
- Fans will be happy to know that couch co-op is very much apart of the Diablo IV. One thing that Blizzard has decided to do is allow core progression UI screens to be opened by either player independently, and can be viewed at the same time.
- The update also introduce Monster Families which contain a number of different enemy archetypes, each having their own combat style and look.
If you want to know more about this news find it here in Diablo IV Quarterly Update Reveals Monster Family, Co-Op UI And More.
Black Desert Online
- Pearly Abyss are celebrating the 4th anniversary of the fantasy MMORPG Black Desert Online with a free weekend from now and ends March 2nd at 4 PM CET / 7 AM PST / 10 AM EST.
- They are also giving away free game passes to players. You can pick up the game from the official website or on Steam.
- If you haven’t tried the game pass for Black Desert Online, now’s your chance. You can claim a free Starter Package game pass by visiting their official website.
- The fantasy MMORPG comes with highly detailed character customisation tools, high action combat with monsters to slay, a huge open-world to explore and Life Skills such as crafting, hunting fishing and more.
If you want to know more about this news find it here in Black Desert Online 4th Anniversary Celebrates With Free Weekend And Game Pass.
- A recent livestream introduced more features for upcoming online action-RPG Blue Protocol by Bandai Namco. It also talked about the possibility of a global release.
- Blue Protocol so far has been announced for a Japanese release only. Recently it was announced the MMORPG will be a free-to-play title, with a Japanese Closed Beta Test starting in late March.
- The livestream (which was summarised by Blue Protocol DB) where the developers talked about the question of whether there would be global servers. However, while they do have a global release in mind, they still need to hire people to have an international launch and don’t have an announcement for now.
- There were also more details revealed which include a game pass type monetisation model, no current plans for PvP, plans for player housing, fishing and further classes post-launch.
- There is also an arena mode which pits players against waves of monsters.
For more on this news find it here in Blue Protocol Developer Wants A Global Release.
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: