Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Recent interviews with Elden Ring director Hidetaka Miyazaki of FromSoftware have mainly focused on the structure of the open-world RPG. However, in a recent article, Miyazaki talks more about Games of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin’s involvement.
- Getting such a successful fantasy writer involved in such a project would lead many to believe that Martin was brought on to help develop the main plot of Elden Ring. But according to a recent article by IGN, this isn’t the case. What Miyazaki calls a “natural evolution of Dark Souls”, FromSoftware are very much behind the main story of Elden Ring.
- According to the director, there are certain limitations when it comes to story writing for games, having Martin focus on the lore of Elden Ring gives more freedom to the creative process. Inspiration comes from both sides in this collaboration.
- It looks like Elden Ring’s story will be rich in lore, taking influence from Martin’s mythology and a dark tale that FromSoftware will weave.
To read more about this news find it here in George R.R. Martin Responsible For Mythology In Elden Ring.
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered was announced during the Square Enix presentation at E3 2019 and is set to receive several new features according to Producer Yoshinori Kitase.
- In a recent interview which was in Famitsu magazine, the producer of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Yoshinori Kitase recently revealed some new progression and customisation additions. According to the interview new mechanics be introduced such as triple speed, Battle Enhancements which includes Max HP, ATB Gauge and Limit Breaks will always be available. There will also be no random encounters in the FFVIII Remastered version.
- While the above features will be available on all platforms, some new elements will be available but only for the PC version of game, available via Steam. These include platform exclusive features such as acquire all items, abilities, special moves and triple triad cards. Also the addition of max GF level, gil and magic. Finally, customisable system settings will be available on the PC version.
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will be releasing later this year on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC for Steam.
To read more about this news find it here in Final Fantasy VIII Remastered To Have New Features Including PC Exclusives.
- Since Hollow Knight Silksong was unveiled as it’s own game, fans have been curious to see what this sequel will bring in terms of gameplay. In their latest post on Kickstarter, Team Cherry shed some light on what this new character will bring, showcasing some of the new features in a roundup post-E3.
- It turns out there will be a few differences between the Hornet and the Hollow Knight, which includes the way she heals, use of silk spool, and even an updated death mechanic. While not revealing all new additions, the developer highlighted some they were ready to share.
- Healing for the Hornet involves using the silk that she accrues from killing enemies, using Bind to wrap around injuries and help return her to a healthier state. She is also super speedy compared to the Knight when she heals and she can do it in mid-air.
- An interesting addition is the use of a death mechanic, as with Hollow Knight, the Hornet can die but also will leave a cocoon behind. The cocoon contains a full amount of silk which can be used at an opportune moment.
- Hollow Knight Silksong will launch on Windows, Mac, Linux and Nintendo Switch, with more platforms possible in the future. According the latest post, there is no set release window announced as of yet.
To read more about this news find it here in Hollow Knight Silksong New Gameplay Details.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- Fans of the game who have chosen Switch as their platform for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night have not been too thrilled by how it matches up compared to other platforms due to lower resolution than originally stated and framerate issues.
- Comparison videos have been showing up online giving a side by side comparison between the platforms. In a video by Direct-Feed Games, it shows the difference between the Switch and PS4 version.
- But 505 Games have not stayed silent on the matter and are planning on rolling out some small updates which is set to bring improvements to the Switch version according to their Twitter account.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will launch on April 16th 2020 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this news find it here in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Switch Version Will Get Improvements Following Player Feedback.
- While we’re still quite some time away until the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red aren’t going to let you forget about it with the newly released PS4 theme.
- Now available you can download the free PS4 theme for Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation Store to get yourself ready for it’s release next year. It features the almost neon yellow art featuring the main character V.
- The theme includes CyberpunkS sound effects which sounds pretty futuristic and quite ominous music, which works out pretty great for a free download.
To read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Free PS4 Theme Now Available.
Steam Summer Sale 2019
- The Steam Summer Sale has hit with plenty of discounted games until July 9th. Don’t miss out on some awesome RPG titles that comes with equally awesome prices.
- Titles include Capcom’s Monster Hunter World which can be picked up with 50% off, now only $29.99.
- You can also get Divinity Original Sin 2 with 40% off, now only $27.
- If you’re looking to dive into the Witcher 3, you get this title for $14.99.
- There are a fair few games with some huge discounts, so don’t miss out.
To read more about this news find it here in Steam Summer Sale 2019 Now On Until July 9th.
Elder Scrolls Online
- This week definitely has some good sales, the Elder Scrolls Online standard edition is now 50% off which can be purchased on the ESO Store.
- If you’re wanted to pick up the Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition but haven’t quite dived in or trying to get a friend to join, now’s a great time to pick up the base game for $9.99. This offer is now running on both Steam and the ESO Store, so you have your pick for PC.
- The base game has a lot of content to offer and also comes with the Morrowind chapter meaning you will start you journey in Vvardenfell arriving by sea. I won’t spoil too much of the story for you as there’s a great adventure ahead to discover.
To read more about this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition Now $10 On ESO Store.
- The latest trailer for Code Vein shows Revenants battling against a four armed wolf enemy that wears chains and has quite a few elemental attacks.
- The boss called “Successor of the Ribcage” also seems to be able to release waves of flames when slamming down it’s chains, making it quite a formidable boss. It can also send out shards of ice and rain down an electric storm.
- This boss can be found in the Cathedral of Sacred Blood which looks like quite the labyrinth from early screenshots. Players can choose to battle it alone or team up with an NPC using Code Vein’s companion system.
- There seems to be plenty of movement in this fight, definitely an action packed encounter.
- Code Vein will be releasing PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 27th 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Code Vein New Trailer Featuring Boss Successor Of The Ribcage.
- Officially announcing that a new project is in motion, Square Enix have now listed job openings on their website for the next main Dragon Quest game.
- The game hasn’t got an official title as of yet, but probably be named something along the lines of Dragon Quest XII. It will be developed by the Second Main Development Team at Square Enix according to the page. This is the same team responsible for Dragon Quest XIand others in the franchise.
- The recruitment page also includes a statement from Square Enix Second Main Development Team Director and Dragon Quest XI Director Takeshi Uchikawa. The director hopes to aim the next title at the “next generation” and for it to appeal to “customers all over the world”.
- Currently the development is only at the beginning stages so we might have to wait A while before we see any gameplay.
To read more about this news find it here in Square Enix Unveils New Dragon Quest HD Title.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: