Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Stricter E3 2018 Security Guidelines
- If you’re heading to E3 this year you might want to rethink what you’re bringing. This year’s E3 will be a little different as they lay out some new rules for convention goers about what types of bags they are allowed bring, as well contents.
- If you are not part of the media or an exhibitor, backpacks are no longer allowed on the show floor. Those with a Gamer Pass will be allowed to instead carry a bag that fits the dimensions of 12″ x 15″ x 6″ in size.
- If you don’t have a media badge you will not be allowed to bring in cameras or tripods as these are restricted from the convention.
- E3 will take place next week between June 12th to 14th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
To read more about this, find out more in New Stricter Security Guidelines For E3 2018.
The Lost Child New Trailer
- We get a new trailer this week for the JRPG dungeon crawler The Lost Child. It features some of the English dialogue and the purpose of snacks in the game.
- The trailer features an interesting conversation involving Lua, an angel who sets about purchasing some snacks from a shopkeeper named Leon. However, these “snacks” are a little peculiar.
- Should Lua be accepting snacks from someone who’s eyes change suddenly…probably not but I guess we’ll have to find out when the game is released. The Lost Child releases next month on June 19th on PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch.
To watch the trailer and read more check it out in The Lost Child New Trailer Featuring English Dialogue.
The Sinking City New Teaser Trailer
- Frogwares the developers behind Sherlock Holmes game series, is bringing out a new horror adventure game called The Sinking City. Set in Massachusetts in the 1920’s, a mysterious flood has engulfed the city of Oakmont.
- Players play the role of a private investigator who tries to uncover the root of the disaster. As he gets to the murky depths of the problem, a monster with tentacles pulls him in.
- The Lovecraftian inspired game is an open-world investigative action-adventure story, that has it’s own mysteries to uncover.
- The Sinking City is set to launch on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC. More will be revealed at this year’s E3 2018.
To read more about the taser trailer find it here in Open-World Lovecraft Horror The Sinking City New Teaser Trailer.
Nioh Over 2 Million in Copies Sold
- Team Ninja announce on their official Twitter account that the action JRPG Nioh has reached over 2 million copies sold.
- Nioh is a dark action RPG set in the 1600s in Japan. Players play the role of an Irishman William, who eventually trains in the arts of the Samurai.
- Team Ninja are the same developers behind the fighting game series Dead or Alive and the 3D Ninja Gaiden reboot. This is huge news for Team Ninja, especially for a new IP. Nioh was originally released in February 2017 and is available to play on Playstation 4 and PC.
- If you play Nioh you should definitely check out our wiki over on Fextralife.com.
To find out more about this article read it here in Nioh Reaches Sales Of Over 2 Million Copies Worldwide.
EVE Online New Expansion
- EVE Online the space themed online sci-fi game is getting a new expansion called Into the Abyss. Bringing a new place to explore called Abyssal Deadspace.
- Along with a new area comes a new environment inhabited by the civilization known as the Triglavian Collective. Possessing biotechnolgy the Triglavian’s can harvest existing modules and once used have unpredictable outcomes.
- New destructive weapon systems are introduce known as Entropic Disintegrators.
- An improved interface for Planetary Interactions has also been added to help maintain and understand the productive workflow.
- The EVE Online update Into the Abyss is a free update and is available now on Windows and Mac.
To read more about the updates the free expansion bring read it in EVE Online New Free “Into The Abyss” Update Introduces Exploration Gameplay And More.
Nintendo Reveals New Pokemon Game
- There has been a lot of speculation about whether Nintendo were going to reveal the new Pokémon game during E3 2018. But it seems we’ve got our answer as a trailer confirming the release of Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! has popped up this week for Nintendo Switch.
- For anyone who has played the original Pokémon Red and Blue or the more recent Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon versions, will know that the they are based on turn-based RPG style of games. But the new games are not going to be in the same format. However, they will take some features of the RPG games along with some updated ones.
- Not only will you be able to play the game with only one Joy-Con but the game will be able to interact with the Pokémon Go game app on iOS and Android. This game is not considered one of the “core series”, or the RPG that was teased at last year’s E3, as that one will release in 2019.
- The price of game has been set at 4,980 yen (around $49 USD) in Japan but no news as of yet for prices outside Japan has been announced. The game is set to release on the Nintendo Switch on November 16th, 2018.
To read further details about the new Pokemon games read about in Nintendo Reveals Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Let’s Go Eevee! For Nintendo Switch.
Code Vein Release Date To Be Revealed
- We finally get some news on the official release of Code Vein, the souls-like JRPG. However, you will have to wait until June 4th at 7:00pm pacific time in order to find out when.
- Bandai Namco revealed in a tweet that a new trailer and launch date will be revealed on that day.
- Alternatively you can check Fextralife.com as we will keep you posted on all the latest Code Vein news.
- Code Vein will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this in Code Vein Release Date To Be Revealed On June 4th.
RuneScape Classic Is To Shut Down
- The classic fantasy multiplayer online RPG RuneScape Classic is one of the original MMOs and has been running for more than a decade.
- However, over the years it has dwindled in popularity but still holds a community on platforms such as Twitch and Youtube. In a farewell post on the website blog, the developers Jagex explained that the game will start to be taken offline over the next three months. The blog post also shares that newer technology has made games like Classic more “easily abused” making it more vulnerable to botting.
- Runescape Classic will be taking it’s servers offline at 8 am BST/12 am PST on August 6th, 2018.
- What are your thoughts on the end of RuneScape Classic? Let us know in the comments below.
To read more about this news, read about it in RuneScape Classic Is To Shut Down After 17 Years In August.
Rumor: Fallout 76 Online Survival RPG
- There has been some buzz around the new Fallout game that was originally set to be a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 but rumor has it apparently it’s now evolved into a different version of the game. Fallout 76 got a short but sweet trailer this week that shows what Vault 76 looks like.
- Inspired by games like Dayz and Rust, Fallout 76 is rumored to be a multiplayer online survival RPG.
- Unlike Fallout 3 and 4, Fallout 76 is set 20 years after the nuclear war, rather than 200 years. This means that things are far less developed in this alternative universe than the environments in the last two Fallout games.
- Not only is Fallout 76 being developed in the home of Skyrim and Fallout 4 but in the main offices of Bethesda Game Studios which they opened earlier this year in Austin.
- We will have to wait for more details at this year’s E3 2018 from Bethesda.
To read more about this rumor be sure to check it out in Rumor: Fallout 76 To Be An Online Survival RPG.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: