Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Skybound and Beamdog
- Earlier this year publisher Skybound Games and developer Beamdog announced they would be bringing classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights to consoles this year. Now they have announced when these enhanced editions will be released.
- Skybound Games and Beamdog have outlined that enhanced editions of D&D RPGs will be getting physical special boxed editions. There will be three packs available, the first will bring The Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Pack. This will include Baldur’s Gate and the sequel Baldur’s Gate II together in one pack which will include all DLC releases and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion.
- The second pack is the Planescape: Torment/Icewind Dale pack, set to include enhanced editions of each game, including DLCs released for both. Both Baldur’s Gate and Planescape/Icewind Dale packs will release on September 24th in North America and on September 27th elsewhere.
- The third pack will be the release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Pack, set to include all its DLC. There will also be local and online multiplayer available and will release on December 3rd in North America and December 6th elsewhere.
- Now you can get your hands on these RPG classics in these packs, bringing them to console for the first time. The three packs will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this this news find it here in Skybound And Beamdog Will Bring Classic D&D RPGs To Console This Year.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
- Now’s a great time to delve into Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire as GOG have put it on sale with 60% off.
- You can now pick up the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Obsidian Edition which includes base game, season pass and explorers pack for $29.99. The season pass includes 3 DLCs Beast of Winter, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor and The Forgotten Sanctum. Explorer pack comes with official soundtrack download, in-game pet, in-game item, digital pen & paper starter guide, a digital high-resolution map and digital guidebook.
- Players can take on the adventure of a dangerous voyage to discover the unexplored archipelago region of Deadfire aboard their very own ship. With a vast range of character customisation options, a deep single player RPG experience and classic Dungeons & Dragons gameplay.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire recently gained its last patch which brought a host of features including new ship UI, a new God Challenge and brought turn based mode out of a beta.
- To check out all the latest changes you can watch our Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire: Patch 5.0 video.
To read more about this this news find it here in Pillar’s Of Eternity II: Deadfire On Sale On GOG For $29.99.
The Surge 2
- In a mighty post on Twitter, Deck 13 reveal that the next instalment for their sci-fi souls-like The Surge 2 will be getting it’s release this year on September 24th. The title is set on a dying earth, where human life must face strange anomalies that have infected the planet’s surface.
- The Surge 2 will take place outside on earth this time rather than the setting of CREO, like in the previous title. Players will get to experience 10 different weapon types, doubling what the first game had. You will also get to try new armor as well as some original ones from The Surge. There are some new features including Implants which will add some new customisation to the game and full character creation.
- You can find out more about this upcoming title in our The Surge 2 Preview: Stronger, Faster, Character Creation! which takes an indepth look into the action RPG.
To read more about this this news find it here in The Surge 2 Gets Release Date For September 24th.
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom has been giving players a plethora of new sneak peeks of the upcoming additions for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. The latest information they have released is a new story trailer, and livestream details for E3 2019.
- Players will be able to pick up from where the main Monster Hunter story ended last, and join forces with the Research Commission once again to explore the undiscovered new land of Hoarfrost Reach, which will be the largest map in the game.
- Following an unusual sighting of a flock of Legianas from the Ancient Forest, the team journeys across the waters to a new locale with a frigid climate covered in snow and ice. The group sets up a new base camp called Seliana in Hoarfrost Reach.
- In this trailer it showcases the Tigrex, a monster that veterans will know very well. We also get to see The Shrieking Legiana is a new Legiana variant that is covered in icicles and possesses devastating ice attacks.
- To catch more of Iceborne you can tune in during E3 on June 11th for the developer showcase at 2PM EDT and watch the Demo with special guests on June 12th at 4PM EDT.
To read more about this this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Reveals X E3 Demo Details.
Rumor: Fable IV
- Last year a rumor arose about the next instalment of the Fable series. The previous project Fable Legends had been cancelled due to the closure of Lionhead Studios. But sparking a new hope of a possible Fable IV, Playground Games had been reportedly working on an “open-world RPG”.
- Now a Reddit user by the name of LagSwag1 has listed the details of the supposed upcoming Fable game after the source video was deleted. This includes “first and third person perspectives”, “a completely open-world” and “no more guns”.
- In the thread Resetera users asked the poster of what they saw, which LagSwag1 replied that they had seen a “brief clip of a guy running”, “character customizations” and “little story about a meteor”.
- We’ll have to wait and see whether Microsoft will reveal a Fable game at their press conference at E3 next week.
To read more about this this news find it here in Rumour: Fable IV Details Leaked.
Pokemon Sword and Shield
- The latest Nintendo Direct featuring Pokemon Sword and Shield went live ahead of Nintendo’s planned press conference at E3 2019. Not only did they share a bunch of new details which included arena battles, new Pokemon of the Galar region, but also a new feature called Max Raid Battles and Dynamax. Probably the biggest news of all was saved until last which was finally unveiling the release date which will be November 15th of this year.
- One new feature which was shared was Max Raid battles, involving up to four players who can team up to take down a wild Pokemon. Meaning you can team up with friends online to help tackle special Pokemon that will only appear in this mode.
- We also got to learn about the new Dynamax feature, where Pokemon will be extremely large, gaining strength, but this feature can only be used once per battle with three turns of use. This was shown in arena battles where a stadium of fans watch your every move, also apparently Galar likes to broadcast battles live so trainers better not be camera shy.
- It also turns out the name Sword and Shield refers to the Legendary Pokemon, Zacian and Zamazenta who each bear a sword or shield feature.
- Pokemon Sword and Shield will be release on November 15th with pre-orders now available for $59.99.
To read more about this new find it here Pokemon Sword And Shield Release Date Revealed For November And More Details Announced.
- The 2D hack and slash Blasphemous is getting closer to a release date as the developer The Game Kitchen together with publisher Team 17 share that it will be releasing this year.
- The dark action platformer started its Kickstarter campaign in 2017, securing well over its $50,000 goal with a $333,246 total backing. It grabbed the attention of many who were taken by its gothic style and merciless gameplay that takes inspiration from 2D sidescrollers with metroidvania influence.
- The latest trailer shows off some of the forsaken land and some of areas players will face. Exploring the nightmarish world of Cvstodia, players will take up the role of The Penitent One, the only living survivor of the massacre of the Silent Sorrow.
- Expect “devastating combos and brutal executions”. We also get to see a peek at the customisation when it comes to builds, players can choose from a number of abilities for their desired playstyle.
- Blasphemous will release sometime this year 2019.
To read more about this new find it here Blasphemous A 2D Non-Linear Platformer Releases This Year.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Last week Larian Studios had teased a giant number “3” on their website, causing many to believe that they were in fact in the process of working on Baldur’s Gate 3. They now release a new trailer confirming that this is true which was unveiled during the Google Stadia Connect stream.
- According to an article by Eurogamer, Baldur’s Gate 3 has been in the works for quite some time now, even before Divinity Original Sin 2 had shipped back in September 2017. However, so far there has been no word of when we can expect Baldur’s Gate 3 to release. Larian have shared that they will be releasing the title on PC and Google Stadia.
- A trailer has been released sharing the announcement confirmation which shows the city of Baldur’s Gate and the aftermath of a battle. The main character seen is a member of the Flaming Fists, as he struggles to make his way through the city, he is struck with some sort of affliction taking over his body.
- Rapidly his condition worsens, going through a horrific transformation as he turns into something quite lovecraftian, with long tentacles emerging into his final form of a mind flayer.
- If you were wondering if this would be another Epic Games exclusive Larian have made it clear in an article with US Gamer that this isn’t the direction they wish to follow as they want the title available “everywhere”.
- So far the details are few, but we’re looking forward to hearing more about Baldur’s Gate 3, we’ll keep you posted as we learn more.
To read more about this new find it here Baldur’s Gate 3 Confirmed By Larian.
- A lot of details were shared during the Google Stadia Connect broadcast which outlined the pricing plan as well as the 14 territories it that available upon launch in November. US, UK and Canada will be among the first regions to gain Stadia.
- There will be 31 games from 21 publishers for those who purchase a Founder’s Edition, which will be available for $130 which includes a Chromecast Ultra for your TV and a limited edition dark blue Stadia controller. This edition will also come with 3 months of premium service with a monthly fee of $10 then after. There will also be a different free tier version coming later in 2020.
- While you may be thinking that Stadia is a subscription service similar to that of what Netflix is to movies, you’d be half right. To begin with Stadia will only have Destiny 2 on their subscription list, in future they will add a back catalog of free games included in the $10 a month fee. They also plan to sell games “like any other digital storefront” according to Google’s director of games Jack Buser. So far there are a number of studios that are supporting the platform.
- Among the list of games The Elder Scrolls Online, Baldur’s Gate 3, Final Fantasy XV, Borderlands 3, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and more.
- Not all the features that were outlined at Google’s GDC 2019 press conference will be coming at launch, but more details will be on the way.
To read more about this new find it here Google Stadia Launch Revealed For November Along With Games And Pricing.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: